NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the video on YT in case anyone wants to be able to slow it down to look at it

thanks was looking for this exact video and couldn't find it

Chilling the ring doorbell video ... to know there is a body in that hockey bag

This may have been commented on... but the phrasing "some years ago," reminds me of the way a couple of Eastern European (Poland and Hungary) friends of mine (English is not their first language) speak. In fact, a quick search through a Discord log found my Hungarian friend using the phrase "some 1,5 years ago" (we were talking about crypto).

i come from a croatian family and they all speak this way, some of our other European friends from other countries also speak in this manner as well

Why would she let the person she put in jail come into her house at that late hour?
If you put someone in jail, aren't you notified when the are about to be released? Why would her husband leave her alone with the 13 yo and go out of town?
Why would she agree to go out on the town with the person she sent to jail out walking around?
Domestic isn't someone just released from jail. In my opinion.

moo

Agree that the wording of the text seemed clunky to American English speakers but would make sense for European/ ESL speaker.
Also, do we know when she immigrated? I read that her husband worked in Hungary for a few years in the early 00s, so I assumed that's where they met. However, when you do an address search, there are a number of addresses connected to her in Manhattan (Chinatown/SoHo and the UWS) in the 90s. These sites are not always the most accurate but I looked at a few and they all lined up.
It's also worth noting that if she was a victim of a crime or testified against someone, her name may be redacted from a court record. Also, you are not always notified when someone you "put in jail" gets released. TONS of people were also released early in the last year after COVID, including violent offenders, especially in New York.
It's completely possible that someone from her past either in the US or Europe and was able to find her.

Why would she let the person she put in jail come into her house at that late hour?
If you put someone in jail, aren't you notified when the are about to be released? Why would her husband leave her alone with the 13 yo and go out of town?
Why would she agree to go out on the town with the person she sent to jail out walking around?
Domestic isn't someone just released from jail. In my opinion.

moo
I am not convinced that OG would let anyone into the house at that hour, let alone someone she helped put into prison..
Maybe the person was not recently released, but they have been waiting for the right time to pounce... IMO

IMO the text message is designed to throw people off, regardless of who the perp ends up being. If you've just committed a sloppy murder, why announce who you are? Why give LE any clues that would invariably lead to you, with such specific wording?
If the perp wanted to intimidate, they could have simply said 'Your family is next" without the preceding stuff. I doubt she has many past enemies who would want to harm her (she seems like a nice, average, lady) so I can't imagine it would be hard to narrow down who could have sent such a text without being directly incriminating. IMO I only see these kind of wordy letters left at cartel killings, where the perps are hidden being anonymity and know that announcing their cartel affiliation won't get them caught. I think this text was entirely done to lead a wild goose chase, or point LE towards an uninvolved person in OG's life, to distract from others.
(I agree w/ a previous poster who said it reminded them of the JonBenet letter - excess details sounding like a bad crime thriller)

I agree. Her Facebook is public and she walks a lot. She lives nature and being outside. Also a very social person. The lockdown seemed to be depressing her; however, a thought that occurred to me was that in walking so much and being a striking lady, perhaps some pervert noticed her that she rebuffed. I really hope it wasn't her family.

I suppose it's possible. I live in a nice neighborhood (not multimillion though!) & I also like to go on solo walks. The only time I can go is late evening/night. However, I've had numerous incidents where a vehicle slows down and starts riding alongside me or some random man follows strangely close behind me for many blocks. I called the police and was simply told to stop walking after dark. So sad that women can't even enjoy the simple things like going for a nighttime stroll alone.

I can't understand why a random pervert, jilted lover or "twitter swindler" type would drag her body blocks away rather than just run away and leave her body at the scene of the crime. I guess they could've thought they would get farther and dig up a grave and hide the body but they were somehow interrupted by potential witnesses, panicked and ran away? But why go that route in such a busy area? Seems the killer was either mentally psychotic or incredibly stupid (or both).

I wonder what did the crime scene look like? Did the killer attempt to clean up and scrub away evidence? It must have been incredibly bloody.

Question: Is it a little unusual that OG chose a weekend when her husband and older son were out of town to go for a night out with friends and then stay alone at a bar, leaving her 13-yr-old alone late into the evening/night? I'm wondering now if maybe OG took the opportunity to go out since her husband was out of town and she felt she had more freedom.

I had read that she was at Lincoln Center on Friday night. Jaime Lozano's Songs by an Immigrant was playing there that night. It was a sold out event. Celebrating Chick Corea was also happening that night but had very limited tickets. If she was at these concerts, she would have had to have gotten tickets a while ago. The Met was dark. It may be that she had tickets and then the opportunity for campus visits happened so she and the younger stayed home while the husband and the older went with the idea to meet them in MI later since the schools are on break this week.

I also read that some NYPD sources have stated they have a male POI who was known to her and had access to her home. This could be news outlets just stirring the pot more, but that would lead me to start considering people who have worked in or around their house in the past. It could also be an estranged family member or acquaintance.
Not trying to drag this ladies name through the mud, but maybe she had an affair that ended poorly and became involved with the person again. Having an affair doesnt necessarily make you a bad person and plenty of people stay in marriages and lead separate lives behind closed doors out of convenience/financial purposes. We have no idea what her marriage was actually like. People go back to terrible relationships more often than people think, even after really traumatic stuff goes on. Love and or lust makes people do crazy things, especially the toxic kind.

IMO the text message is designed to throw people off, regardless of who the perp ends up being. If you've just committed a sloppy murder, why announce who you are? Why give LE any clues that would invariably lead to you, with such specific wording?
If the perp wanted to intimidate, they could have simply said 'Your family is next" without the preceding stuff. I doubt she has many past enemies who would want to harm her (she seems like a nice, average, lady) so I can't imagine it would be hard to narrow down who could have sent such a text without being directly incriminating. IMO I only see these kind of wordy letters left at cartel killings, where the perps are hidden being anonymity and know that announcing their cartel affiliation won't get them caught. I think this text was entirely done to lead a wild goose chase, or point LE towards an uninvolved person in OG's life, to distract from others.
(I agree w/ a previous poster who said it reminded them of the JonBenet letter - excess details sounding like a bad crime thriller)

I would agree that there is a greater chance the theme (I'm a criminal out of jail back for revenge) of the text messages could be a hoax - but I'm not as sure about the way the one text is phrased. I wonder if that is revealing something about the author (ESL / possibly E. European).

It could be someone she sent to jail who is on a rampage, mentally unwell and plans on ending their own life when they are done.

Could be someone that she indirectly sent to jail. Someone she fired, romantically rejected, gave bad financial advice that led to this persons downward spiral and they blame her for it.

Or it's someone close enough to her that is not the person she sent to jail, but knows about it, and is trying to throw the police off.

I couldn't agree more!

What bothers me is not how hard it would be to move the hockey bag that whole distance. What’s bothering me is how hard it would be to place her dead body inside the bag. I’m sure the poor lady was covered in blood, which would make it even harder.

To me, the fact that her son was removed from the home in handcuffs is not that strange. I’m assuming LE knocked on the door incessantly, they already had her body so when they finally entered the home and found someone upstairs they did what they had to do. He’s a kid, and he looks young but they had no way to immediately check his age and he looks very different in older pictures. I agree that if he isn’t involved it’s unfortunate that he was removed from the home in that fashion, but I can understand why they did it specially if he had just woken up and was not acting “right” (sleepy, not making sense, saying confusing stuff), or maybe he had some injuries (not related to the crime). If he plays the drums, his hands could be messy, for example.

I saw a bit of the video and, in my opinion, it looks like someone young. I wonder if something is missing from the home (clothes, electronics, etc).

Regarding the text messages, I think it would make more sense for it to be made up stuff to throw the investigation off. The whole murder makes zero sense. Why remove her body from the house if you don’t live in the house? Just leave…

I don't see why an adult would put someone in a hockey bag just to drag them a few streets, leaving a blood trail. It seems very juvenile and it feels like it was left there because the person couldn't move it any further. It's very much the thinking along the lines of "Oh damn, I need to get the evidence out of here somehow quickly" - not thought through. Especially with the amount of stab wounds, it seems like a crime out of passion/rage and not one that was planned which also explains why it was done so "slobby" and hastily.

Was the hockey bag confirmed to be from their basement?

Interesting. How do they know this, I wonder? Surveillance videos? Fingerprints?

Also again it is stated that the son is NOT a suspect. Surprising considering all the circumstantial evidence pointed in that direction.

"Gaal's 13-year-old son was home at the time, but police have ruled him out as a suspect."

This does not appear to be an official LE statement ruling out the 13 year old. Until there is I shall keep an open mind .

Thanks so much for linking the video!! IMO totally changes my impression. Now it looks clearly IMO like a teenager or young man, probably wearing a hoody w hood up. Moo

In the screengrab. the person looked just tiny, no length of limb at all… I knew had to be distorted cuz do not think the perp here is like 9 years old!

Whatever he is carrying w his right arm looks squarish to me … like a box, does anyone else see it that way?

Did anyone catch what sort of items were taken from the search of the house?

Re should husband HK have alerted LE about the texts - I saw in earlier reporting that around when OG’s body was found, HK & son-1 had just landed in a new college town - so maybe HK was on a flight with his phone off & didn’t see the texts for a while. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value