Found Safe CA - Lateche Norris, 20, had a fight with bf, new to the area, San Diego, 5 Nov 2021 *At-Risk*

DEC 1, 2021
Unconfirmed Tips Lead Family of Missing Woman Lateche Norris to Post Flyers in Ocean Beach – NBC 7 San Diego (nbcsandiego.com)
Unconfirmed sightings of missing woman Lateche Norris in the Ocean Beach area led family members there Wednesday to post flyers and hunt for tips.

[...]

Walker said it’s been bittersweet having the support from people across the country, even from Gabby Petito’s family, who Walker said have reached out to offer support.

[...]

SDPD is asking for the public's help finding Norris. They said her boyfriend, Joseph Smith, is not considered a suspect.

[...]

DEC 1, 2021
Missing woman in 'dark world' of boyfriend’s drug addiction | cbs8.com
[...]

When Norris and her boyfriend, Joey Smith, moved into an apartment in Los Gatos in late July, Smith had been clean for a couple months, according to the former neighbor who did not want to be identified.

“He has a heroin addiction and he had been on Suboxone. It helps heroin addicts recover from their addiction. It satisfies the opium craving physically but you don't get high,” said the ex-neighbor.

[...]

“When they moved out here, he got triggered and he started using again. He overdosed. The ambulance came. They gave him Narcan," said the ex-neighbor. "They just revived him and when he was okay, they left. And he was just sick, and he was throwing up and just really sick,”

Lateche decided to go back home to Anderson, Indiana in early September. Joey quit his construction job and went with her.

“The night before they left, I had them over for dinner and he said, ‘I will be dead in that apartment without her.’ He couldn't live without her, so he walked away from this amazing job to go back to Indiana with her and be tattoo artists again,” the neighbor recalled.

[...]

“They were super dysfunctional. Do I think Joey killed Lateche? No. But do I think it's his fault that she might be dead? Yes, because of his dark world and the dark places she ended up because of her relationship with him. Trying to get him out, I think, they ended up in a very dangerous situation,” said the former neighbor.

[...]

DEC 1, 2021
Unconfirmed Tips Lead Family of Missing Woman Lateche Norris to Post Flyers in Ocean Beach – NBC 7 San Diego (nbcsandiego.com)
Unconfirmed sightings of missing woman Lateche Norris in the Ocean Beach area led family members there Wednesday to post flyers and hunt for tips.

[...]

Walker said it’s been bittersweet having the support from people across the country, even from Gabby Petito’s family, who Walker said have reached out to offer support.

[...]

SDPD is asking for the public's help finding Norris. They said her boyfriend, Joseph Smith, is not considered a suspect.

[...]

Thanks for sharing this - at least in OB, for better or for worse, there is a good-sized young, homeless population. From my time in SD, this population of homeless people are less likely to be mentally ill or subject to violence. (<- all IMO)

I hope this helps narrow the search area significantly and increases the likelihood of reconnecting with her family and helping her find her way home.

RSBM: Appreciate the sentiment but there is absolutely more to it than that. A lot more sadly...
Right. It was very obvious when one would compare how a couple of disappearances that happened before Gabby Pettito were handled. I just hope that Lateche is striking and maybe the media will fall for it. (Although Angela Tramonte’s death did not attract much public attention). ((

DEC 1, 2021

[...]

[...]

[...]
from the link :

"Walker said Norris came to San Diego with only a backpack full of clothes. Norris' phone died before her last conversation with Walker, who she called from a stranger's phone, Walker said."

so does that mean she had her phone, but it was dead?

DEC 1, 2021
Missing woman in 'dark world' of boyfriend’s drug addiction | cbs8.com
[...]

When Norris and her boyfriend, Joey Smith, moved into an apartment in Los Gatos in late July, Smith had been clean for a couple months, according to the former neighbor who did not want to be identified.

“He has a heroin addiction and he had been on Suboxone. It helps heroin addicts recover from their addiction. It satisfies the opium craving physically but you don't get high,” said the ex-neighbor.

[...]

“When they moved out here, he got triggered and he started using again. He overdosed. The ambulance came. They gave him Narcan," said the ex-neighbor. "They just revived him and when he was okay, they left. And he was just sick, and he was throwing up and just really sick,”

Lateche decided to go back home to Anderson, Indiana in early September. Joey quit his construction job and went with her.

“The night before they left, I had them over for dinner and he said, ‘I will be dead in that apartment without her.’ He couldn't live without her, so he walked away from this amazing job to go back to Indiana with her and be tattoo artists again,” the neighbor recalled.

[...]

“They were super dysfunctional. Do I think Joey killed Lateche? No. But do I think it's his fault that she might be dead? Yes, because of his dark world and the dark places she ended up because of her relationship with him. Trying to get him out, I think, they ended up in a very dangerous situation,” said the former neighbor.

[...]
good insight.

Thanks for sharing this - at least in OB, for better or for worse, there is a good-sized young, homeless population. From my time in SD, this population of homeless people are less likely to be mentally ill or subject to violence. (<- all IMO)

I hope this helps narrow the search area significantly and increases the likelihood of reconnecting with her family and helping her find her way home.
a lot of them are users tho.

from the link :

"Walker said Norris came to San Diego with only a backpack full of clothes. Norris' phone died before her last conversation with Walker, who she called from a stranger's phone, Walker said."

so does that mean she had her phone, but it was dead?
It reads that way but this article says she broke it.

Woman missing in San Diego, Lateche Norris considered ‘at risk’ | cbs8.com
November 2: Norris Facebook messaged a friend, saying "I don't have my cell phone anymore. I broke it..."

But, it sounds like she had two phones - one without cell service:

Mom of missing TikToker Lateche Norris, 20, says daughter's 'addict' boyfriend is 'possessive and broke her phone' (thesun.co.uk)
Lateche Norris' mom, Cheryl Walker, told the US Sun that Joey Smith broke at least four of her daughter's phones during arguments since May and followed her when she tried to cool off after a fight.

[...]

On November 4, Norris called her mom using Facebook messenger from her phone.

Her mom explained that was a backup phone that didn't have cell service and required WiFi to do anything.

[...]

LN's Mother has been very proactive in her search for her daughter and has put her personal phone# on some of the fliers she has distributed (as well as given it out on air in at least one interview). Unfortunately - Some people have no boundaries when it comes to exploiting others for money. Scammers are the scum of the earth.
Yes, I cringe when I see people use their personal phone #'s. I can understand how desperate they are for information about their missing loved one but it's just not a good idea. The FBI issued a PSA earlier this year about these low lifes who try to take advantage of families of the missing. MOO

Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Scammers Target Families Who Post Missing Persons on Social Media

DEC 2, 2021
Lateche Norris disappearance: Video shows missing Indiana woman, boyfriend at San Diego 7-Eleven (fox5sandiego.com)

Norris-vid-120221-copy-e1638495215578.jpg

Surveillance video released Thursday, Dec. 2, 2021 by San Diego police shows missing Indiana woman Lateche Norris, left, and her boyfriend Joseph Smith, right. The video, taken Nov. 4 from a downtown San Diego 7-Eleven, shows the last time Norris was seen. (San Diego Police Department photo)

SDPD posted tonight to their Twitter a series of 6 tweets.
https://twitter.com/sandiegopd/status/1466579173913231363?s=21

On November 9, 2021, Lateche Norris’ family reported her as a missing person. Norris was last seen at the 7-11 at 222 Park Blvd in downtown San Diego on November 4, 2021, at about 11:25 p.m. with her boyfriend, Joseph Smith.

Video footage: youtu.be/7rCqQL4-Ziw

1/6
https://twitter.com/sandiegopd/status/1466579175226052609?s=21

Norris was wearing a zippered black hooded sweatshirt over a navy t-shirt, khaki pants, black skater-type shoes with white trim, and was carrying a black and white checkered backpack. NORRIS has visible tattoos on the backs of her fingers.

2/6
https://twitter.com/sandiegopd/status/1466579176333344769?s=21
Norris is described as a 20-year-old, mixed-race female, brown hair, brown eyes, 5’8”, and about 165 lbs.

3/6
https://twitter.com/sandiegopd/status/1466579177373515777?s=21
Smith was wearing a long-sleeve Nike t-shirt with the sleeves rolled up. His shirt has a white Nike “swoosh” in the front center just below the neckline with an apparent unidentified logo just beneath it.

4/6
https://twitter.com/sandiegopd/status/1466579178489188354?s=21

He was wearing black or dark blue jeans and the same black, skater-type shoes as Norris. Smith also had a black and gray backpack. Smith has several tattoos on the left side of his neck, down his left arm and hand, and on both legs.

5/6
https://twitter.com/sandiegopd/status/1466579179579719680?s=21

Smith is described as a 25-year-old male with brown hair, hazel eyes, 6’0”, and about 185 lbs.

Anybody with information related to Norris’ whereabouts should contact the San Diego Police Department Communications Division at 619-531-2000 and reference Case #21-501043.

6/6

Ugh, another missing woman after a fight with her boyfriend...

It's sad it took LE this long to list her as "at risk." no phone, no car, maybe not much money, and in a place she doesn't know after fighting with her bf who has an abusive history along with a frantic call to her mother from a stranger's phone. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know she was highly at risk.

My thoughts exactly.

DEC 2, 2021
Lateche Norris disappearance: Video shows missing Indiana woman, boyfriend at San Diego 7-Eleven (fox5sandiego.com)

Norris-vid-120221-copy-e1638495215578.jpg

Surveillance video released Thursday, Dec. 2, 2021 by San Diego police shows missing Indiana woman Lateche Norris, left, and her boyfriend Joseph Smith, right. The video, taken Nov. 4 from a downtown San Diego 7-Eleven, shows the last time Norris was seen. (San Diego Police Department photo)

Why has it taken so long for this to be released?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back