Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much appreciation for all the updates, commentary & sleuthing.

Barry reminds me of a mean, nasty, spoiled little child in a man's body. His lack of respect for anyone at all is appalling.

Also, Barry's smiling on the way into court seems very disrespectful towards Suzanne and anyone who loves Suzanne.
BBM
Absolutely couldn't have said it better!

The chest cam videos are rather disgusting. Just can't believe how nonchalant he is without urgency. Why even wait for police to take you to the house, wouldn't a worried husband be dragging a slew of officers to the house to search through and show them what her morning routine is, hollering around in the house, looking to see if she fell, was there incapacitated from an accident(mom2chloe, hugs).
I would play the video of the boyfriend, then a video of Barry and do the hurricane routine, play the video of the boyfriend and father again and then another Barry video.... The boyfriend showed more emotion than the husband. I kind of felt for him and his father, I also felt that he was worried for his girlfriend as well, pretty mature genuine moment.
So I wonder if this was the first time the daughters have seen these video's?
I'd be running around like a lunatic! I wouldn't have driven to THE BIKE sighting first - thanks to his 4000 tours good friend GD who he called (where they both touched the bike), I would've ran to the home and searched for her on the grounds, as many of you have said. LE was taking care of the areas surrounding the bike when there was still daylight and BM made no effort to LOOK anywhere or ask questions other than where they found the bike - just proposing a mountain lion mauling attack - with no blood.
Who was it that said that mountain lion had a good arm? I LOL'ed! Thanks. :D
So, he waltzes (matter of factly) at a slow pace into the home, doesn't look around, doesn't call out for Suzanne and never searches the grounds. He's in fake 'devastated' mode when his wife could be injured or out there suffering. Suzanne isn't there so why bother. She disappeared on a road she'd never ride on.
Everyone involved, even at this early point, know he killed her but that doesn't register with him. He thinks he's got this.
They even need to ask him to turn the lights on. Who wouldn't be flying around the house looking for something that's amiss? Where's her keys, her handbag, her phone? Nope. These cops are so dumb (he assumes) that they're just going to take his word for it, all of it - why point out those things that could make you look like a murderer? Just act like you're catatonic, like your wife was.
Another thing, remember that photo of a huge file with a lot of papers in it he had in his arm when walking out of the hotel?
I guarantee those were documents he didn't want LE to find. Did they seize his truck that same night? Doubt he disposed of them. Did he drop them off somewhere on his way home? That was one hefty file.
If they'd been work related, they would've been in file cabinets at home. As for the 'mail'? I believe that was a document in an envelope. Quite possibly, what he left in the trash bin was just an envelope with one of those filler papers stating what's enclosed. Postal workers don't show up before he left that early AM.

Gotta wonder if BM kept his hands in his pockets so LE couldn't see if there were any marks on them.

The lack of urgency on his part is shocking to me. His beloved wife, who had survived two bouts of cancer and had just recovered from the last, and his first thought is a mountain lion. Not that something medical could have happened?

So fake, and he is a terrible actor.

I also got the impression that LE was giving him side eye almost immediately.

MOO

I luv this post...

Along with this, can anyone tell me what the one LEO said to the other as they were leaving SM's home with her clothes in a bag??

One tells the other 'hold up I want talk to you' or something like that.

They tell BM to go a head and they quietly talk to each other.

It's something to do with her clothes and they are not comfortable with what they found....or something that.

I think the officer had a bit of an investigative epiphany. Woman reported missing on a bike ride, but he's picking up a pair of bike shorts, worn bike shorts.

Officer makes connection. Spouse doesn't.

Where were Suzanne's white shorts and string top? Really want to know when and whether she ever wore them and where/if they were found.

JMO

Let me preface with I'm probably not the best person to answer because I tend to think of biking shorts in multiple categories including padded shorts for spin class, commuting, trail riding, endurance riding, and mountain bike riding where IMO, these are the granddaddy of biking shorts for off-trail riding and not where you drive half a mile, park, and ride on the road.

That said, one of the deputies on camera seemed surprised that BM handed them SM's padded, mountain bike shorts off the closet floor.

Initially, I thought the deputy wondered about whether or not the padded shorts given to them had actually been worn recently by SM (i.e., off-trail, rugged riding shorts versus SM's trail riding shorts), or perhaps he gave them more staged evidence.

However, after more thought, I think the deputy was most likely thinking that if BM gave them SM's mountain biking shorts then it likely meant that SM came home and changed clothes since the alleged bike crash.

Biking shorts/gear tend to run on the expensive side (i.e., $200 each) and while I don't doubt that SM had multiples of everything, I can see where the deputy would think they had SM's only pair of biking shorts in their possession.

@Warwick7, I hope this post doesn't add to your question.

And before anyone asks, I don't pay full retail for anything! :oops: :cool:

9 Best Padded Bike Shorts (Cycling Shorts) For Women - Femme Cyclist
I don't think anything Barry left in that closet (on the floor or whatnot) was an accident. They were probably in a drawer and had been washed before he put them there. He thinks he's smarter than the average bear.
eta: except for missing the spy pen, maybe.

I'd be running around like a lunatic! I wouldn't have driven to THE BIKE sighting first - thanks to his 4000 tours good friend GD who he called (where they both touched the bike), I would've ran to the home and searched for her on the grounds, as many of you have said. LE was taking care of the areas surrounding the bike when there was still daylight and BM made no effort to LOOK anywhere or ask questions other than where they found the bike - just proposing a mountain lion mauling attack - with no blood.
Who was it that said that mountain lion had a good arm? I LOL'ed! Thanks. :D
So, he waltzes (matter of factly) at a slow pace into the home, doesn't look around, doesn't call out for Suzanne and never searches the grounds. He's in fake 'devastated' mode when his wife could be injured or out there suffering. Suzanne isn't there so why bother. She disappeared on a road she'd never ride on.
Everyone involved, even at this early point, know he killed her but that doesn't register with him. He thinks he's got this.
They even need to ask him to turn the lights on. Who wouldn't be flying around the house looking for something that's amiss? Where's her keys, her handbag, her phone? Nope. These cops are so dumb (he assumes) that they're just going to take his word for it, all of it - why point out those things that could make you look like a murderer? Just act like you're catatonic, like your wife was.
Another thing, remember that photo of a huge file with a lot of papers in it he had in his arm when walking out of the hotel?
I guarantee those were documents he didn't want LE to find. Did they seize his truck that same night? Doubt he disposed of them. Did he drop them off somewhere on his way home? That was one hefty file.
If they'd been work related, they would've been in file cabinets at home. As for the 'mail'? I believe that was a document in an envelope. Quite possibly, what he left in the trash bin was just an envelope with one of those filler papers stating what's enclosed. Postal workers don't show up before he left that early AM.

Rbbm

She disappeared on a road she'd never ridden on.

I kind of wish that had been the thread banner. For all the months we were greated with "went missing on a bike ride." Because no, she dint.

She went missing on road she'd never ridden on. Strikes me because it exposes the false narrative.

Did y'all catch the bf's reaction upon learning they've found Suzanne's bike and where they found it? Pure incredulousness. Because that spot makes NO SENSE.

Forgive me for restating the obvious -- this was poorly staged from the start.

JMO

Last edited:
RSBM

This is where BM fails his improv acting class.

Of all the things to they get its the bike shorts that she could have been wearing on the ride!

This should have occurred to him (he must have seen?)

"wait ... she made it home!"
It didn't look like BM gave the shorts to the PO. The PO went into the closet and asked BM to get him a plastic bag. I could be wrong but I think another cop walked behind Barry into the kitchen area. This doesn't mean Barry didn't leave what he wanted to in the closet.

First thought: hidden in a locker at Men's Wearhouse perhaps? Something like that? Given to his mum later on, when she visited?

Reaction to seeing this:
I wonder about the colour of the bike. Except the pedals, the colour seems wrong to me.
Did I hear well, that the boyfriend said "...... no more husband and wife"??? Unfortunately didn't understand the whole sentence.
I notice, BM is changing between alternately whining and being factual the next second. Poor acting, OMG.
I notice, BM has hand in pocket nearly all the time. A worried, agitated husband would move differently, IMO. He had his absence-story straight, he knew it. He had only to show his "first performance" now, asking for a lion and so on.
BM got lucky with his Broomfield job (that it had been on his schedule at all), so it was already dark and impossible to search, when he returned from his "big job in Denver". A job nearby wouldn't have helped him so much. Well chosen for alibi and for the time of return in darkness.
Officers had some amusement probably, when whining BM didn't know, the boyfriend had already said something re the condition of his marriage.
IMO MOO
Well chosen job if there had actually been one.
His hands in his pocket was to conceal his fresh wounds inflicted by Suzanne, IMO.

It didn't look like BM gave the shorts to the PO. The PO went into the closet and asked BM to get him a plastic bag. I could be wrong but I think another cop walked behind Barry into the kitchen area. This doesn't mean Barry didn't leave what he wanted to in the closet.

Agreed - I edited my post.

But he had to have seen what they were putting in the bag.

Much appreciation for all the updates, commentary & sleuthing.

Barry reminds me of a mean, nasty, spoiled little child in a man's body. His lack of respect for anyone at all is appalling.

Also, Barry's smiling on the way into court seems very disrespectful towards Suzanne and anyone who loves Suzanne.
bbm
May I say it: he even walks like a toddler with a nappy, if seeing him from behind. Not the first time, I thought it.

Last edited:
The hot tub

I don't think it featured in Suzanne's death or disappearance, beyond Barry possibly decontaminating himself in it on the early morning of Mother's Day.

But what I do think is possible is that the tranquilizer wasn't his only means.

The empty bottles, the call for repair, Suzanne's text reminder about supplies, Barry's voluntary tell of Suzanne's near-death encounter with mixed chemicals.

Barry's strong suit is digging, landscaping, earthmoving. Barry knows the land. I think he had a lock on how to hide a body.

I think he had several methods in mind for getting a body there. A hike gone awry. A bike ride gone awry.

Perhaps he thought he could stage an accidental hot tub chemical death.

Remember that episode of Forensic Files?-- husband murders wife, stages a fall down the basement steps, leaving her shoes askance on the stairway.

His poor acting -- the shoes, the d**n shoes. I told her not to wear them on the stairs.

Can't you hear Barry? I was trying to get a guy out there to fix it. I was worried about it. The hot tub, the d**n hot tub, I told her not to use it.

Did you catch what happened when the officer asked Barry where Suzanne would ride? Barry morons* this way and that (more roads she never rode on!), up to Foose's. *[leaving my Freudian autocorrect -- what I meant to type was motions but morons is suddenly my new favorite accidental verb.] The officer says something about going up there to look, and Barry says, whyyyy? If her bike's right here...

It would be laughable if it weren't so sad.

He truly only wanted them to look right there!

Suzanne isn't here. Whelp, she must be gone for good. Let's wrap this up. Sorry, Mr. Morphew, for your loss. Want us to throw the bike away for you?

OF COURSE you'd want to investigate. Was Suzanne just starting out (with no water), was she almost home? Was this the scene of a struggle or had one occurred earlier and she was trying to get away? Had she abandoned her water and her helmet and her sunglasses and her phone in a hurry somewhere? Was she chased?

All Barry developed was a nonsensical crash on a curve where she never would have been, with speed she never would have reached, with a bike landing in a way it never would, unless it was thrown by someone with both considerable strength and a personal vendetta against The Bike.

Oh, Barry.

JMO

Last edited:
Maybe Barry was throwing out those papers at Men's Wearhouse. I'd need to look at the order of wardrobe changes relative to trash runs, but if he still had that folder of papers when he left the hotel prior to MW, maybe it took him that long to paper shred the documents to his satisfaction. By hand.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member