MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, shooting at Oxford High School, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t been following this because school shootings are just so traumatizing and upsetting, and I just can’t. :( But I just saw this about the parents. OMG no wonder this kid was so messed up! What is wrong with them? They just ditched their kid to save themselves when he’s sitting in jail for murdering several kids at his school??? With the gun they just bought him? Like someone else said…no words.
I feel the same way. It's just all so horrific.

I saw a youtube this kid put together, and cannot find it anymore.
He was putting together a vlog of some sort. He looked to be about 12 or 13 in it. No violence involved, just popular preteen gaming stuff etc....kid actually looked quite wholesome even.

I can't get over how he changed, even in appearance compared to the latest picture, and what he became at 15 and the horror he has inflicted.
I agree, these messed up parents messed him up big time too.

US Marshals are now looking for Ethan Crumbley's parents -- James and Jennifer. The fugitive apprehension team out of Detroit is on the case.

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1466898194202349573
That is alot of resources and expertise.

They seem to be in the broad middle of America that would make life on the run difficult:

- Presumably, little prior preparations.
- Not wealthy enough for effective over seas flight, little chance of large amounts of cash at the ready, or complex banking arrangements allowing for cash to be periodically drawn with out being traced.
- Not poor enough to have experience living in a network of homeless encampments where questions are probably not asked. Ditto for any deep wilderness experience. No off the grid cabin in Alaska's Brooks range etc.

So.... cut off their credit cards, freeze their bank accounts, inform Mexican authorities and my bet is that they surface pretty fast.

Just catching up now, this is crazy- cannot think off the top of my head of another case of a school shooting where the parents run away and their son,the alleged shooter, is still alive!
Admittedly jumped to similar suspicions, imo.

I just hope the parents aren't involved in some dangerous anti-government group.

They seem to be in the broad middle of America that would make life on the run difficult:

- Not wealthy enough for effective over seas flight, little chance of large amounts of cash at the ready, or complex banking arrangements allowing for cash to be periodically drawn with out being traced.
- Not poor enough to have experience living in a network of homeless encampments where questions are probably not asked. Ditto for any deep wilderness experience. No off the grid cabin in Alaska's Brooks range etc.

So.... cut off their credit cards, freeze their bank accounts, inform Mexican authorities and my bet is that they surface pretty fast.

I'm not too far across the border in Canada. This is one example of how Covid would make fleeing out of the country more difficult.
I can see it now; Canadian Border Agents: "Do you have your vaccine passport? Have you had a recent Covid test and have evidence of it?"

For the reasons you stated, I'm sure they will capture them soon.

They are close to the Canadian border if they left before a warrant out for their arrest.

@Allie_Elisabeth

McClaren Hospital where Oxford community is gathered to support the family of Justin Shillings, one of the four teens killed this week. Justin is an organ donor and the crowd is here so that when his body is moved for surgery his family can look down and see the love and support
Oh my goodness. I love this so much. Thanks to the Oxford community for enveloping this family with love and support.

My son was bullied by a kid who was abused at home by beatings, severe beatings.
Horrible and so sad & maddening to hear. Your poor son was the target, but it was certainly aimed at the wrong person. Some of what the bully did is somewhat understandable WRT to his being an abused child, his age, and his inability to cope and have perspective on what he was doing to your son. He probably had a lot of fear, anger, hurt, rage, poor self image, etc., and he struck out the only way he knew. In doing that, he perpetuated the same on others.

Hoping your son recovered in all ways -- physically, mentally, and was able to understand that he was not the real target. (Of course that doesn't make the bruises go away...) I imagine you were beside yourself -- angry, and wanting to scream at someone. He was your son.

When I hear about a bully, I immediately wonder about what is going on in the house of the bullier.

I'm not too far across the border in Canada. This is one example of how Covid would make fleeing out of the country more difficult.
I can see it now; Canadian Border Agents: "Do you have your vaccine passport? Have you had a recent Covid test and have evidence of it?"

What if they crossed before the warrant and had their vaccine papers & passports ready.
What if they left last night?

If they were smart they'd just turn themselves in immediately, and claim that "wires were crossed" or something.

Every minute they fail to do so, just makes things worse.

Someone posted earlier that Oxford, Michigan is close to the Canadian border.

I'm a bit confused by the charges. The child is charged as an adult, but now his parents are responsible for that "adult's" decisions? How does that work?

If he's charged as a child, then consider the role of the parents. Since he's charged as an adult, parents cannot be held accountable for their "adult" children's decisions.

Yeah it is confusing. But if he was 18 and everything happened exactly the same, they would also possibly face charges.

But it is possible to charge a minor as an adult due to the seriousness of the crime (per the law in MI), and also charge the parents for their actions in being more than grossly negligent when it came to allowing their troubled son to have access to a firearm, refusing to take him out of school after he made threats and instead of alerting authorities, or the school, making entreaties to their son, which shows consciousness of what he had intended to do, etc.

It’s like handing your car keys to a drunk. If they killed someone, it’s possible you could be charged as well.

ok, you are correct.
I thought I read in another article the family was raised, Christian. I'm getting my school shooters mixed up.
With so many, it is easy to do.
In this instance, she just praised former guy Trump for his awesome gun laws. So not a Christian thing. Just a gun thing.
I fully agree with your statement. I do not think a teen should own a gun especially a troubled one.
But, I thought we weren't allowed to discuss gun control on this forum.

Well, it would be like trying to ignore the fully armed and mentally unstable elephant in the room at this point. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX