Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per an investigator ‘the only thing Barry M. budged on was ‘disposing of tranq. material’, which may explain no blood evidence. (maybe drops to clean up after the dart or he got her outside).
-His employee heard his truck outside his house at 4.30am.
Noise was apparently heard at the construction site at 11pm (may or not be related.
-Between 11pm-4.30pm is likely the 5-6 hour timeframe for alleged disposal.
-Theory he may have killed her in the house.
Loaded her into the truck & disposed of her. -He used a bobcat to bury stuff in his yard before moving, He had boasted I ‘could bury a body and no one would ever find it), which makes may think he may have used a bob cat from / at the construction site (or his own and returned it to either location) to bury SM somewhere (my first suspect) or he dumped her down a mine (theory two). -Could the constant noise from the construction site be BM using the bob cat there? The investigators really zoned in there?

Per an investigator ‘the only thing Barry M. budged on was ‘disposing of tranq. material’, which may explain no blood evidence. (maybe drops to clean up after the dart or he got her outside).
Noise was apparently heard at the construction site at 11pm (may or not be related.
Loaded her into the truck & disposed of her. -He used a bobcat to bury stuff in his yard before moving, He had boasted I ‘could bury a body and no one would ever find it), which makes may think he may have used a bob cat from / at the construction site (or his own and returned it to either location) to bury SM somewhere (my first suspect) or he dumped her down a mine (theory two). -Could the constant noise from the construction site be BM using the bob cat there? The investigators really zoned in there?
Hard to say I think...we'll see how they shape up the prosecution theory and back it up at the trial no doubt. I'm kinda thumbs down on the river house site or close to the house as so much time and energy has been spent searching in those places both by professionals and general public. I'm not yet convinced there wasn't help and Barry might simply not know where she is. So people yelling "Where is Suzanne" at him simply is meaningless because he doesn't know where "she is". Whose to say all the night time activity in the driveway was "just Barry". People are working so very hard to get everything to fit the speculation that it was Barry and Barry alone...but just as easy to speculate that there were others who "helped". She could literally be anywhere via a totally different vehicle if that's the case.

He cannot have moved his truck. Even though he tried to disconnect it, the telematics reported every time a light came on (doors opening and closing, parking lights, headlights) and every time the vehicle moved locations. I don't think we have a clear telematics timeline for the Garfield helmet toss because he never parked the truck or opened a door.

I'm still not sure what MB heard and when on the rock beach site. Barry was over there working on that site Friday evening, though. We've all batted this one back and forth a lot, Barry would have passed multiple cameras on the way to Salida. I would expect that LE checked the video for the other vehicles on the property that night, the 2 RR's which were seized in the initial search.

Both the rock beach site and the Puma path property were searched by Necrosearch.

He cannot have moved his truck. Even though he tried to disconnect it, the telematics reported every time a light came on (doors opening and closing, parking lights, headlights) and every time the vehicle moved locations. I don't think we have a clear telematics timeline for the Garfield helmet toss because he never parked the truck or opened a door.

I'm still not sure what MB heard and when on the rock beach site. Barry was over there working on that site Friday evening, though. We've all batted this one back and forth a lot, Barry would have passed multiple cameras on the way to Salida. I would expect that LE checked the video for the other vehicles on the property that night, the 2 RR's which were seized in the initial search.

Both the rock beach site and the Puma path property were searched by Necrosearch.

One other theory. MG may have got an envelope full of money (bizzare encounter) MG heard his truck outside his house at 4.30am . Could he have talked her into borrowing her truck ? Offered her much needed cash? Concocted a story? She was interviewed five times and ‘mostly cooperated’ her story never say quite right with me.

One other theory. MG may have got an ‘envelope’ full of money (bizzare encounter) MG heard his truck outside his house at 4.30am . Could he have talked her into borrowing her truck ? Offered her much needed cash? Concocted a story about needing it? She was interviewed five times and ‘mostly cooperated’ her story never say quite right with me.

Her other books were located unmolested. He burned her journal and some file folders and documents. To me this says anything he could have safely burned in the fireplace (or in his grill, he's pretty insistent that he grilled a steak on the 9th) without leaving a tell-tale residue, he did. Obviously the plastic would leave a residue. Polyester is gonna leave a residue ...

Barry must have really loved those freaking shorts to have tossed them in the wash instead of a dumpster.
RBBM
THAT, and the washed out, stretched out, faded blue wife beater! Ugh!! Mipples :eek:. Those pieces were worthy of the fireplace :D:p!

Last edited:

Was just the PP home searched or was the entire 7 acre property searched?

Hard to say I think...we'll see how they shape up the prosecution theory and back it up at the trial no doubt. I'm kinda thumbs down on the river house site or close to the house as so much time and energy has been spent searching in those places both by professionals and general public. I'm not yet convinced there wasn't help and Barry might simply not know where she is. So people yelling "Where is Suzanne" at him simply is meaningless because he doesn't know where "she is". Whose to say all the night time activity in the driveway was "just Barry". People are working so very hard to get everything to fit the speculation that it was Barry and Barry alone...but just as easy to speculate that there were others who "helped". She could literally be anywhere via a totally different vehicle if that's the case.
Well, BM says he was home all night so would he not have known of/heard other vehicles right outside his home? Yet, he never mentioned anything of the kind. If anyone else was there, they were there at BM's request.

Was just the PP home searched or was the entire 7 acre property searched?

(K-9 search on May 23, 2020)
On May 23, 2020, search teams along with K-9s and K-9 handlers (Blood Hound Man Trackers NecroSearch)searched the 19507 Puma Path property. During this search, three different K-9s were used. Each of the three K-9s were ran blindly and individually during the search. On the west area of the driveway/parking area, where a flatbed trailer and Bobcat Skid Steer are parked, all three K-9s “trained final response” alerted (the K-9s used have been trained in a specific way to alert their handlers when they detect possible human decamp/remains) on the top of the trailer. It should be noted, on the bed of the trailer there is gravel and dirt. This is an area the K-9s alerted. All three K-9s again alerted on the Bobcat, and one of the K-9s jumped into the Bobcat and tried to lay down on the driver’s seat. The Bobcat located on the Morphew’s property is identified as a 2018 Bobcat Compact Skid Steer, Model# S590 and product identification number AR9Rl8813. The flatbed trailer and Bobcat Skid Steer are parked directly next to each other.

My question is how he felt confident there were no security cameras on the MW dumpster. He also seemed to know there were no security cameras at some sides of the HIE. Had he cased this out in advance?
Landscapers use other peoples/buildings/business dumpsters quite often. Usually they break up amounts of illicit drops in small moderate amounts for each dumpster location so as not to get in trouble. We put cameras in our building covering our two and three "yard" dumpsters when we got landscapers using them but stopped recording from them since, after dusk especially, the license plates and other markings are were near always impossible to be clear enough for theft of service/trespass prosecution. He just may have never been caught in the past and therefore felt confident.
Don't get me wrong I think the guy is guilty as sin, but I don't think the prosecution is going to get far on the dumpster stops unless they actually have whatever he dumped. It is similar to hands and arms being scratched. When I was in college and working for a landscaper summers, we had heavy gloves but our hands were very often screeched up since at some point you take them off and forget to put them on.

I think this is going to be a long trial and the defense is going to have a lot of time, a month or more for their case, to create OJ ike doubt due to this being all circumstantial, even though it is a mountain of circumstantial. Even the third party DNA can place doubt

Stumbled onto this looking for a different arcGIS map, but thought some of you might like to see the property lines more clearly.

qPublic.net - Chaffee County, CO - Map

Is the yellow line marked 'private' south of the Puma Path property driveable?

I just noticed that that road connects to the RV Park and thence to the other Monarch Estates access road (the one that goes to the Ritters').

Remember that vacant lot with the seedling trees that got some attention for a while? IIRC that lot is along that road. I always wondered what drew attention to those trees -- did they look freshly planted? Did they match a receipt for tree seedlings found among BM's things, I seem to recall? Why didn't LE dig them up?

Especially if one could drive either a regular vehicle, a Bobcat (not trailered, just driving the Cat itself), or at least an ATV along that south road/trail to an empty lot with no traffic passing by during the night...

MOO

Landscapers use other peoples/buildings/business dumpsters quite often. Usually they break up amounts of illicit drops in small moderate amounts for each dumpster location so as not to get in trouble. We put cameras in our building covering our two and three "yard" dumpsters when we got landscapers using them but stopped recording from them since, after dusk especially, the license plates and other markings are were near always impossible to be clear enough for theft of service/trespass prosecution. He just may have never been caught in the past and therefore felt confident.
Don't get me wrong I think the guy is guilty as sin, but I don't think the prosecution is going to get far on the dumpster stops unless they actually have whatever he dumped. It is similar to hands and arms being scratched. When I was in college and working for a landscaper summers, we had heavy gloves but our hands were very often screeched up since at some point you take them off and forget to put them on.

I think this is going to be a long trial and the defense is going to have a lot of time, a month or more for their case, to create OJ ike doubt due to this being all circumstantial, even though it is a mountain of circumstantial. Even the third party DNA can place doubt

BBM, yeah. But the prosecution has a killer line.

On May 9, 2020, Suzanne’s last proof-of-life occurred in the 2:00PM hour when she was messaging Libler with a “selfie” while Barry returned to the residence. Suzanne did not respond to Libler’s return messages at 2:44PM and 2:46PM, the same time Barry admitted to running around their property with a gun and placing his phone in Airplane Mode at 2:47PM.

Is the yellow line marked 'private' south of the Puma Path property driveable?

I just noticed that that road connects to the RV Park and thence to the other Monarch Estates access road (the one that goes to the Ritters').

Remember that vacant lot with the seedling trees that got some attention for a while? IIRC that lot is along that road. I always wondered what drew attention to those trees -- did they look freshly planted? Did they match a receipt for tree seedlings found among BM's things, I seem to recall? Why didn't LE dig them up?

Especially if one could drive either a regular vehicle, a Bobcat (not trailered, just driving the Cat itself), or at least an ATV along that south road/trail to an empty lot with no traffic passing by during the night...

MOO

Yes. It's a "trail" to Fooses from the campground, mostly used by hikers and bikers, but from the videos I've seen, it looks good for anything that wouldn't bottom out on a bump. Note also that when Barry was taking down his game cams, one of them was all the way at the edge of his property line toward the RV park.

Based on AA interviews with people who knew Barry, he could do impressive stuff with that Bobcat. My theory is that he put her in the Bobcat bucket (the bare footprint, her remains rested on the trailer at some point, too) and drove her up Pahlone. There are three abandoned mine shafts along the trail up the mountain. There is no way Barry didn't know about those three. The one at the top is visible on Google Earth and clearly plugged with a boulder. The other two are under tree cover, but on trails. I think he opened one, put her in, and re-sealed the shaft.

The question becomes, could the cadaver dogs find her? How sealed is sealed when we're talking about boulders and soil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member