NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not closed the door on this tragedy being the result of a hit crime.

The murder may have been staged in a manner most would deem unlikely in a murder-for-hire case,
eg. multiple stab wounds and the decedent dragged along a public thoroughfare, then abandoned.

I support the notion texts sent to the husband were executed as distractions.

A hit crime could also explain why youngest son was not harmed.

I initially thought organized crime with the “whole family” threat and maybe they were unaware of younger son upstairs. Interesting way to definitely throw off the theory by making it so messy. - My other “out there” theory is she sat on a jury while at old address and literally sent someone to jail. So bizarre. IMO

I've not closed the door on this tragedy being the result of a hit crime.

The murder may have been staged in a manner most would deem unlikely in a murder-for-hire case,
eg. multiple stab wounds and the decedent dragged along a public thoroughfare, then abandoned.

I support the notion texts sent to the husband were executed as distractions.

A hit crime could also explain why youngest son was not harmed.

My problem with this is that ‘most unlikely to be a hit’ works for the person hiring the hit, but I think it tends to be much more risky for the person doing the hit.

MOO

Do we know what time the father got the text from her phone? Was it before she was found?

If the text came in before she was found and it was me who got that text, I would call the NYPD so fast to check on my spouse and my child? I would want them pounding down my door for a wellness check.

I had assumed that her phone was with her and the message sent just before her body was abandoned which would be some time before she was discovered by the runner.

The most recent time I saw was that the text was sent at 5am EST. So it would have been 2am in Portland. Her body wasn’t found until after 8am EST or 5am in Portland. So for 3 hours the Husband had the texts and I don’t know if he was sleeping still or just didn’t call police right away. Obviously he hadn’t talked to his 13 year old because he didn’t seem to know what was going on when police arrived around 9am.

It looks like a man not a teen now since I saw the video. I agree with the backpack and the shoulder looks normal now. Wow he is moving quickly and effortlessly.
I also noticed that it was said the suspect texted the Husband at 5am so that would be after he disposed of the body at the entrance to the park. Why though? Why take the body .5 miles on sidewalks in front of houses with LOUD wheels in a hockey bag just to leave it on the sidewalk out in the open???? It doesn’t make sense to me. Why not just leave it in the basement and send a text and leave?

I don't see a young person anymore either. I see an average sized male. The video is so different from the screen cap.

My problem with this is that ‘most unlikely to be a hit’ works for the person hiring the hit, but I think it tends to be much more risky for the person doing the hit.

MOO

Yeah, I can’t imagine a professional hit man agreeing to stab someone to death, let alone to the level of overkill in this case. A hit man wants to execute in the shortest period of time and leave the least amount of potential evidence behind, which is why a firearm is most commonly used. Aside from probably having physical injuries, the killer’s DNA is likely all over the crime scene—far too risky, IMO.

Conversely, maybe hubs is the cheater and revenge was taken on wife? Very young gf that does not drive? Dog knew intruder? Gf knew his name/phone number for threat from her phone?.
Do we know why OG disappeared 2 years ago?

Also, one would know that OG would fit into the hockey bag if they had fit themselves in at some point to compare.
I had seen mention in articles that she had a date with a man according to her friends. Was there a girlfriend or is that speculation? The prior incidents of the eldest son being abducted when he was an infant, and the report of OG being missing almost 2 years ago, may have clues.

Yeah, I can’t imagine a professional hit man agreeing to stab someone to death, let alone to the level of overkill in this case. A hit man wants to execute in the shortest period of time and leave the least amount of potential evidence behind, which is why a firearm is most commonly used. Aside from probably having physical injuries, the killer’s DNA is likely all over the crime scene—far too risky, IMO.

Right, DNA all over the place, strong possibility of physical injuries, and being visible on dozens of cameras, dragging a dead body, so he can’t even claim that he’s an innocent passerby.
MOO

So she arrived home at midnight. The killer didn’t drag her body out until 4:30 am. That’s 4.5 hours with the killer just chilling in the house. Does anyone else find that odd?

Unless of course the killer had good reason to be in the house already as opposed to showing up unannounced after she arrived home. MOO.

Last edited:
Is there any information about the elder son from the 2004 incident ?
If he was taken (considering he would have been an infant in 2004, I cannot see him wandering off) - then whoever took him might be the POI, since I would think that kidnapping an infant would end up with the perp serving time - however, that seems unlikely, unless the person liked being in prison and wants to return there - why send the SMS message ? And why kill the mother ?
I do not think there is a connection, however I am very curious about the 2004 situation.

Queens mother Orsolya Gaal was stabbed more than 50 times, sources tell CBS2 - CBS New York
<snipped & BBM>
Sources close to the case said Gaal went to see a show at Lincoln Center with friends on Friday night and after sat alone in a bar near her home, seemingly waiting for someone for 40 minutes before going home alone, Bauman reported.

[…]

Investigators believe Gaal was killed by someone she knew. It appears the killer entered her home through the back door and there's no indication of forced entry. Sources said Gaal's wounds indicate she fought her attacker until her death.

[…]

Sources said Gaal's husband told police he received threatening text messages over the weekend, but high-ranking officials have not seen those texts for themselves, Bauman reported.

Queens mother Orsolya Gaal was stabbed more than 50 times, sources tell CBS2 - CBS New York
<snipped & BBM>
Sources close to the case said Gaal went to see a show at Lincoln Center with friends on Friday night and after sat alone in a bar near her home, seemingly waiting for someone for 40 minutes before going home alone, Bauman reported.

[…]

Investigators believe Gaal was killed by someone she knew. It appears the killer entered her home through the back door and there's no indication of forced entry. Sources said Gaal's wounds indicate she fought her attacker until her death.

[…]

Sources said Gaal's husband told police he received threatening text messages over the weekend, but high-ranking officials have not seen those texts for themselves, Bauman reported.
SO, after reading the article, it seems like OG went out to a show, then went to a bar and was waiting for 40 minutes alone...
Who was she waiting for ?
The perp came in via the back door - was OG near the back of the house and the person she was meant to meet came to her house because for whatever reason they missed meeting up at the bar. OG lets the person into the house - they go to the basement to talk because they know the 13 y/o is upstairs and they do not want to disturb him (this is all IMO) - what led to murder ?

<snipped & BBM>

[…]

[…]

Thank you for posting! In that news clip I noticed they said Police have ruled out the 13 year old Son as a suspect. I haven’t heard them say that before. I’ve only heard them say the Father and Older Son were not persons of interest.

I would have agreed with you, except a quick google search revealed numerous contract killings by stabbing, including this one, in Ireland, where a woman was stabbed 37 times.

Murdered woman stabbed 37 times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members