MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, shooting at Oxford High School, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why were they allowed to watch from ZOOM and not in court?
COVID precautions or?
LE should have arrested them before announcing it via the media.
I am thinking that LE announced it because they didn't know where they were. One of the articles posted here said they had stopped communicating with their attorney. I'm assuming the attorney let LE know that. JMO

Thank you.
Yes, I tried posting about Kip Kinkel earlier in the thread.

DH was school principal for 30 years. He saw everything in terms of kids, parents, etc.
I shared this case with him.
He said the SRO should have been involved, and if they weren't, probably would have called police. Not to arrest him, but because of potential self-harm, and possibility he should have been on a hold, as someone stated upthread. There are legal steps LE has to go through to do that.

He said that legally, because the boy was a minor and parents refused to search his backpack, the school's hands may have been tied legally about searching it themselves. I wonder now if the admin. at my school called the parents to get permission to search kids' backpacks, IDK.
I am thinking that LE announced it because they didn't know where they were. One of the articles posted here said they had stopped communicating with their attorney. I'm assuming the attorney let LE know that. JMO

ok, I'm catching up...what a crazy day. Things moving very quickly. Thank you for the updates.

“If they think they're gonna get away, they're not” - Oakland County, MI Sheriff Michael Bouchard says detectives, FBI and U.S Marshal service are all out looking for the parents of teen charged with murder for Oxford shooting, who themselves are now charged

https://twitter.com/chrisjansing/status/1466875162666614795?s=21

Police released an alert to be on the lookout for the parents, who drive a 2019 white* (later corrected to be black) KIA Soul.

Metro Detroit Local News - Detroit Free Press

ETA:

Oakland County Undersheriff Mike McCabe said authorities agreed with the couple's lawyer Shannon Smith that they would be brought forward if charges were made, but the couple reportedly stopped communication with their lawyer. A call to the Crumbleys lawyer from the Free Press was not immediately returned.

BBM - conflicting reports and I doubt LE would issue a BOLO for the parents if they were going to turn themselves in. Guess we shall see.

You mean moving forward? I am wondering about that. Will Ethan's bio mom try to help now? My head is spinning!

Jennifer Crumbley IS Ethan's biological mother. James Crumbley had a previous marriage to the mother of Ethan's older, half brother (18).

That half brother has been interviewed about the shooting and the family dynamic. He does not reside with the family, rather, he and Jennifer Crumbley apparently have some issues getting along, such that he returned to live with his own mother in FL a few years back.

I had not heard this. Seems the Crumleys chose to get out of dodge instead of showing up for arraignment.

It seems we're at a new level when it comes to parents of school shooters. I hope they find them soon. I hope they're not getting assistance and weapons from any friends or groups they belong to.

Jennifer Crumbley IS Ethan's biological mother. James Crumbley had a previous marriage to the mother of Ethan's older, half brother (18).

That half brother has been interviewed about the shooting and the family dynamic. He does not reside with the family, rather, he and Jennifer Crumbley apparently have some issues getting along, such that he returned to live with his own mother in FL a few years back.
Thank you for clarifying that. I misread, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trivialdrift