NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Queens mother Orsolya Gaal was stabbed more than 50 times, sources tell CBS2 - CBS New York

Investigators believe Gaal was killed by someone she knew. It appears the killer entered her home through the back door

Interesting. How do they know this, I wonder? Surveillance videos? Fingerprints?

Also again it is stated that the son is NOT a suspect. Surprising considering all the circumstantial evidence pointed in that direction.

"Gaal's 13-year-old son was home at the time, but police have ruled him out as a suspect."

Thank you for posting! In that news clip I noticed they said Police have ruled out the 13 year old Son as a suspect. I haven’t heard them say that before. I’ve only heard them say the Father and Older Son were not persons of interest.
I'm so relieved he's been ruled out! I can't imagine a more painful way (physically and emotionally) for a mother or father to die than at the hands of a one of their children.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. How do they know this, I wonder? Surveillance videos? Fingerprints?

Also again it is stated that the son is NOT a suspect. Surprising considering all the circumstantial evidence pointed in that direction.

"Gaal's 13-year-old son was home at the time, but police have ruled him out as a suspect."

Maybe surveillance videos that show the killer arriving, leaving with the bag containing her body, and never returning. It seems to me that that would all but exonerate the son. (I know some people are suspicious of his not hearing anything, but I’m not.)

Queens mother Orsolya Gaal was stabbed more than 50 times, sources tell CBS2 - CBS New York
<snipped & BBM>
Sources close to the case said Gaal went to see a show at Lincoln Center with friends on Friday night and after sat alone in a bar near her home, seemingly waiting for someone for 40 minutes before going home alone, Bauman reported.

[…]

Investigators believe Gaal was killed by someone she knew. It appears the killer entered her home through the back door and there's no indication of forced entry. Sources said Gaal's wounds indicate she fought her attacker until her death.

[…]

Sources said Gaal's husband told police he received threatening text messages over the weekend, but high-ranking officials have not seen those texts for themselves, Bauman reported.
From the article:

As CBS2's Leah Mishkin reported Monday, that home, situated on a quiet Forest Hills street, has since turned into a crime scene.

Neighbors are quoted in the article but none of them seem to have heard this crime, which left the victim with blunt force trauma, multiple stab wounds and defensive wounds. It seems she could have been kept quiet during the crime. Pillow to the face?

Question: Is it a little unusual that OG chose a weekend when her husband and older son were out of town to go for a night out with friends and then stay alone at a bar, leaving her 13-yr-old alone late into the evening/night? I'm wondering now if maybe OG took the opportunity to go out since her husband was out of town and she felt she had more freedom.

I had seen mention in articles that she had a date with a man according to her friends. Was there a girlfriend or is that speculation? The prior incidents of the eldest son being abducted when he was an infant, and the report of OG being missing almost 2 years ago, may have clues.

I'm curious about the son being abducted 17 years ago. If that person was caught, could that be who OG "put away" according to the text to the hubby. Maybe his abduction was a known person took him and then mom testified against that person?

I think her disappearing 2 years ago is not as big a deal. It sounds like it was not even a full day and maybe could be a result of them disagreeing and needing a little breather so she walks and he wakes up to her not being there and called police. She arrives home shortly after and all is well.

From the article:

As CBS2's Leah Mishkin reported Monday, that home, situated on a quiet Forest Hills street, has since turned into a crime scene.

Neighbors are quoted in the article but none of them seem to have heard this crime, which left the victim with blunt force trauma, multiple stab wounds and defensive wounds. It seems she could have been kept quiet during the crime. Pillow to the face?

Maybe she was stabbed in the neck quickly which precluded her from screaming--perhaps she could only gasp and gurgle. :-(

Question: Is it a little unusual that OG chose a weekend when her husband and older son were out of town to go for a night out with friends and then stay alone at a bar, leaving her 13-yr-old alone late into the evening/night? I'm wondering now if maybe OG took the opportunity to go out since her husband was out of town and she felt she had more freedom.

I don't think it's odd. Her outing could have been planned a while ago and the college visit was more recently decided or if they usually do things together on weekends maybe she did take this time to go out since he was away anyway. I have teenagers and rarely do they care what us adults do. lol Well they will tag along with us on errands or fun activities about half the time. The other times they like to play video games, listen to music, talk to friends.. sometimes we aren't the coolest to hang out with. :)

<snipped & BBM>
Sources close to the case said Gaal went to see a show at Lincoln Center with friends on Friday night and after sat alone in a bar near her home, seemingly waiting for someone for 40 minutes before going home alone, Bauman reported.

[…]

Investigators believe Gaal was killed by someone she knew. It appears the killer entered her home through the back door and there's no indication of forced entry. Sources said Gaal's wounds indicate she fought her attacker until her death.

[…]

Sources said Gaal's husband told police he received threatening text messages over the weekend, but high-ranking officials have not seen those texts for themselves, Bauman reported.

It’s interesting that these unnamed “sources” are telling the media about these text messages the husband received but “high-ranking officials” seem to be saying that while they heard of the messages, they haven’t seen them for themselves. Perhaps the husband has shared them with the media but the police haven’t been able to review them for whatever reason? JMO.

It’s interesting that these unnamed “sources” are telling the media about these text messages the husband received but “high-ranking officials” seem to be saying that while they heard of the messages, they haven’t seen them for themselves. Perhaps the husband has shared them with the media but the police haven’t been able to review them for whatever reason? JMO.
I think these messages were shared with law enforcement, and likely kept close to the investigation. Then you have leakers within the department who are passing on what they've heard.

Because a detective investigating the case isn't going to leak this, as they wouldn't want to hurt their own investigation.

If it were my 13 year old it would be really easy to look at his (incessant, never-ending, all-consuming) online activity to verify that he was on a server or discord or whatever until the wee hours. Poor kid- what a nightmare.

Just purely speculation…but what if OG was catfished by the man she put away years ago? We’ve seen it happen with Tinder Swindler where it’s not that difficult unfortunately to catfish/scam women online especially on Facebook.

Maybe the suspect made a fake profile and they agreed to meet? He was watching the whole time from afar then followed her home or was waiting at her home for her?

again all speculation MOO

I’m glad the 13 year old son has been ruled out but I watch too many crime shows to know that usually when a victim is murdered by a family member or someone that lives in / familiar with the house, the suspect always moved the body out of the house. Usually if it was murder by a random person such as a burglar or hitman, that body is almost never moved from the home. I wonder who else could be familiar with the house ( a housekeeper etc).

I'm curious about the son being abducted 17 years ago. If that person was caught, could that be who OG "put away" according to the text to the hubby. Maybe his abduction was a known person took him and then mom testified against that person?

I think her disappearing 2 years ago is not as big a deal. It sounds like it was not even a full day and maybe could be a result of them disagreeing and needing a little breather so she walks and he wakes up to her not being there and called police. She arrives home shortly after and all is well.
I agree. Her Facebook is public and she walks alot. She lives nature and being outside. Also a very social person. The lickdown seemed to be depressing her; however, a thought that occurred to me was that in walking so much and being a striking lady, perhaps some pervert noticed her that she rebuffed. I really hope it wasn't her family.

‘Your wife sent me to jail some years ago... I’m back'

This may have been commented on... but the phrasing "some years ago," reminds me of the way a couple of Eastern European (Poland and Hungary) friends of mine (English is not their first language) speak. In fact, a quick search through a Discord log found my Hungarian friend using the phrase "some 1,5 years ago" (we were talking about crypto).

Could be something. Could be nothing. No doubt the police are looking at all acquaintances.

I agree. Her Facebook is public and she walks alot. She lives nature and being outside. Also a very social person. The lickdown seemed to be depressing her; however, a thought that occurred to me was that in walking so much and being a striking lady, perhaps some pervert noticed her that she rebuffed. I really hope it wasn't her family.

o_O

According to police, the POI is someone with access to the house that haven't been spoken to yet. What does access mean in this context? Have they been to the house before? Do they have keys? Is it another relative? A handyman? A neighbor? A close friend of OG's? A relative's friend?

ETA: Apparently some news sources mentioned the type of connection, but I can't find it.

Last edited:
SO, after reading the article, it seems like OG went out to a show, then went to a bar and was waiting for 40 minutes alone...
Who was she waiting for ?
The perp came in via the back door - was OG near the back of the house and the person she was meant to meet came to her house because for whatever reason they missed meeting up at the bar. OG lets the person into the house - they go to the basement to talk because they know the 13 y/o is upstairs and they do not want to disturb him (this is all IMO) - what led to murder ?

yeah, this one is getting strange..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member