CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the penchant for wigs and things, maybe the choice of picture is inconsequential. That would be something her family and friends would know. We still know so little about her!
Yes I suppose, but for those who don't know Heidi and may have seen her in the area before or even after her disappearance. It would be valuable to show more how she looked "that day".

Saw this on my walk thru and around H&F

Thanks for sharing that photo. Someone took great care in setting up that little shrine for her.

Heidi clearly has people who love and miss her. Sometimes we forget that part as we dive into the details of this case. She is a whole human being full of dreams and demons, like the rest of us.

Heidi, people love and need you. If you can, find your way back to them.

MOO.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
So in your video, there is parking directly across the street from the lobby entrance and alley is across the street!!! So Heidi parked there and walked into the alley?
Only thing is that in the video leaving her house she is carrying a small cross body purse, and it doesn’t appear she has it in the dog walking video. Seems like something she would have with her if she went straight from car to walk dog. Did she leave her purse with someone while she walked the dog?

Also curious is anyone remembers if the people who found the dog made any public statements or talked to media. Have their names been made public?

This is a video starting at the opposite end (on foot) of the alley. We are walking towards public parking lot, towards H&F (once you pass the parking lot).
Walking the same direction HP is seen walking on news video. Time 1:25 mark is where I believe HP
is shown in news video.

*Disclaimer* my personal video not to he shared on other sites.
Was the Open House for a property sale?
Thanks again!

Plus, I'm sure the owner of the apartment doesn't really want to deal drugs from his own home and receiving visitors all day at a high security complex. It's not a good look with the neighbours and the building owners won't like the illegal activity.

Soooo... Over the years working in the service industry (including a few late-night dance club type venues) in NOLA and Dallas - I've found myself included in a myriad of social circles between my co-workers, patrons and actual "friend friends" etc...
Among these folks I have encountered a handful of "commodities traders" who were several steps above street-level (heck... above mid-level even). The ones who were true businessmen and avoided incarceration all had multiple residences which served unique roles. For example - One that I knew had:
1) A condo in a quiet, affluent suburb not too far from where interstates intersected. This was where he met with folks from up the supply chain and things were prepared for downmarket distribution.
2) An apartment near downtown that somehow wasn't in his name where a go-between would meet with mid-level reps and handle that business
3) A badass warehouse flat near all the bars and clubs he and his friends hung out at when he wasn't on the clock. That way they could all party and not worry about driving messed up if friend-level commodities were in play (Friendship has its privileges) .
4) A modest sized house that he owned in an affluent suburb on the OTHER side of town where he lived when it was his turn with his kids. Pretty sure you could count on one hand how many other guests were ever green-lit to visit.

For the record - I am putting "substances" low on my list of reasons she was in that particular area. BUT - A unit at H+F would make sense if it was.

She was walking around where the circle was and looking up in the direction of the arrow.
Would make sense if she was meeting somebody in one of those buildings that the individual would post up on that walkway bridging the alley in order to see her arrive. This would especially make sense if a) The person had a vehicle parked in that garage -OR- b) The person wanted to let her in the building through a "back entrance" in a CCTV blind spot.

If it was b) - To me that raises the chances a person on staff there was involved (directly or was paid by another party for a favor).

ETA:

OR if she was antsy because she received word that she HAD to meet someone(s) down there, don't be late, leave your electronic devices behind... and to come alone (and "they" would know if she was or wasn't).

Last edited:
Over the years working in the service industry (including a few late-night dance club type venues) in NOLA and Dallas - I've found myself included in a myriad of social circles between my co-workers, patrons and actual "friend friends" etc...
Among these folks I have encountered a handful of "commodities traders" who were several steps above street-level (heck... above mid-level even). The ones who were true businessmen and avoided incarceration all had multiple residences which served unique roles. For example - One that I knew had:
1) A condo in a quiet, affluent suburb not too far from where interstates intersected. This was where he met with folks from up the supply chain and things were prepared for downmarket distribution.
2) An apartment near downtown that somehow wasn't in his name where a go-between would meet with mid-level reps and handle that business
3) A badass warehouse flat near all the bars and clubs he and his friends hung out at when he wasn't on the clock. That way they could all party and not worry about driving messed up if friend-level commodities were in play (Friendship has its privileges) .
4) A modest sized house that he owned in an affluent suburb on the OTHER side of town where he lived when it was his turn with his kids. Pretty sure you could count on one hand how many other guests were ever green-lit to visit.

For the record - I am putting "substances" low on my list of reasons she was in that particular area. BUT - A unit at H+F would make sense if it was.

I don't think she was there for substances either, as she wouldn't have left her sons game early for that. Substances could have waited.

Plus, as I mentioned earlier, I think the dealing could've been done elsewhere, much more easily. There was no reason for her to go out if her way to do a house call.

I think she was caught up in something, through her work and it spiralled out of control with the wrong people.

I think she was caught up in something, through her work and it spiralled out of control with the wrong people.
I'm leaning this way as well... and having a lookout on that gangway above... there could have been a vehicle waiting for a snatch and grab right around that corner. She would've been blindsided and outta there... Separated from the dog in a heartbeat. Pooch would've been wandering that alley alone and found by the 29th floor resident...

Just spitballing.

Pooch would've been wandering that alley alone and found by the 29th floor resident...

One thing I'd like to know: do we have clarification that the dog was found actually ON the 29th floor, or BY a resident who happened to live on the 29th floor?

"The dog was found by someone on the 29th floor" could mean either.

Only thing is that in the video leaving her house she is carrying a small cross body purse, and it doesn’t appear she has it in the dog walking video. Seems like something she would have with her if she went straight from car to walk dog. Did she leave her purse with someone while she walked the dog?

Also curious is anyone remembers if the people who found the dog made any public statements or talked to media. Have their names been made public?
Someone here mentioned earlier that she could have had it hidden under her sweatshirt/sweater since it's a crossbody. It makes sense to me, especially when walking alleys and fairly quiet DTLA streets, to make it harder for someone to grab.

Wouldn't she be looking over at the lofts? MOO

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211114-085120_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211114-085120_Chrome.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 52

I agree with Distracted and previous posters who theorize that she may have been wearing the cross-body purse under her sweater at this point.

As far as the people who reported finding the dog, they have not made any public statements, and their names have not been released. Nearly all of the information concerning the finding of Seven has come from interviews with JW.

Just sitting here on a quiet Sunday morning, trying to wrap my head around everything we know, and everything we think we know, and everything we don't know about this bizarre case. Most of us here, I believe, are leaning towards 1 of a few basic ideas as to what happened to Heidi...

1) Her disappearance is related to her job, because she may have known too much about possible shady dealings.
2) The ex is responsible, due to possible ongoing custody/child support issues.
3) Heidi perhaps was going to H+F to get drugs, and something went wrong, resulting in her disappearance.
4) Heidi fled of her own accord, and may be either alive and well, alive and not well, or not alive.

I, at least today, believe that the answer may be 4, with pieces of 1, 2, and 3 all being contributing factors. I think that 1 and 2 were weighing heavily on her at the time, which may have contributed to 3, that may have been a regular, semi-regular, or sometime thing. The comment made by her friend in one of the last interviews, that she and her dog were "known" by some members of staff at H+F certainly seems to support the thought that she had been there a few times at least. Reviews on Yelp suggest that drugs are not uncommon at the high rise, so it is not a reach to think that perhaps that was her reason for going there. All of which brings us to 4. I believe that at the time of her disappearance, this woman who, on the surface, seems very strong and confident, may have been very fragile. We know she allegedly told her bf she was afraid and wished he was there with her. We assumed she was afraid of something else, but maybe she was afraid of herself. Maybe she knew the signals she was seeing in herself, and knew she was on the verge of a meltdown. For that reason, she may have just gotten into her RR and started driving to who knows where, to get away. I hope she checked herself, perhaps with someone's help, into a facility where she can get whatever help she needs to get her life back, because if she didn't, I fear she may have harmed herself and may not be able to get back . JMO

Last edited:
I agree with Distracted and previous posters who theorize that she may have been wearing the cross-body purse under her sweater at this point.

As far as the people who reported finding the dog, they have not made any public statements, and their names have not been released. Nearly all of the information concerning the finding of Seven has come from interviews with JW.
Just throwing my opinion about the purse. I’m pretty sure that’s a Chanel bag she’s seen wearing leaving her home. Knowing that bag I believe it’s way too big to hide under your sweater. You could do it if you were wearing a hoodie but not the type of sweater she was wearing.

Wouldn't she be looking over at the lofts? MOO
Well if you look at the still pics posted earlier in comparison where she is at, the markings are circled in red. She is at the end of the alley coming to parking lot. To the right is the green building with windows, yes possibly lofts and then its the wall attached to green building with murals. (The sun hits you right at that spot).

Last edited:
I'm leaning this way as well... and having a lookout on that gangway above... there could have been a vehicle waiting for a snatch and grab right around that corner. She would've been blindsided and outta there... Separated from the dog in a heartbeat. Pooch would've been wandering that alley alone and found by the 29th floor resident...

Just spitballing.
I completely agree that a snatch and grab is a possibility but wouldn't she be seen coming out of the alley based on the video? Unless it happened in the parking lot.
I could be all wrong as I'm still confused on the alignment of the videos. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member