OH - Dr. William Husel accused of murdering 25 patients w/ Fentanyl Overdoses, Franklin Co, 2019 *not guilty*

Wow, I never thought of a deal! Or maybe the state is going to drop charges (wishful thinking I know)

I kind of let my imagination run away with me trying to figure out what could be happening. Due to Marsy's law they'd need approval from each family for a plea deal. I also thought maybe the civil lawyers would all have to get involved and work out settlements for them too. I can see that taking a bunch of time for negotiations.

Probably not what's happening, but it's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Well I was all ready for tomorrow...now I think there is something going on for sure. Will we ever even see a closing here? I am thinking not. Who would be more motivated to settle....I think the defense did very well so it must be the state that knows it is likely going to be not guilty. I don't know enough about the law to speculate. Wonder what local media are saying? Anyone hear anything?

Well I was all ready for tomorrow...now I think there is something going on for sure. Will we ever even see a closing here? I am thinking not. Who would be more motivated to settle....I think the defense did very well so it must be the state that knows it is likely going to be not guilty. I don't know enough about the law to speculate. Wonder what local media are saying? Anyone hear anything?

I've been keeping an eye on the Columbus Dispatch--they usually have info from the State before it is officially released to the rest of the media. So far, nothing.

Beginning to wonder if we will get any closure to this trial after watching it for so many weeks. I do recall Baez grinning as he rested the case so whatever is happening I think it is good for their case. "Settlement" would imply some guilt on Dr. Husel's part and I don't think he need accept any.

Beginning to wonder if we will get any closure to this trial after watching it for so many weeks. I do recall Baez grinning as he rested the case so whatever is happening I think it is good for their case. "Settlement" would imply some guilt on Dr. Husel's part and I don't think he need accept any.

I agree, but I'm wondering if he would settle on something that would allow him to keep his medical license.

I agree, but I'm wondering if he would settle on something that would allow him to keep his medical license.
I think anything short of complete not guilty will be a major problem if he wants to continue in the medical field. Admitting to anything even with medical license ...nope don't see that.
As for the delay due to allowing lesser charges basically each side presents their argument which frankly should be on the record for us to see and then judge makes ruling. So that seems to have had more than enough time and nothing. The only thing I remember that did not set right with me was one DNR that was signed after the extubation and last push of meds. If that is correct then I think hospital and Dr. held accountable for that...but all the facts may not be clear. Given this court does not seem to work on Fridays I assume something will happen tomorrow but what is anyone's guess. As always amazed so little coverage of a case with such wide reaching implications for end of life care in hospital.

thank you so very much for updating here. At this point they could well lose some jury thru some misconduct and other problems....I don't think we will ever have closing. Really a sad end to a trial conducted in a circus courtroom with a jester as judge.

Wow! Guys, what is going on?? I really really hope the state drops charges.
With that group of attorneys from the State anything is possible. I have to assume they could not get lesser included charges in instructions and without that pretty obvious they have little to no chance of conviction...but at this point would you not just do your best closing and hope for at least one? Dropping the charges at this point seems almost impossible. I have never seen that...sure have seen settlements even after trial starts but not dropping all together.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back