SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
BREAKING: Judge Alison Lee ruled against Alex Murdaugh and his bulldog defense team, citing concerns about Murdaugh being a flight risk and a potential danger to himself and the community.
https://twitter.com/mandymatney/status/1483503479347945477?s=21
...a potential danger to himself and the community."
I'm thinking any community danger, as far as AM being able to make bad money deals and cheat more people is not the case. All his assets have been frozen by the courts. So what's the real danger to the community?

Maybe and hopefully it has to do with the direct and substantial connection (mentioned in FITSNews article) to his wife and son's murders?

I thought though that LE was already on the record as saying there was no ongoing threat to the community/"public" regarding the murders?

I sure hope an arrest for the murders of MM and PM are at hand soon. AJMO

I'm thinking any community danger, as far as AM being able to make bad money deals and cheat more people is not the case. All his assets have been frozen by the courts. So what's the real danger to the community?

Maybe and hopefully it has to do with the direct and substantial connection (mentioned in FITSNews article) to his wife and son's murders?

I thought though that LE was already on the record as saying there was no ongoing threat to the community/"public" regarding the murders?

He's demonstrated that he's a danger to both himself and the community, based on the staged shooting alone. It just shows the lengths this man is willing to go to throw off law enforcement, assuming that was not a genuine suicide attempt.

If it was a genuine suicide attempt, then that proves the danger to himself.

So either way.

I think it's all but guaranteed that Alex will never be a free man ever again, and that's not including the almost certain murder charges.

Personally I think he’s mostly a flight risk. Probably got tons of money stashed offshore. He’s be gone in the blink of an eye.
I also wonder if the judge was privy to some information we don’t have, meaning the info tying him to the murders.

Personally I think he’s mostly a flight risk. Probably got tons of money stashed offshore. He’s be gone in the blink of an eye.
I also wonder if the judge was privy to some information we don’t have, meaning the info tying him to the murders.
I agree, so I suppose in the event of a flight he could be a danger to the community in trying to flee.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/01/18/judge-denies-alex-murdaughs-motion-for-bond-reduction/

<snipped>

Screen-Shot-2022-01-10-at-2.00.19-PM.png

<snipped>

Looks like Alex has new scrapes on his hand. He also appears stunned? JMO.

I’ve been thinking about all those islands that AM owns — undeveloped and only accessible by boat. Perfect place for off loading contraband and hiding/burying stuff. Why else do you buy islands on which you can’t farm or build? Although, I guess they might be good for hunting? But how many do you need for hunting when you have Moselle?

I’m also feeling like all these events and people add up to a maze of professional bad guys — decades old and multifaceted, organized crime. JMO. We will have to see.

MOO. MOO.

speaking AM's assets"

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/01/19/how-broke-is-alex-murdaugh-receiver-testimony-gives-clues/

As Alex Murdaugh‘s victims have come forward seeking restitution, his ability to make them whole has come under increasing scrutiny. In November, attorney John T. Lay Jr. and former U.S. attorney Peter McCoy were appointed by S.C. circuit court judge Daniel Hall as Alex Murdaugh’s receivers (i.e. the people in charge of his assets while he remains the focus of multiple criminal inquiries and civil suits).

Just four days into their receivership, Lay and McCoy moved to block Murdaugh’s attempts to allow friends and family to sue him to recover his assets before his victims.

The alleged financial shenanigans associated with Murdaugh haven’t stoped there. Attorneys representing John Marvin Murdaugh, the personal representative of Maggie Murdaugh’s estate, have argued that they should be allowed to sell Moselle – the site of the infamous double homicide – to pay the more than two million dollar mortgage owed to Palmetto State Bank.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/01/19...mother-devastated-by-alex-murdaughs-betrayal/

Ten years after her 21-year-old son Hakeem Pinckney suddenly died, his mother Pamela Pinckney is dealing with another stage of grief she never anticipated — betrayal.

In the last month, Pamela Pinckney has been made aware that her former attorney Alex Murdaugh allegedly stole nearly $1 million from her family during the worst time of her life. She spoke with FITSNews about how devastated she was to learn that her attorney — someone she trusted to handle both her son Hakeem’s car accident case and his wrongful death case — stole from her family when they knew how much Hakeem suffered.

“The way I feel now is like when my son just passed away and I’m just going through the motions all over again. That’s just how deep the pain is,” Pamela said. “But it’s two times harder, because I’m going through it a second phase again. I never thought I would have to relive this again.”

Attorney Justin Bamberg, who is representing at least eight victims Alex Murdaugh allegedly stole from, has been peeling back the layers in the Pinckney case since he was hired as their attorney in December.

In 2009, Pamela Pinckney and her son were in a horrific car accident that left them both with catastrophic injuries. Her son, Hakeem Pinckney, a deaf man who was a recognized athlete at the South Carolina School for the Deaf and Blind, suffered atrocious injuries in the crash that paralyzed him from the neck down and made him dependent on a ventilator.

Hakeem’s mother hired PMPED attorney Lee Cope to handle a wrongful death claim against Pruitt Health-North Augusta on her behalf.

Alex Murdaugh appeared to be involved in the wrongful death lawsuit, according to documents obtained by FITSNews. The documents show that Alex’s office staff prepared all the requests for documentation and did it in his name, not Lee’s name.

Pamela Pinckney told FITSNews that she filed the lawsuit not to get money, but to get answers for her son’s death. She never got that.

“Up until this day, they have never really told me what happened to my son,” Pinckney said.

While the order approving the wrongful death settlement was signed in 2016, it was filed only last week in the Aiken County public index after Bamberg began asking questions about the case.

It’s a shame. Everyday I pop in here and I read more and more horror stories from victims of AM. However. I feel the court system will make this man pay bc I feel the “right” and “honest” lawyers aren’t backing down. Proud someone stepped up and I feel justice will finally be served on these cases.

However, this also brings me back to what happened at 9-9:30PM (or so they say) on June 7, 2021. A wife and son were brutally murdered (execution style). How is there not info on this?? This was a MONDAY night. I don’t know about the rest of y’all, but most Monday nights my A Double S sits at home. Even the day picked sticks out to me. It’s like the “mastermind” picked the day where he knew “nothing “ was happening in the small town of Hampton. It’s so strange to me. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member