Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure BM thought, who would question my information when I have all of the answers? He tried to make this verrry easy for LE.

Thankfully, they didn't fall for any of it.

JMO
BM is most comfortable discussing Barry's work or hunting. I think even before BM pulled up in the dark MST hours to the staged bike site, he'd already tested and planted the "lion got her" seed with his primary audience in Indiana - EST.

Long before any news of SM missing broke here or even around the Salida area, we learned that Indiana church members were praying for one of their own that was allegedly taken off a bike trail by a mountain lion! I wonder if the email prayer chain ever came in to evidence?

I think BM's panic set in when Chaffee County, Colorado wasn't buying it. There was no plan b so nephew TN had to create one-- and quick! MOO

ETA: Imagine two days later the County Sheriff goes on national TV and denounces the lion theory!

Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze told CBS4 that authorities have not ruled out the possibility of a criminal element in the 49-year-old woman’s disappearance, and said investigators believe it is unlikely she was attacked by animals. He said the investigation remains active.

CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

CrimeOnline is working to verify unconfirmed reports about recent email messages that were sent to members of a church the Morphews had attended when they lived in Indiana. According to a source, these messages, sent in the first days following her disappearance, led the recipients to believe, initially, that Suzanne had been attacked by an animal.

CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Last edited:
I know I would have been calling out for my husband. I would have asked the officers, did you check everywhere? Just frantic and probably useless at that point to yell for him, but I would still likely be doing that. He just sorta strolled in and didn't even seem to be looking around. I would want to look around at least with my head side to side trying to see if something was out of place.. he didn't even seem concerned. It's like he knew what happened or something....
If the last place I had seen my missing husband was in our bed I would definitely at least glance at the bed!

jmo
i have a 20 plus year friend who lost her husband to a choking indecent last week He was enjoying a midnight snack while everyone was asleep and when they found him broken, blue and non responsive. She knew when she discovered him that he was gone. Bless her heart. She never implied he had an accident or faked his own death. Bless all the lived ones who find themselves in similar situations. Sometimes the universe indeed gives us more than we can handle .

One more observation on the Skidster data. It was never started again at his house. The last activity was at the place he was getting the blade replaced. Wouldn't you need to start it to get it off the trailer? It was off the trailer at the house and parked beside it if I recall. It wasn't left on the trailer?

CBS Denver Raw footage from the May 21 search. The Morphew's are still locked out for a couple more days so the trailer and bobcat are as they were left.

Speaking of the garage, that safe or whatever it was that he kept his beloved guns in was a mess! I would have thought he’d treat his weapons a little more carefully.

Did you SEE the chipmunk gun?!?! OMG, I can hear my drill sergeant screaming in my head!

LOOK AT THIS!!!
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2022/01/People-Exhibits-Prelim-Hearing_Page_92.png

I uploaded the People's Exhibit's here: The People’s Exhibits – Find Suzanne Morphew

I extracted directly from the PDF so these are a little bigger and a little higher res, but it doesn't make a whole lot of difference. Haven't gotten around to any of the defense exhibits. Still wrestling with a way to convert the Bobcat data that doesn't require me to type it all.

I notice that there's a lot caught on camera of what Barry didn't do.

He didn't ask if they've got her purse, her keys.

He didn't look to see if she left a note!

He also didn't ask the officer to look here or there or here-and-there again for her phone.

He also didn't look for her.

What if she'd crawled back home and called for an ambulance? What if she'd been attacked and managed to get back home? What if she was hiding in a closet, fearful of her attacker?

Everybody else was rolling through scenarios.

Nope. He wasn't even pretending all the possibilities were still possible!

Laser focus.

With that laser focus, I wonder how glaring that door jamb crack looked to him, as he passed through.

I'm curious, where was the small-c cat in all this? MM1's cat.

Jmo
BBM
Yes exactly!!
These points bring it right back around that he is not innocent, and she died at his hands

i have a 20 plus year friend who lost her husband to a choking indecent last week He was enjoying a midnight snack while everyone was asleep and when they found him broken, blue and non responsive. She knew when she discovered him that he was gone. Bless her heart. She never implied he had an accident or faked his own death. Bless all the lived ones who find themselves in similar situations. Sometimes the universe indeed gives us more than we can handle .
Oh my Gosh I’m so sorry for you and your friend. I can’t even imagine how traumatic that is to go through. I know how hard it is to lose a loved one due to illness and it’s somewhat expected, but nothing like this. Prayers and blessings for comfort and healing for all his loved ones.

BM is most comfortable discussing Barry's work or hunting. I think even before BM pulled up in the dark MST hours to the staged bike site, he'd already tested and planted the "lion got her" seed with his primary audience in Indiana - EST.

Long before any news of SM missing broke here or even around the Salida area, we learned that Indiana church members were praying for one of their own that was allegedly taken off a bike trail by a mountain lion! I wonder if the email prayer chain ever came in to evidence?

I think BM's panic set in when Chaffee County, Colorado wasn't buying it. There was no plan b so nephew TN had to create one-- and quick! MOO

ETA: Imagine two days later the County Sheriff goes on national TV and denounces the lion theory!

Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze told CBS4 that authorities have not ruled out the possibility of a criminal element in the 49-year-old woman’s disappearance, and said investigators believe it is unlikely she was attacked by animals. He said the investigation remains active.

I luv this post...

Along with this, can anyone tell me what the one LEO said to the other as they were leaving SM's home with her clothes in a bag??

One tells the other 'hold up I want talk to you' or something like that.

They tell BM to go a head and they quietly talk to each other.

It's something to do with her clothes and they are not comfortable with what they found....or something that.

I am so, so sorry to hear this! How awful!

Please pass my Deepest Condolences to your Friend.

ourDeepestCondolences.jpg

Did you SEE the chipmunk gun?!?! OMG, I can hear my drill sergeant screaming in my head!

LOOK AT THIS!!!
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2022/01/People-Exhibits-Prelim-Hearing_Page_92.png

I uploaded the People's Exhibit's here: The People’s Exhibits – Find Suzanne Morphew

I extracted directly from the PDF so these are a little bigger and a little higher res, but it doesn't make a whole lot of difference. Haven't gotten around to any of the defense exhibits. Still wrestling with a way to convert the Bobcat data that doesn't require me to type it all.

Is the barrel of this gun rusty? I can't quite tell.

Sure looks like it to me!

JMVHO.

Who can forget how bizarre it was that TN was the only family spokesperson for an entire week after SM was reported missing! And he repeatedly identifies himself as SM’s nephew ( he’s actually the son of Barry’s sister). He only refers to BM as “ the husband “, he refused to be shown on camera, he answered questions with strange answers like “ no comment “when asked who else lived at the home with Suzanne. When reporters asked how can we help he pushed the FundMe and the Facebook page. But the most bizarre thing was when the media asked him if the bike was found, he said we have info that we’d like to keep close to the vest, but we implore you (the media) and the public to ask LE about the CONDITION of the bike.
And then he disappeared.
Poor guy. BM really had him hornswaggled.
JMO

LOOK AT THIS!!!

Quoting myself to add, I know a lot of dudes who would convict Barry on the state of this rifle alone. If he treats his gun like that how do you think he treats his women?

https://twitter.com/carolamckinley/status/1488742379116847104?s=21
NEW: Pros releases video they showed to a limited audience in Aug. #Morphew preliminary hearing. This is the moment on Mother's Day May10, 2020 when sheriffs found #SuzanneMorphew 's blue mountain bike on a hill down a ravine. As of today: no Suzanne. No cellphone.

https://twitter.com/carolamckinley/status/1488743115145895937?s=21
Other body cam footage released shows #BarryMorphew when he arrived at the couple's home later that night, asks if deputies looked for tracks "people and lion tracks." Also shows deputies collect a pair of #SuzanneMorphew 's bike shorts from a closet to use in dog scent invest.

https://twitter.com/carolamckinley/status/1488744872488038401?s=21
Macy Morphew's boyfriend drove around looking for #SuzanneMorphew that evening and deputies asked him if the Morphew's got along. He looked to his dad for guidance and dad said to tell the truth. Good parenting right there.

The chest cam videos are rather disgusting. Just can't believe how nonchalant he is without urgency. Why even wait for police to take you to the house, wouldn't a worried husband be dragging a slew of officers to the house to search through and show them what her morning routine is, hollering around in the house, looking to see if she fell, was there incapacitated from an accident(mom2chloe, hugs).
I would play the video of the boyfriend, then a video of Barry and do the hurricane routine, play the video of the boyfriend and father again and then another Barry video.... The boyfriend showed more emotion than the husband. I kind of felt for him and his father, I also felt that he was worried for his girlfriend as well, pretty mature genuine moment.
So I wonder if this was the first time the daughters have seen these video's?

Much appreciation for all the updates, commentary & sleuthing.

Barry reminds me of a mean, nasty, spoiled little child in a man's body. His lack of respect for anyone at all is appalling.

Also, Barry's smiling on the way into court seems very disrespectful towards Suzanne and anyone who loves Suzanne.

LOOK AT THIS!!!

Your Find Suzanne Morphew site is amazing and ever so awesome. Once the trial ends, you should self publish it on Amazon. Maybe make a bit of jingle for your pocket.

I was told the zip ties connecting this rusty ole gun to a piece of stiff board were placed there so the gun could be held up when presented in the courtroom as evidence. IOW, Barry did not add those zip ties. Is that your understanding as well? TIA

The People’s Exhibits – Find Suzanne Morphew

The chest cam videos are rather disgusting. Just can't believe how nonchalant he is without urgency. Why even wait for police to take you to the house, wouldn't a worried husband be dragging a slew of officers to the house to search through and show them what her morning routine is, hollering around in the house, looking to see if she fell, was there incapacitated from an accident(mom2chloe, hugs).
I would play the video of the boyfriend, then a video of Barry and do the hurricane routine, play the video of the boyfriend and father again and then another Barry video.... The boyfriend showed more emotion than the husband. I kind of felt for him and his father, I also felt that he was worried for his girlfriend as well, pretty mature genuine moment.
I'm pretty sure they would have seen them at the preliminary, as we do know they were played.

Just imagine. There are hours and hours of videos of Barry lying through his teeth to investigators. We got mere minutes here.

You nailed it though, juxtapose the reaction of both MH's, with that of Barry.

They were genuine in every sense. Barry was, well, Barry.

I totally agree.
The daughters saw this footage on August 9, the first day of the Preliminary hearing.

https://twitter.com/stephaniebutzer/status/1424745758281007111?s=21
In another body cam video, Barry Morphew is emotional and seen talking with deputies. He's heard saying Suzanne bikes every day and was asleep when he left the home that day.

In court, Barry's mother and daughters are watching this video. One daughter is blinking away tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jme81