Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he was not staying with the bios. He was having supervised visits or hours with them. I really cannot imagine that that influenced his behaviour. That, to me seems like a controlling thing of FFC.
It does influence behaviour in many kids in care. There is a build up to seeing them, often an excitement or tension and it's very normal for behaviour to change in the days before and after.

Now would not be the time. He should rise above it IMO, he could have simply said he has nothing to say ‘right now’ while the investigation is ongoing. Like most police would! He not only defended himself, he went even further and defended the FF. He might be right, police may well be chasing their tails, but it would have been better to say nothing right now and see what came of the current search.

I’m sad to have to say it, but there it is.

You have something to back up this generalisation?(The bolded statement)

It's not about rising above anything, it's about keeping things accurate and not letting the media and other players and forum posters slander you. He has a right to defend himself. And to pursue legal action if he sees fit.

IMO the public now need to see their faces and know their names soon in order to assist the investigation. Now that they are not foster parents, IMO they are no longer entitled to anonymity. Perhaps that will happen on Tuesday.
I agree with you. The public do need to see their faces. There may be people that could provide very important information with regards to them being identified.

When he's being slandered he has the right to defend himself. IMO. And also to take slanderers to court. IMO.

I don’t like his chances of successfully arguing he’s being defamed by someone who says he lost objectivity. A Magistrate found he was not objective. The Court of Appeal found he was not objective.

One thing that really bugs me is: why did the FM move forward the departure time of the trip to Kendall? She says doing so meant having to collect William and his sister early from day care/school, and that arriving early surprised her mother who was expecting them the next day.

They were going up to Kendall that weekend to help FFGM pack up her house. They normally went for a Friday – Sunday or Saturday – Monday but they decided at the last minute to leave on Thursday night rather than go on Friday as initially planned.

FCM finished work early on the Thursday and FFC managed to get the 2 pet cats into boarding, so they made a snap decision to drive up on the Thursday afternoon and be there by that evening to spend the long weekend in Kendall.

Shortly after getting on the road, FFC rang her mother to warn her that they’d be there early and told her they’d be there in about 4 1/2 hours. That was even a surprise to the FFGM as she wasn’t expecting them until Friday.

the-little-boy-in-the-spiderman-suit

It
You have something to back up this generalisation?(The bolded statement)

It's not about rising above anything, it's about keeping things accurate and not letting the media and other players and forum posters slander you. He has a right to defend himself. And to pursue legal action if he sees fit.

He’d have a hard time proving slander. People online saying he was incompetent and blinkered in his public judgements and accusations does not amount to slander.

could lt be the new witness, i know shes been questioned before but now shes older could have new information and has not really been mentioned at all by msm, which could be why she is "new" with new evidence?

Now would not be the time. He should rise above it IMO, he could have simply said he has nothing to say ‘right now’ while the investigation is ongoing. Like most police would! He not only defended himself, he went even further and defended the FF. He might be right, police may well be chasing their tails, but it would have been better to say nothing right now and see what came of the current search.

I’m sad to have to say it, but there it is.

I agree. The Comnissioner’s comments were poor but GJ should have said nothing in response.

Why would bm only want wt back?
You think she would want both but maby she is in a legal position to try for WT maby that time has already passed for the sister, would be hard to get two kids back when your now having other kids, I don't think she has spoken publicly about the sister and her position on getting the sister back, I think she has reason to loose the sister, I think the reason to loose WT was week and she continued to see WT after he was removed im not sure what her situation was with visits when the sister was removed

It does influence behaviour in many kids in care. There is a build up to seeing them, often an excitement or tension and it's very normal for behaviour to change in the days before and after.
FFC only mentioned behavioural change/ difficulty afterwards, which she’s struggling to cope with and feels like there’s no way out, or words to that effect. To me, seems like she’s suggesting a scenario to which the easiest solution for case workers is no more BP visits. IDK JMO

But he was not staying with the bios. He was having supervised visits or hours with them. I really cannot imagine that that influenced his behaviour. That, to me seems like a controlling thing of FFC.
Unfortunately children in foster care who have contact visits with biological family can be quite affected by those visits. Past trauma associated with the reasons for removal from the biological family can mean this plays out in behavioural consequences before, during and after visits. It doesn’t mean children shouldn’t have these contact visits - often they are important to maintain connection - but it does mean ongoing complexities relating to children and their coping behaviours. IMO

In light of the FFC email to Social workers 3 days before William disappeared, would somebody please confirm whether any of the Bio family had friends/relatives in Kendall.
Yes this is something I have explored. Not sure if we are allowed to share any possible info found on this as it has not been in MSM.

Thank you. How does the police walk figure into my question, though?

According to the 000 call, FFC took 15 - 20 minutes to search for WT before calling and only mentioned walking up and down Benaroon Road. It would seem getting in a vehicle and taking at least eight to ten minutes to go somewhere very specific and then coming immediately back is a rather large omission from her call. (On top of it all, she doesn't call the MFC despite being alarmed enough to jump in the car and go to the Riding Place). Am I missing something about this 000 call?

This is a very important point IMO as lack of disclosure is very telling.

A police officer who acts illegally to obtain evidence has absolutely lost objectivity.
As I said, happy to agree to disagree, but there was a very fine line about whether he actually did or not. A matter of a small amount of time that the warrant had expired, from memory.

Anyway, I stand by my belief that he has the right to defend himself. Happy for others to believe that he doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilgrlbghrt