Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh I do all sorts of laundry at different times. I will admit to throwing in one random pair of shorts with sheets-but probably not shorts that someone like Barry had used for work. I think Barry’s stuff would probably be separate most of the time as I imagine stuff would get very dirty, with him moving soil and concrete and landscaping. If Suzanne washed his clothes, things might need to get spot treatments and different water temps and cycles. Maybe Barry used Suzanne’s to-do list as what he had to work through since she was no longer alive, yet he had to make it appear that she was, until he left the house the next day. He couldn’t impersonate Suzanne talking/FaceTiming on apps or the phone. It sounds like he doesn’t trust himself to text as her either.

What day was it that MM1 texted about getting the job, when she did not receive a reply from either parent? That strikes me as odd.

I wash my sheets separately in hot or at least warm water. How about the rest of you? And does anyone wash a single pair of shorts with a set of sheets? IMO this is work of a man who has likely never done a load of laundry in his life until absolutely necessary. Maybe even to imply that Suzanne was awake and alive Sunday morning checking off her to do list while enjoying her coffee? I call BS IMO
Yes I pick up any odds and ends of similar color and throw them in with the sheets all the time. I have an extra large capacity washer so even king sheets don't fill it up. All said, I think the laundry is just as it seems...it was on Suzanne's to-do list, she did a load of wash and put the wash in the dryer. I think she wanted the daughters and friend to stay the night before turning and driving back to Gunnison. I also doubt Barry and Suzanne were sleeping in separate rooms. There is just nothing in any of Suzanne's texts or in Barry's reports (even with his hyperbole) that suggests that level of antipathy had occurred. Quite the contrary...Suzanne's texts suggest she was struggling to keep Barry happy and Barry was struggling with Suzanne falling out of love with him and wanting her to be happy.

Yes I pick up any odds and ends of similar color and throw them in with the sheets all the time. I have an extra large capacity washer so even king sheets don't fill it up. All said, I think the laundry is just as it seems...it was on Suzanne's to-do list, she did a load of wash and put the wash in the dryer. I think she wanted the daughters and friend to stay the night before turning and driving back to Gunnison. I also doubt Barry and Suzanne were sleeping in separate rooms. There is just nothing in any of Suzanne's texts or in Barry's reports (even with his hyperbole) that suggests that level of antipathy had occurred. Quite the contrary...Suzanne's texts suggest she was struggling to keep Barry happy and Barry was struggling with Suzanne falling out of love with him and wanting her to be happy.

I don't think Barry struggled with wanting Suzanne to be happy.

Seems like that was the least of his concerns. Perhaps for years. Perhaps for decades. But especially that weekend.

He was, however, very concerned with his happiness.

JMO

I wonder if the coffee maker is an 8 or 12 cup coffee maker or a 1 cup Keurig? The Keurigs are more flexible as they can make 1 cup on demand pretty much anytime. But the coffee maker is typically for multiple cups regularly, and therefore more likely to be used in the morning. Some people, like myself, only drink coffee in the morning, due to caffeine. We don't know SM's coffee habits...but someone does. It would suggest when that coffee was likely consumed, and by whom. I think BM wanted that cup to be interpreted as a Sunday morning cup of coffee...and preserved it for that purpose; when in reality, it was a Saturday am cup of coffee....likely unwashed by Suzanne because it was the only unclean dish in the kitchen, waiting for others to be added for a wash later in the day. jmo.

We do, from the PH tweets. Suzanne had one cup of coffee every morning (I can't imagine limiting myself to one unless it was a 32 oz) and Barry doesn't. So I think it's probably a safe assumption that she had a Keurig.

I think what's significant is that the shorts Barry was seen on CCTV on 5/9 were found in the dryer. The same dryer containing a syringe cap and recently washed/dried sheets, per Suzanne's To Do list. Pretty solid timestamp.

JMO

I wash my sheets separately in hot or at least warm water. How about the rest of you? And does anyone wash a single pair of shorts with a set of sheets? IMO this is work of a man who has likely never done a load of laundry in his life until absolutely necessary. Maybe even to imply that Suzanne was awake and alive Sunday morning checking off her to do list while enjoying her coffee? I call BS IMO
I wash sheets separately so that I can wash them on a hotter temperature. Same with towels. I think this makes sense hygienically, especially when a lot of clothes need a cooler temperature and cant be washed too hot.

The idea of washing work shorts in with sheets I personally find revolting. But guess we're all different. I bet questions have been asked of witnesses about the Morphew laundry habits.

Last edited:
In the May 13th interview attached above, didn't BM tell LE that, while talking to neighbor Jeanne, he told her that he had pulled out SM's car from the garage ? This was in context of Jeanne looking to see if SM's bike was there, and she didn't see it. Why would BM have pulled Suzanne's car out of the garage before leaving for Broomfield? For what purpose?

I don't recall that. At some point I think he said he went and took her bike off of the RR for her, but I don't remember where it was said or what excuse he gave.

Barry says he saw the sheets in the dryer. (Why? Why did he open the dryer? What did he wash that we don't know about?????) Interestingly, he asks if the whole bedding was off... because he "was never in [that room]". 100%, Barry? Were you 100% not in there?

His query gives me pause.

JMO

P. 21 of the AA

Colorado Judicial Branch - Chaffee - Cases of Interest - People of the State of Colorado v. Barry Lee Morphew

He says in one of the CBI interviews that he went to the dryer looking for socks.
(Barry Interview- June 3rd)
Barry stated that he went into the dryer looking for socks and saw REDACTED sheets, and he dug through some of Suzanne’s clothes in the dryer; a pair of her shorts was in there.

*agrees vigorously*

Eh I do all sorts of laundry at different times. I will admit to throwing in one random pair of shorts with sheets-but probably not shorts that someone like Barry had used for work. I think Barry’s stuff would probably be separate most of the time as I imagine stuff would get very dirty, with him moving soil and concrete and landscaping. If Suzanne washed his clothes, things might need to get spot treatments and different water temps and cycles. Maybe Barry used Suzanne’s to-do list as what he had to work through since she was no longer alive, yet he had to make it appear that she was, until he left the house the next day. He couldn’t impersonate Suzanne talking/FaceTiming on apps or the phone. It sounds like he doesn’t trust himself to text as her either.

What day was it that MM1 texted about getting the job, when she did not receive a reply from either parent? That strikes me as odd.

On May 7, #BarryMorphew texted a person about getting a new truck. Attempted to call #SuzanneMorphew dad Gene. Also texted George Davis. Mallory was sending pictures of their trip to Utah and also a text that said, “Finally got the job!” Aug 10, 2021 LS Tweet

In the listing photos, there's a coffee maker on the counter. It looks like a dual machine so if that coffee maker was there on May 9, when Suzanne made her last coffee, she could've chosen to brew a pot or a single serving.

Ah, but didn't Barry say he made them breakfast that day?

As if.

JMO

Breakfast and a steak, laundry, gosh, Barry did a lot of housekeeping that weekend. I imagine that Suzanne dedicated much of her adult life to cleaning up after Barry (domestically and socially) and suddenly, some time after 2:47 on May 9th, 2020, Barry had to clean up for himself.

And here we are.

(It hurts my heart to think that, after he did what he did, in need of socks, he knew where to find them, in the laundry Suzanne likely started. She tried so hard.... giver, meet taker.)

JMO

In the listing photos, there's a coffee maker on the counter. It looks like a dual machine so if that coffee maker was there on May 9, when Suzanne made her last coffee, she could've chosen to brew a pot or a single serving.

Ah, but didn't Barry say he made them breakfast that day?

As if.

JMO

(Barry Interview – May 21st)
Barry stated that Saturday (May 9th) morning, he got up early, probably had to put a few tools in my truck.” Suzanne thanked him for the breakfast and was “perfectly normal,” giving him a kiss goodbye and “everything was great.” He told her that he would be home soon and they “could go bike riding or hiking or something.” Barry added that it was a “perfectly normal day,” and, “She was in a perfectly good mood.”

Regarding Saturday (May 9th) morning, Barry stated that he did not set alarm or recall what time he got up. He made himself and Suzanne breakfast; set it next to her in bed. He said, “I think I made bacon and eggs and toast.”

I am sure the investigators know who wrote the list, I think it was Suzanne and Suzanne who put in the wash probably for the same reasons you do, could be she wasn't sure of the last time someone used that bed. To that end I think Barry threw his shorts in the wash, and later when he went to put them in the dryer, saw the sheets, threw the shorts in anyways. One thing for sure, if the sheets or his shorts had a chance of cadaverine on them, they would have made trash run 6.

I also think they were still sharing a room. It had nothing to do with Suzanne struggling to keep Barry happy and everything to do with Suzanne trying to stay alive until she was out of there. For Barry, he could care less about her happiness, he wanted his trophy, his money and his life to continue as if always had, no questions asked. In Barry's shallow world he was doing his job, everything he could offer, in spades... I go to work, make money, I'm an ATM, I've done my part. Barry had no answers, solution or alternatives to life's problems, his only answer was sex. Antipathy? Obvious to me, based on the most recent texts/conversations etc. that marriage was irreparably broke. Tragic after all those years but they were done IMO. Barry had no choice and he knew it.

Last edited:
I think I've solved the case.

JMO

While Barry was tinkering in his garage, after taking down his trail cameras at the worst possible time, a rogue abductor must have slipped into the home, quietly made his way through the locked bedroom door, splintered wood and all. There he apprehended Suzanne and walked her out of the house, pausing long enough to gather her bicycle and her baby blue helmet, all the while avoiding Barry's peripheral vision.

He must have struggled with manhandling both the bike and Suzanne, eventually tossing the bike over the road. Not sure why the manhandler chose to keep the helmet at that point, but maybe Suzanne was carrying it and it gave her some comfort, holding it. For a time anyway.

Now it's only because of the sky pen and serendipity that we even know, not just about Barry's penchant for true crime podcasts, but also which true crime podcasts he'd listened to. What we don't know, however, is which ones he may have listened to on unrecorded days.

Perhaps he listened to one urging spouses of missing persons, if ever their spouse disappears, to remove all traces of the abduction.

It's been a year and a half, that ghosty abductor must scarcely be able to fathom his good fortune, that Barry erased all traces of his presence.

If only Barry could recall what he dumpstered, maybe he could piece together who took his wife.

Surely he'd beating himself up that he wasn't able to interrupt that abduction, when he must've been mere inches away or even later that night when his prostate kept getting the better of him, that none of his late night wandering coincided with the abductor's return visit with Suzanne, in and around the Bobcat, to retrieve her phone.

Incredible really that Barry can smoke out a chipmunk but not a predator, threatening his family.

I guess we know who the real threat was.

JMO

:) You have probably illustrated his best defense. His lawyers have a tough job ahead.

(Barry Interview – May 21st)
Barry stated that Saturday (May 9th) morning, he got up early, probably had to put a few tools in my truck.” Suzanne thanked him for the breakfast and was “perfectly normal,” giving him a kiss goodbye and “everything was great.” He told her that he would be home soon and they “could go bike riding or hiking or something.” Barry added that it was a “perfectly normal day,” and, “She was in a perfectly good mood.”

Regarding Saturday (May 9th) morning, Barry stated that he did not set alarm or recall what time he got up. He made himself and Suzanne breakfast; set it next to her in bed. He said, “I think I made bacon and eggs and toast.”
Gag me.

I also doubt Barry and Suzanne were sleeping in separate rooms. There is just nothing in any of Suzanne's texts or in Barry's reports (even with his hyperbole) that suggests that level of antipathy had occurred. Quite the contrary...Suzanne's texts suggest she was struggling to keep Barry happy and Barry was struggling with Suzanne falling out of love with him and wanting her to be happy.

RSBM

Nothing suggest that level of antipathy? Judge said the "I'm done" text means that she was done with the marriage and the "Let's just do this civilly," meaning dissolution of marriage. The text to Jeff Libler said that "these next few days are going to be rough" shows that #SuzanneMorphew wanted out of the marriage.

Seems pretty clear.

Last edited:
nothing suggest that level of antipathy? Judge said the "I'm done" text means that she was done with the marriage and the "Let's just do this civilly," meaning dissolution of marriage. The text to Jeff Libler said that "these next few days are going to be rough" shows that #SuzanneMorphew wanted out of the marriage.

Seems pretty clear.
It was. The judge broke it down perfectly. Barry's alibi should be pristine. It's hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500