SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
This podcast offers a different perspective on Murdaughs and family dynamics:

Who Was Maggie Murdaugh and What About Buster? | FitsNEWS Podcast #30, 1 Feb 2022

Questions [answered] about the Murdaugh’s family history … Who Maggie was... Who Buster is... What was in Paul’s criminal past? What was in Alex’s criminal past?

How did these people with so much wealth, power and privilege become the family in the center of a snowballing crime ring?

Can anyone point me to info about the victim with the 'unplugged ventilator'??
I'm curious about if the alarms were disabled (obv they were) and I particularly want to know the type of vent in use.

I'm curious about if the alarms were disabled (obv they were) and I particularly want to know the type of vent in use.
I don’t recall reading many details about the circumstances around the ventilator failure on this site. That victim has been discussed but I don’t think we’ve had access to documents that would give details like that (alarm), patient’s recent visitors, potential causes why being unplugged, time of day, etc.

I might be wrong — if so I hope some can provide deposition docs or the like. JMO.

Go to page 47 for a post #921 / discussion about this victim “Hakeem”:

EllyMae had posted:
After being released from the ICU at MUSC months after the accident, Hakeem was placed into Pruitt Health North Augusta, a long-term care facility at which he was making strides to regain some function. His mother noted that six months before passing away, he was conscious, could communicate and could breath on his own for short periods of time.

There was hope for Hakeem until the ventilator was unplugged mind you not turned off. I’m surprized AM didn’t file lawsuit over that.

SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

This *is* interesting (bolded below):

Murdaugh Murders Saga: Don’t Forget About The Judges | FitsNews, 2 Feb. 2022

<snipped> … Speculation has also swirled about the extent to which other members of Murdaugh’s powerful family and once-prestigious law firm were involved in (or aware of) various aspects of the maze of alleged criminality.

After all, if Alex Murdaugh had help in orchestrating alleged settlement scams … who is to say he didn’t have help in his other nefarious endeavors?

For example, are we really to believe no one at the erstwhile influential Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth and Detrick (PMPED) law firm had any idea about Murdaugh’s alleged extracurriculars?

If not, then why is the statewide grand jury reportedly interviewing firm employees about what they knew … and when?

And what of the phone calls Murdaugh is said to have placed from the Moselle crime scene prior to calling 9-1-1 after ostensibly “discovering” the bodies of his wife and son on that fateful spring evening last June? [BBM] … <snipped>

- - - - -
Have we ever heard about these phone calls before?

<snipped> … Speculation has also swirled about the extent to which other members of Murdaugh’s powerful family and once-prestigious law firm were involved in (or aware of) various aspects of the maze of alleged criminality.

After all, if Alex Murdaugh had help in orchestrating alleged settlement scams … who is to say he didn’t have help in his other nefarious endeavors?

For example, are we really to believe no one at the erstwhile influential Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth and Detrick (PMPED) law firm had any idea about Murdaugh’s alleged extracurriculars?

If not, then why is the statewide grand jury reportedly interviewing firm employees about what they knew … and when?

And what of the phone calls Murdaugh is said to have placed from the Moselle crime scene prior to calling 9-1-1 after ostensibly “discovering” the bodies of his wife and son on that fateful spring evening last June? [BBM] … <snipped>

- - - - -

I don’t recall hearing about any other phone calls either. Interesting is right! Would luv to hear about those…..

- - - - -

First for me.

- - - - -

I DO think we heard of an initial phone call... have not found it yet....
will try to find.

As of Jan. 31, Murdaugh is facing 71 criminal charges from S.C. State Grand Jury indictments in November, December and January, following three initial charges from local indictments by a Hampton County Grand Jury.

If the maximum prison sentences for all of Murdaugh's criminal charges were added consecutively, it would equal more than seven centuries of incarceration, if he were found guilty of all charges.

"This would be a grand total of 74 counts for a maximum potential term of incarceration of 731 years, notwithstanding potential sentencing enhancements," said Robert Kittle, spokesperson for the South Carolina Attorney General's Office.

Alex Murdaugh's 74 criminal charges add up, in theory, to 731 years of incarceration

You know what a 731-year sentence for AM would be? Not. Long. Enough.

Not for the trailer of destruction he's left in his wake.

JMO

I thought this episode was really interesting.
The legal analyst is so adept at taking complicated issues and making them easy to understand. The estate planning angle he discusses is very intriguing. I also enjoyed the Hampton Co. historian who explains the history of the Palmetto State Bank.

‎The Murdaugh Family Murders: Impact of Influence on Apple Podcasts

- - - - -
No, never. Here's a senario...AM talks to a family member first (purposely not saying who). Coached on just how to act and then when to hang up from 911. AM does say to the 911 operator (paraphrasing), I'm going to hang up, I want to call my family members.

This just goes to show, there's MUCH we still don't know yet about that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz