>> 1958-1967.. i know anna waters was born in 1967.. it has probably
>> been checked before, but just in case it hasn't here is the case #
>> 1vfny. i am probably way off. and totally wrong, but i thought it
>> wouldn't hurt to take a look. hopefully one day her family will have
>> some sort of closure. i could absolutley not imagine if one of my
>> children were missing, that has to be the hardest thing to live
>> through.
>> sydnei mcgowan

Thank you Sydnei for submitting this tip to Jeana. I believe this is the same young girl that a relative of Annasmom also suggested. I don't remember the exact reason this girl was ruled out. And thank you Jeana for forwarding this tip from interested parties reading the forum.

Is this Caledonia Jane Doe?

Caledonia UID is the only female listed in NY for 1979. You originally said she was ruled out, but Annasmom couldn't remember how. She matches Anna very well IMO. I have written and called NYPD several times over the last few months, and no one can verify if her DNA has been entered into CODIS.

Every e-mail comes back with this:

Re: UID # CR 138159 Caledonia, NY
NYSVICAP@troopers.state.ny.us
Lori, we will forward your information to the investigating agency. Thank you for your interest. Inv. Kim Law, NYS ViCAP

Caledonia UID is the only female listed in NY for 1979. You originally said she was ruled out, but Annasmom couldn't remember how. She matches Anna very well IMO. I have written and called NYPD several times over the last few months, and no one can verify if her DNA has been entered into CODIS.

Every e-mail comes back with this:

Re: UID # CR 138159 Caledonia, NY
NYSVICAP@troopers.state.ny.us
Lori, we will forward your information to the investigating agency. Thank you for your interest. Inv. Kim Law, NYS ViCAP
I don't remember the details, but this poor girl was ascertained to be Hispanic and one guess was that she may have been a migrant farmworker, or the child of one. At any rate, she was definitely ruled out. There are earlier posts on the forum. Thanks for the post, however. We need to look everywhere we can.

This week SherlockJr posted pages of a pocket calendar GW used in spring of 1970. There has been a lively response by the Forum to a number of questions raised by the notes in this day book. Cubby reviewed hundreds of search engine listings with Anna's name and found no unauthorized sites. I still have had no answers to four letters sent out for the second time regarding permissions to reprint. Without permissions, we might have to revise the manuscript to omit the Chronicle and Half Moon Review articles and two other quotes from copyrighted material. Also, no answers to my letters about Interpol and passports. June Morrall (halfmoonbaymemories.com) has put Anna's picture and two stories in her blog.

WebSleuth members posted greetings for Anna's 40th birthday September 25, and a birthday surprise engineered by Nancy, Sherlock and AnnasUnc was the news that Anna will be included in a television broadcast the week of Nov. 5. The link for finding times of the broadcast (mostly at late night/eary morning hours) is http://www.usamissing.com/findus.htm#S. AnnasUnc updated the Press section of www.searchingforanna.com with background, photographs and biographical material. Members who posted on the forum this week, mostly about information in the Box From Hell, were Rhett, Cubby, smile22, DrDoogie, AnnasUnc, MagicRose 99, GraceBlue, InterestedWoman, SherlockJr, Dellemma, Gina_M, laini, drema and tinytown.

AnnasUnc and I are working on the timeline from 1973 to the present for www.searchingforanna.com. June Morrall has posted another bit about Anna with pictures on her web site. Doogie and SherlockJr are following up on two suggestions made through their MySpace sites, and two individuals have contributed to the Lulu fund. Doogie is making headway on the last part of the manuscript. We hope to have everything in place before Jan. 16, so I am reminding you to write to Oprah if you have not already done so. Posting on the Forum this week were Cubby, smile22, GraceBlue, AnnasUnc, MagicRose99 and DrDoogie.

What is the LuLu fund?

It is a fund established to cover the start-up expenses for publishing the book. There are fees to get an ISBN number, plus expenses to be involved in a marketing package that will get us listed with Amazon.com. Lulu is the name of the publishing company.

We have pretty much all the funds we will need to get this started. The donors have been family members and close friends - Annasmom has insisted since the beginning of our internet search that no solicitation of funds in Anna's name occur. When these kind folks heard of the need, they volunteered the funds.

Would you please repost the info for writing to Oprah? Or direct me to the thread with the info.
Thanks.

Would you please repost the info for writing to Oprah? Or direct me to the thread with the info.
Thanks.

AnnasUnc posted this on Sept. 25:
I worked in TV news for 25 years, and while organized letter writing campaigns usually had very little effect on our news coverage, I'd like to make a suggestion here. Oprah's producers solicit show suggestions on her Web site, and if you think Anna's case and the Websleuths efforts would make a good program for her (understandably, their primary concern), you can let the show producers know that by going to the Web site (www.oprah.com, then to the box that says "Be on the Show -- Share Your Story," and then the column "Regular Features -- We Want Your Show Idea"). You'll have 2000 characters to make your case. It's important that they don't get a lot of similarly-worded e-mails, so I'd suggest the following:

1. How and why has Anna's case touched you? You might want to mention what it is in your background that brought you to this forum.
2. If you want to mention how you've contributed to the search and this forum, that would help your letter stand out as an individual and sincere contribution, and not just a part of an organized campaign.
3. It's OK to mention Websleuths "Anna Christian Waters" forum, the searchingforanna.com Web site, that today is Anna's 40th birthday, and that two good dates for such a program are the 35th anniversary of Anna's disappearance (Jan. 16, 2008) and the 25th anniversary of President Reagan's proclamation of National Missing Children's Day (May 25, 2008).

Thanks for listening.

You can also e-mail Nancy Grace and Dateline. according to their websites, they are both looking for new show ideas. I think it would be wonderful to get Anna's story on the air withany of the above mentioned shows,especially Dateline.

Just some thoughts,

SherlockJr has ordered bumper stickers which Forum members may obtain free by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to Annasmom. We'll post the address when the stickers arrive. We have had feedback, some of it from Europe, to MySpace and YouTube sites about Anna. AnnasUnc is expanding the Press information on www.searchingforanna.com. Members posting this week included Gina_M, browneyedgirl, raindrops300, Dr.Doogie, iNTERESTEDWOMAN, InterestedNHelping, smile22,SherlockJr and GraceBlue.

I sent an e-mail to the Nancy Grace and Dateline shows. How about also sending one to 48 hours mystery?

How about also sending one to 48 hours mystery?

48HM only does shows on cases that have been solved. Without going into too many details, they are aware of Anna's case. When we solve the case, they will be a good one to approach.

I am all for contacting the Oprah show with the details of what we have personally done on this case and what others have also done.

It is now time to call the world' attention to this little girl that has slipped though everyone's fingers.

We can and will bring her back.

I hope Oprah will require extra staff to read the letters from us!

We and little Anna (yes, we are aware that she probably is not little now).
need so much help as it seems that for every few strides we make in a positive direction, we are turned into a different and incorrect direction. There are even some people that could easily help us at this poiunt, but have refused to do so.

I sent one into Oprah. One thing I didn't do because I didn't have the link handy was to send in the link to the slide show. IMO, it would be a good idea to do so. It is one thing to read the story- but pictures just seem to make it more real.

I sent one into Oprah. One thing I didn't do because I didn't have the link handy was to send in the link to the slide show. IMO, it would be a good idea to do so. It is one thing to read the story- but pictures just seem to make it more real.

That's a great idea, or maybe link them to the official website http://www.searchingforanna.com/ since that has a summary of all the relevant links and info. I want to type something up for Oprah too...I'll try to make time for that this week.

48HM only does shows on cases that have been solved. Without going into too many details, they are aware of Anna's case. When we solve the case, they will be a good one to approach.

Thanks, Dr.Doogie -:blowkiss: I wasn't aware of that. I wish they would do an up to date version of Unsolved Mysteries. I would love to get Anna's case, as well as the murder of my uncle, which to date has never been investigated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname