SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex Murdaugh will stay in jail for the foreseeable future. State Judge Alison Lee on Tuesday denied a motion by Murdaugh’s attorneys to sharply reduce Murdaugh’s bond from the current $7 million. “After considering all of the information provided, this Court finds that the current bond is reasonable to assure his appearance in court as defendant remains a flight risk and potential danger to himself and community,” wrote Judge Alison Renee Lee.

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article257340657.html#storylink=cpy
I had missed this earlier- and am stunned in the vid clip of bond hearing, that Harpohooligan, Esq. referred to listening to Alex's victims as - "I've heard them before. It's the same old song". Wow, these nasty birds flock together.

I seriously doubt the sincerity of whether they really want those murders solved.

Of course not, as we all know which way the wind is blowing. When and if that day does come, we'll hear something along the lines of "witch hunt," and "tunnel vision."

Yea it'll have a lot to do with jury selection. All they need is one. They'll hang juries from now till doomsday.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/01/19...mother-devastated-by-alex-murdaughs-betrayal/

Ten years after her 21-year-old son Hakeem Pinckney suddenly died, his mother Pamela Pinckney is dealing with another stage of grief she never anticipated — betrayal.

In the last month, Pamela Pinckney has been made aware that her former attorney Alex Murdaugh allegedly stole nearly $1 million from her family during the worst time of her life. She spoke with FITSNews about how devastated she was to learn that her attorney — someone she trusted to handle both her son Hakeem’s car accident case and his wrongful death case — stole from her family when they knew how much Hakeem suffered.

“The way I feel now is like when my son just passed away and I’m just going through the motions all over again. That’s just how deep the pain is,” Pamela said. “But it’s two times harder, because I’m going through it a second phase again. I never thought I would have to relive this again.”

Attorney Justin Bamberg, who is representing at least eight victims Alex Murdaugh allegedly stole from, has been peeling back the layers in the Pinckney case since he was hired as their attorney in December.

In 2009, Pamela Pinckney and her son were in a horrific car accident that left them both with catastrophic injuries. Her son, Hakeem Pinckney, a deaf man who was a recognized athlete at the South Carolina School for the Deaf and Blind, suffered atrocious injuries in the crash that paralyzed him from the neck down and made him dependent on a ventilator.

Hakeem’s mother hired PMPED attorney Lee Cope to handle a wrongful death claim against Pruitt Health-North Augusta on her behalf.

Alex Murdaugh appeared to be involved in the wrongful death lawsuit, according to documents obtained by FITSNews. The documents show that Alex’s office staff prepared all the requests for documentation and did it in his name, not Lee’s name.

Pamela Pinckney told FITSNews that she filed the lawsuit not to get money, but to get answers for her son’s death. She never got that.

“Up until this day, they have never really told me what happened to my son,” Pinckney said.

While the order approving the wrongful death settlement was signed in 2016, it was filed only last week in the Aiken County public index after Bamberg began asking questions about the case.
OMG this is just atrocious behavior. There's a private Hell waiting on a lot of people associated with PMPED. AJMO

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/01/19...mother-devastated-by-alex-murdaughs-betrayal/

Ten years after her 21-year-old son Hakeem Pinckney suddenly died, his mother Pamela Pinckney is dealing with another stage of grief she never anticipated — betrayal.

In the last month, Pamela Pinckney has been made aware that her former attorney Alex Murdaugh allegedly stole nearly $1 million from her family during the worst time of her life. She spoke with FITSNews about how devastated she was to learn that her attorney — someone she trusted to handle both her son Hakeem’s car accident case and his wrongful death case — stole from her family when they knew how much Hakeem suffered.

“The way I feel now is like when my son just passed away and I’m just going through the motions all over again. That’s just how deep the pain is,” Pamela said. “But it’s two times harder, because I’m going through it a second phase again. I never thought I would have to relive this again.”

Attorney Justin Bamberg, who is representing at least eight victims Alex Murdaugh allegedly stole from, has been peeling back the layers in the Pinckney case since he was hired as their attorney in December.

In 2009, Pamela Pinckney and her son were in a horrific car accident that left them both with catastrophic injuries. Her son, Hakeem Pinckney, a deaf man who was a recognized athlete at the South Carolina School for the Deaf and Blind, suffered atrocious injuries in the crash that paralyzed him from the neck down and made him dependent on a ventilator.

Hakeem’s mother hired PMPED attorney Lee Cope to handle a wrongful death claim against Pruitt Health-North Augusta on her behalf.

Alex Murdaugh appeared to be involved in the wrongful death lawsuit, according to documents obtained by FITSNews. The documents show that Alex’s office staff prepared all the requests for documentation and did it in his name, not Lee’s name.

Pamela Pinckney told FITSNews that she filed the lawsuit not to get money, but to get answers for her son’s death. She never got that.

“Up until this day, they have never really told me what happened to my son,” Pinckney said.

While the order approving the wrongful death settlement was signed in 2016, it was filed only last week in the Aiken County public index after Bamberg began asking questions about the case.

This is what broke my heart from that link.

After being released from the ICU at MUSC months after the accident, Hakeem was placed into Pruitt Health North Augusta, a long-term care facility at which he was making strides to regain some function. His mother noted that six months before passing away, he was conscious, could communicate and could breath on his own for short periods of time.

There was hope for Hakeem until the ventilator was unplugged mind you not turned off. I’m surprized AM didn’t file lawsuit over that.

Jmo

After being released from the ICU at MUSC months after the accident, Hakeem was placed into Pruitt Health North Augusta, a long-term care facility at which he was making strides to regain some function. His mother noted that six months before passing away, he was conscious, could communicate and could breath on his own for short periods of time.

There was hope for Hakeem until the ventilator was unplugged mind you not turned off. I’m surprized AM didn’t file lawsuit over that.

Jmo

Between this and Gloria's death in the hospital, I have to wonder if Hakeem and Gloria received any visits by their attorney or any of his friends or relatives the day of their deaths. I put nothing, and I mean nothing, past this man and his insatiable greed.

Alex Murdaugh Faces Slew Of New Charges From Hakeem Pinckney Case And Others

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/01/21...charges-from-hakeem-pinckney-case-and-others/

One of the indictments replaces a November indictment, adding a Breach of Trust charge to Murdaugh’s total count.

Add another $2,657,016 to the amount Murdaugh is accused of stealing from clients and his law firm, bringing the total from $6.2 million to more than $8.8 million.

Sources told FITSNews this week that inclement weather in the Upstate and other factors affected the number of cases the state grand jury was able to consider this week. More indictments against Murdaugh and his alleged co-conspirators are expected in the coming months.

This is at least the third time the state grand jury has met to review cases involving Murdaugh.

Murdaugh now faces:

32 counts of breach of trust with fraudulent Intent
19 counts of computer crimes
11 counts of money laundering
7 counts of obtaining signature or property by false pretenses
2 counts of forgery
As well as 1 count each of insurance fraud, conspiracy to commit insurance fraud and filling a false police report for a Labor Day weekend roadside “shooting incident.”

Around this same time, Murdaugh allegedly had another check — this time for $151,726.05 — made out to Palmetto State Bank from the client trust account. He allegedly deposited that money into “a conservator’s account for a different person from which Murdaugh had previously been allowed to borrow money.”

In September 2013, Murdaugh allegedly did this same thing with $33,789.83 of Badger’s money, again depositing it into a conservatorship account for another person.

The next month he allegedly had a check for $101,369.49 from Badger’s money made out to Palmetto State Bank and used that money to purchase money orders “payable to the conservatorship of another person and a family member.”

A few weeks later he allegedly did the same thing in the same amount but this time deposited the money into the conservator’s account for a different person and used the money to pay personal debts.

Jmo
AM built his wealth on the suffering and death of the less fortunate. I wonder how many deaths he is directly responsible for.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/01/21...charges-from-hakeem-pinckney-case-and-others/
From today's published link, just pulling out a few more points of interest:

The new indictments:
  • Bring Murdaugh’s total charges to 74.
*Before Thursday, Murdaugh was facing 51 charges related to multiple complex financial schemes, including a purported murder-for-hire insurance scam and the alleged theft and laundering of more than $6.2 million in client settlement funds, including millions from the family of the woman who helped raise his children.

Murdaugh is also the only publicly named person of interest in the June 2021 murders of his wife, Maggie, and son, Paul. As FITSNews exclusively reported two weeks ago, direct physical evidence puts Murdaugh at the scene at the time of the homicides.

From above: "Murdaugh is also the only publicly named person of interest in the June 2021 murders of his wife, Maggie, and son, Paul..."

My opinion: I continue to believe that Maggie was a murder for hire by AM. Paul's murder may not have been part of the plan. He could have been an unintended target, in wrong place, wrong time. This really stumps me. I hope the investigative team is working as diligently on the murders of Maggie and Paul as on AM's associated financial and conspiracy crimes.

From above: "Murdaugh is also the only publicly named person of interest in the June 2021 murders of his wife, Maggie, and son, Paul..."

My opinion: I continue to believe that Maggie was a murder for hire by AM. Paul's murder may not have been part of the plan. He could have been an unintended target, in wrong place, wrong time. This really stumps me. I hope the investigative team is working as diligently on the murders of Maggie and Paul as on AM's associated financial and conspiracy crimes.

I think they were both murder for hire. AM was going to be exposed bc of PM’s case whether MM was around or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member