SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murdaugh’s Alleged Co-Conspirators Expected To Be Indicted Soon, Sources Say

On the same day FITSNews exclusively reported the bombshell news that direct physical evidence linked AlexMurdaugh to the murders of his wife and son, multiple sources close to the ongoing investigations into his alleged financial crimes have told us that more indictments are imminent and that they will likely include some of Murdaugh’s alleged co-conspirators.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/01/05...ors-expected-to-be-indicted-soon-sources-say/

Wow, informative article....
I just hope you and others will keep trying to post details from the FITS articles. I guess I have "three more" since it is the new year.....

I think we found out that we could not get to the fits articles through the incognito window??? Hopefully others will provide clarity on how to get to the articles without a subscription..

Wow, informative article....
I just hope you and others will keep trying to post details from the FITS articles. I guess I have "three more" since it is the new year.....

I think we found out that we could not get to the fits articles through the incognito window??? Hopefully others will provide clarity on how to get to the articles without a subscription..

Not sure what to tell you. I google Fitsnews. I am not connected to wifi and have javascript off, and I get it all the time.

Alex Murdaugh's attorneys file another motion to spring him from jail

In their most recent filing, they argue the $7 million bond set by Judge Alison Lee last month is "tantamount to no bond at all." They cited an email from a law firm controlling Murdaugh's finances that showed the attorney has less than $10,000 in his two accounts at Hampton's Palmetto State Bank.

Jmo he’ll leave if he gets out.

For our newcomers: There are podcasts on this case.

If you can’t get behind the paywall and want the FN story firsthand, FitsNews podcasts are often a very good summary of their articles. One of the most recent, #25: Taking on the Firm, had Mr. Bamberg as a guest and he discussed all this with Mandy. MOO.

<modsnip>

Happy listening!

Another great podcast is Impact of Influence: The Murdaugh Family Murders.
‎The Murdaugh Family Murders: Impact of Influence on Apple Podcasts
They have some great guests who they interview on legal issues, Murdaugh family history, etc. I really enjoy it.

When considering the “Paul heard shots, grabbed a shotgun and raced to investigate” scenario, I always pictured him catching Dad in the act. It just occured to me it would take Paul at least a moment to arrive after hearing the gunshot so it’s highly unlikely he witnessed AM in the act. Plus dear old Dad probably heard him coming. Snake that Alex is, I can see him hiding his gun, acting like someone else shot MM and saying to Paul “he’s still out there. Quick, give me the gun!”. Unless Paul suspected Dad wanted to murder Mom it would be natural for him to comply.

AM would immediately realize he was in a pickle if he couldn’t pretend to be visiting ailing parents across town, and once Paul saw him there he was busted. So as usual Alex did what was in the best interest of Alex.

What if Alex laid in wait for Maggie, his intended target, killed her with the AR that is missing from the Murdaugh’s cache, and raced to Varnville to establish his alibi. Then ole cousin Eddie showed up to do the “odd job” of cleaning up and staging the scene, only to unexpectedly encounter Paul. MOO

In their most recent filing, they argue the $7 million bond set by Judge Alison Lee last month is "tantamount to no bond at all." They cited an email from a law firm controlling Murdaugh's finances that showed the attorney has less than $10,000 in his two accounts at Hampton's Palmetto State Bank.

Jmo he’ll leave if he gets out.
Agreed he'd run, but I doubt if he'll be able to make bond. Didn't we discuss earlier at one time who, if anyone, would put it up?? Maybe dear brother JM? I think everyone is trying to distance themselves from ole' Alex, unless he's got some really good dirt on someone. ;)

If MM was staying at Edisto and PM had recently got out of school he was probably with her. I would think they were aware of AM being with his dad and went to feed dogs, together.

There were 2 vehicles towed SUV AM’s? Silverado truck PM’s. MM’s bmw at Edisto.

Did AM know they would be there? Idk if they were having problems was MM involved in the Beach mediations? Did she go in the house and find paperwork that showed him lying about money? Idk did she find a check to CS? Idk

Just for amusement anybody want to guess when AM will be indicted for murder and if he was alone? Or if CS or other name were involved? I’ll
say I think AM & CS were the perpetrators and in 3 months or less some indictment will take place. MOO

Just for amusement anybody want to guess when AM will be indicted for murder and if he was alone? Or if CS or other name were involved? I’ll
say I think AM & CS were the perpetrators and in 3 months or less some indictment will take place. MOO

Just for amusement

1 month, he will be indicted for murder.

Jmo

He was cutting checks to CS well before the murders, so at this point I’m leaving CS out.

Jmo

Agreed he'd run, but I doubt if he'll be able to make bond. Didn't we discuss earlier at one time who, if anyone, would put it up?? Maybe dear brother JM? I think everyone is trying to distance themselves from ole' Alex, unless he's got some really good dirt on someone. ;)
I think if it really looks like he might be posting bail odds are good he’ll be slapped w/conspiracy to commit murder charges before jail discharge ever hands him that envelope of personal items relinquished at intake. JMO

MOD CLARIFICATION:

FITSNEWS and The Island Packet ARE APPROVED sources for this case.
“Murdaugh Murders Podcast” by Mandy Matney and “Impact of Influence - The Murdaugh Family Murders” ARE APPROVED podcasts for this case.

This info will be added to the opening post of this case so that it can be referenced when needed. Please do not post any other podcasts or any other small new outlet stories UNLESS YOU HAVE GOTTEN PRIOR APPROVAL FROM A MOD OR ADMINISTRATOR.

We appreciate your efforts to follow the specific directions from Websleuths for this case.

The alleged scheme is incredibly complex and so far has involved his longtime friend, Beaufort attorney Cory Fleming, as well as at least two high-level employees of Palmetto State Bank (PSB), including bank Vice President Chad Westendorf and the bank’s CEO, Russell Laffitte, sources told FITSNews on Wednesday morning.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/01/05...ors-expected-to-be-indicted-soon-sources-say/

Laffitte — like Murdaugh — is a member of a powerful Hampton County family that has, for four generations, loomed large in the community. Murdaugh’s great-grandfather founded PMPED; Laffitte’s family founded PSB.

According to multiple sources, Laffitte was placed on administrative leave by the bank’s board of directors Tuesday. Westendorf remains an employee of PSB. The board of directors is composed mostly of members of the Laffitte family.

Both Laffitte and Westendorf have served as paid personal representatives for the plaintiffs in wrongful death cases tied to Murdaugh and Fleming.

Multiple sources have told FITSNews that Laffitte and Palmetto State Bank are connected to several more cases involving Murdaugh.

So the CEO of the bank, who happens to be a member of the bank's founding family that's still highly connected to the institution, is removed but not the Vice President of the bank? That seems a bit backwards.

Tomorrow morning arrest? We can only hope.
I think this was in regards to a new judge entering the picture. Poor Alex now has cases handled by 3 different judges.

With AM on ice for the time being, it's not like there's a rush to file murder charges. Judging by Fits News report the other day, we may be getting very close though.

I can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member