Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #5

I’m not buying this party story at all. But if someone were motivated to create a misdirection, it would be smart to seek out someone with a YouTube channel & focused on this case. I don’t know what motivation Maserati lady has (or if someone is paying her perhaps), but I’m guessing she hit Dawn on the head because Dawn started to leave before she (Maserati lady) had divulged all the “info” she needed to divulge. A desperate act to try and keep Dawn from leaving. I think a someone is working very hard to put out alternative theories. I doubt those party pictures are even from the H&F.
I am thinking along these lines as well. Creating a diversion to the truth perhaps.

I've got multiple questions about this so-called explanation, but the one that's the least subjective is...if she was going to hang out for an extended time with other people, why bring Seven the dog?? I know the person delivering the story said she dropped the dog off with a dog-sitter, but that dog-sitter...was also at the H&F building?? She knows an additional person in this building, they're willing to watch her dog randomly, and they're not part of the friend group/don't want to join the get-together with Heidi? So they're not part of the same 'scene', but they're willing to follow along with the plan and let the dog loose in the building to idk, fuzz the narrative?

I just think it would make a whole lot more sense if she had dropped Seven off at home prior (if she was planning on staying in whoever's apartment for more than a couple minutes) or had left him in the car (if she was just planning on running in then out)

once I can justify this bit, I can move on to all the other questions I have here lol

I've got multiple questions about this so-called explanation, but the one that's the least subjective is...if she was going to hang out for an extended time with other people, why bring Seven the dog?? I know the person delivering the story said she dropped the dog off with a dog-sitter, but that dog-sitter...was also at the H&F building?? She knows an additional person in this building, they're willing to watch her dog randomly, and they're not part of the friend group/don't want to join the get-together with Heidi? So they're not part of the same 'scene', but they're willing to follow along with the plan and let the dog loose in the building to idk, fuzz the narrative?

I just think it would make a whole lot more sense if she had dropped Seven off at home prior (if she was planning on staying in whoever's apartment for more than a couple minutes) or had left him in the car (if she was just planning on running in then out)

once I can justify this bit, I can move on to all the other questions I have here lol

I agree it would be helpful to know more about the dog. That might help us understand a bit better what HP expected to happen that day/night.

The questions you raised are good ones. I'd also argue there are still lots of questions about how the dog was found. In particular, there are many published reports that seem to imply-- based on quotes from JW-- a dog's microchip works like a GPS device. And we know that's absolutely not true. I've been inclined to blame clueless reporters but maybe that was a mistake.

I wish we knew what HP usually did with Seven. I'd have left him at home myself if I thought I'd be going to a party BUT if she anticipated being away for many hours, did her apartment/house have a doggie door? If not, I wonder what she did with the dog on normal workdays? Did she have a regular dog walker/dog sitter? It makes zero sense IMO her regular dog walker/sitter could possibly live at the H&F given where HP lived.
JMO

Last edited:
...In particular, there are many published reports that seem to imply-- based on quotes from JW-- a dog's microchip works like a GPS device.
RSBM

I agree that knowing her usual routines with/without the dog would be useful. Visiting someone you don't know well, doesn't usually include bringing your dog.

WRT the snipped statement, my understanding from everything I've read is that the people who had the dog, told JW that they found Seven wandering on the same floor they live on. I recall that the potential scenario, that perhaps the finders had brought him home from somewhere outside the building, was distinctly denied. It was always the issue, that Heidi must have been inside that building.

There is not a good way to ask this, but I am sure I am not the only one here who is wondering. If remains are found in the landfill that are determined to be Heidi's, after two months of being buried among garbage, is there even enough left to test and confirm the presence of fentanyl, or to determine a cause of death?

There is not a good way to ask this, but I am sure I am not the only one here who is wondering. If remains are found in the landfill that are determined to be Heidi's, after two months of being buried among garbage, is there even enough left to test and confirm the presence of fentanyl, or to determine a cause of death?

police know exactly what happened…they just haven’t told anyone yet. If they needed info from public, they would ask.

police know exactly what happened…they just haven’t told anyone yet. If they needed info from public, they would ask.

I hope you are right, but without remains and the ability to confirm a cause of death, it would be far more difficult to make a case against someone that would stand up in court. JMO

We can sit here and pick apart all the lies Dawn said in her video. Or we can consider the simplest facts... it's been several days since Dawn was allegedly attacked by a woman who helped dispose of a body, along with several hotel employees, but there hasn't been a single arrest? Not even for the attack on Dawn? Disposing of a body is a crime. 5 people speaking about it is enough for an arrest.

"Four out of every 10 fentanyl-laced pills could contain a deadly dose." - wow, that is a horrible statistic....

DEA warns of increase in fake prescription pills laced with Fentanyl

Do most of you all believe this is really what happened or still up in the air? Do you think that it really was an OD and if so accidental or not? Or that this latest story is a diversion of some sort?

How would she or anyone know what could be in a pill? It’s not like they’re forensic scientists. There’s way too many holes in the story for me to say anything other than WHAT?
However I look at it all I see is that she must have been killed and disposed of by by 1-5 ruthless, cowardly psychos.

<modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped>

Dawn’s <modsnip> main source of the information in the article is from the mazarati owner, who is a building resident, and was at the party on the 40 th floor where she indicated Heidi collapsed.

Dawn runs into her etc and they are chatting that afternoon/evening ? inside the building about Heidi

Then it seems building management/workers get involved in the discussion and things get heated. Mgmt does not like the Maserati
owner dishing about what happened with Heidi that night

Things get physical - this is where I get confused - why is the Maserati lady hitting Dawn so hard that she gets a concussion?

Why is she mad Dawn is leaving the building ?
Seems out of place. She cozies up to her and spills the story and the whacks her when she tries to leave the building?

I will be interested to know as it unfolds who the Maserati lady is connected to and where that might lead

Also interested to know if the Maserati lady had any idea that Dawn was a you tube crime person

My opinion only, in a situation like this, everyone would be a potential YouTuber, and I'd treat them that way. But that's just me.

I agree it would be helpful to know more about the dog. That might help us understand a bit better what HP expected to happen that day/night.

The questions you raised are good ones. I'd also argue there are still lots of questions about how the dog was found. In particular, there are many published reports that seem to imply-- based on quotes from JW-- a dog's microchip works like a GPS device. And we know that's absolutely not true. I've been inclined to blame clueless reporters but maybe that was a mistake.

I wish we knew what HP usually did with Seven. I'd have left him at home myself if I thought I'd be going to a party BUT if she anticipated being away for many hours, did her apartment/house have a doggie door? If not, I wonder what she did with the dog on normal workdays? Did she have a regular dog walker/dog sitter? It makes zero sense IMO her regular dog walker/sitter could possibly live at the H&F given where HP lived.
JMO

But there are GPS devices that can be attached to a dog and used in a similar manner as a microchip.

I hope you are right, but without remains and the ability to confirm a cause of death, it would be far more difficult to make a case against someone that would stand up in court. JMO

My guess: LE may know, but not able to prove conclusively. Considering the financial and political ties involved (multiplied by the complexity of relationships and transactions), they want to have as much as they possibly can, all tied up and with bows on it!

But there are GPS devices that can be attached to a dog and used in a similar manner as a microchip.

True. There are GPS devices for dogs although I don't think they are used in a similar manner as microchips. And even if they were, it's never been reported Seven had a GPS collar device. Never. The device he had has always been referred to as a chip/microchip. And those are not tracking devices despite multiple reports saying JW used the chip to "track" the dog to the H&F over a week after HP was last seen at the game.

GPS collar devices tend to be heavy and tend to need very frequent battery replacements. Some need the rechargeable batteries rotated out daily. Some have batteries that last a couple of days. But all are very heavy battery-users. From what's been reported, JW didn't try to find Seven until after he got HP's phone from her house on the 21st. Then he said he waited until the 25th, 8 days after HP and the dog were last seen to listen to messages to see if there was one about Seven. There just no evidence there was a GPS device. But if there had been, the battery would have been long dead 8 days after HP was last seen. And how would a GPS device lead to a call to HP from the dog-finders? Or are we assuming Seven had a chip AND a GPS device?

Also, the range of GPS devices is not unlimited. Some are advertised to have long ranges--- and from what I can see, that means around 9 miles. The H&F is more than 9 miles from HP's home. (Usually the devices are set up with "safe zones" like one's home and backyard. An alarm sounds or a text msg is sent whenever the dog leaves those areas.)

What has been reported about finding the dog doesn't make any sense to me. As previously mentioned, it makes no sense to say JW "tracked" the dog by his chip. That couldn't happen.

It was also reported when JW said when he remembered Seven had a chip he found the relevant info and called the chip co (sometime around the 21st.) And at that time, 4 days after HP went missing, the company said the dog had been found by somebody, somewhere. That makes no sense. Reading the chip by scanner is a passive process and would not give any feedback to the company. Chips don't need batteries as they are briefly activated by the scanning device only long enough to provide a unique ID number. That number is then manually entered into the company's computerized database to get owner contact info. Maybe when the number is plugged into the database, a record is created? (That wouldn't prove the dog had been found but would prove the number had been entered.) But even after JW said the company claimed the dog had been found by somebody somewhere, and so he knew a dog finder would likely call HP, and he knew or certainly should have known a key to finding HP was finding the dog, JW didn't try to listen to messages on HP's phone for FOUR more days? Rather an incurious fellow, wasn't he?

And where did the dog-finder have Seven scanned on a Sunday night? (Reportedly the first msg was left on HP's phone that Sunday.) Was Seven also wearing an ID tag and that's how the finders got HP's number? If so, how/why did the chip company think the dog was found? I know if I found a dog with an ID tag on a collar, I'd call the number on the ID tag. If I didn't hear back after leaving messages, I certainly would not load the dog into my car after few days and drive him somewhere to be scanned for a chip. Even if the dog HAD a chip, why would I care? If the dog had an ID tag on his collar, I'd assume that info was up to date, or at least as up to date as any microchip database as those are notoriously wrong. People forget to update those. Out of sight, out of mind. And many chips that have been inserted into animals are never registered to any owner. (One study found only 58% of inserted chips were actually registered. Microchipping: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly | Trickum Ridge Animal Hospital)

So none of this makes sense to me.

The only way it makes sense is to assume JW isn't telling the truth about when and how the dog was found. He could have been asked by LE not to discuss how he found the dog. And I guess LE might have asked him to tell this made up a story about finding the dog (although I suspect he did that on his own as it's such a ridiculous story.) Or he could have his own reasons for not telling the truth about finding the dog.

JMO

There is no way LE has not known some of the facts in this case for weeks. It was a pretty simple scenario: HP went in the building with a dog and did not walk out, and dog was "found" by a resident. Garbage chute was a possibility from the get-go. So, if that's the case, why did LE take weeks to begin searching for HP in the garbage dump?

There is no way LE has not known some of the facts in this case for weeks. It was a pretty simple scenario: HP went in the building with a dog and did not walk out, and dog was "found" by a resident. Garbage chute was a possibility from the get-go. So, if that's the case, why did LE take weeks to begin searching for HP in the garbage dump?
It was a few days before she was reported missing, then LE would have to get probable cause to get a warrant for camera footage from the building, and then LE would have to review the footage to get a warrant to search the building. I'm just guessing with all this but that could take another couple of weeks.

True. There are GPS devices for dogs although I don't think they are used in a similar manner as microchips. And even if they were, it's never been reported Seven had a GPS collar device. Never. The device he had has always been referred to as a chip/microchip. And those are not tracking devices despite multiple reports saying JW used the chip to "track" the dog to the H&F over a week after HP was last seen at the game.

GPS collar devices tend to be heavy and tend to need very frequent battery replacements. Some need the rechargeable batteries rotated out daily. Some have batteries that last a couple of days. But all are very heavy battery-users. From what's been reported, JW didn't try to find Seven until after he got HP's phone from her house on the 21st. Then he said he waited until the 25th, 8 days after HP and the dog were last seen to listen to messages to see if there was one about Seven. There just no evidence there was a GPS device. But if there had been, the battery would have been long dead 8 days after HP was last seen. And how would a GPS device lead to a call to HP from the dog-finders? Or are we assuming Seven had a chip AND a GPS device?

Also, the range of GPS devices is not unlimited. Some are advertised to have long ranges--- and from what I can see, that means around 9 miles. The H&F is more than 9 miles from HP's home. (Usually the devices are set up with "safe zones" like one's home and backyard. An alarm sounds or a text msg is sent whenever the dog leaves those areas.)

What has been reported about finding the dog doesn't make any sense to me. As previously mentioned, it makes no sense to say JW "tracked" the dog by his chip. That couldn't happen.

It was also reported when JW said when he remembered Seven had a chip he found the relevant info and called the chip co (sometime around the 21st.) And at that time, 4 days after HP went missing, the company said the dog had been found by somebody, somewhere. That makes no sense. Reading the chip by scanner is a passive process and would not give any feedback to the company. Chips don't need batteries as they are briefly activated by the scanning device only long enough to provide a unique ID number. That number is then manually entered into the company's computerized database to get owner contact info. Maybe when the number is plugged into the database, a record is created? (That wouldn't prove the dog had been found but would prove the number had been entered.) But even after JW said the company claimed the dog had been found by somebody somewhere, and so he knew a dog finder would likely call HP, and he knew or certainly should have known a key to finding HP was finding the dog, JW didn't try to listen to messages on HP's phone for FOUR more days? Rather an incurious fellow, wasn't he?

And where did the dog-finder have Seven scanned on a Sunday night? (Reportedly the first msg was left on HP's phone that Sunday.) Was Seven also wearing an ID tag and that's how the finders got HP's number? If so, how/why did the chip company think the dog was found? I know if I found a dog with an ID tag on a collar, I'd call the number on the ID tag. If I didn't hear back after leaving messages, I certainly would not load the dog into my car after few days and drive him somewhere to be scanned for a chip. Even if the dog HAD a chip, why would I care? If the dog had an ID tag on his collar, I'd assume that info was up to date, or at least as up to date as any microchip database as those are notoriously wrong. People forget to update those. Out of sight, out of mind. And many chips that have been inserted into animals are never registered to any owner. (One study found only 58% of inserted chips were actually registered. Microchipping: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly | Trickum Ridge Animal Hospital)

So none of this makes sense to me.

The only way it makes sense is to assume JW isn't telling the truth about when and how the dog was found. He could have been asked by LE not to discuss how he found the dog. And I guess LE might have asked him to tell this made up a story about finding the dog (although I suspect he did that on his own as it's such a ridiculous story.) Or he could have his own reasons for not telling the truth about finding the dog.

JMO

I just use an Apple Airtag on my dog's collar. Battery lasts about 1 year, its a little bigger than a quarter, and it locates the pet using anyone's iphone in vicinity of the tag. It doesn't work well for locating a pet in a rural area or in the woods but it would work great at locating a dog in a apartment building.

JW may not have been familiar with the technology - the name or how to use the software - and that's why he didn't explain it well and took him a few days to realize its usefulness.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Protocol136
Back