Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose if she had the gun in her hand when the airbags deployed, anything is possible in terms of how her hand and the gun might have been propelled backwards into her body.

But I trust the formal finding of suicide means they had some way to rule that out.
Every account I've read said her finger was still on the trigger. So it sounds like she was going to shoot the gun either at herself, CW, or LE.

This case is baffling in the sense that this woman had a good CO career and was due to retire. Then she gives it all up for this um nutter to put it mildly and an extremist as well. From all accounts she had a great career. Maybe she had a retirement crisis? How did this inmate sweet talk her into giving up her job and ultimately her life for him?

Since the release of the 911 audio, I’ve seen (on other sites) so many people doubting that she had really planned to end her life. I had the same thought. She sounds terrified and, to me, not like she’s contemplating suicide... However, yesterday wasn’t a dispatch audio released, where a woman says Vicky is on the phone saying she has her finger on the trigger? So that tells me she was at least thinking about it more than the second before it happened? IMOO

Does anyone have the link to that dispatch audio or know what I’m talking about?

Since the release of the 911 audio, I’ve seen (on other sites) so many people doubting that she had really planned to end her life. I had the same thought. She sounds terrified and, to me, not like she’s contemplating suicide... However, yesterday wasn’t a dispatch audio released, where a woman says Vicky is on the phone saying she has her finger on the trigger? So that tells me she was at least thinking about it more than the second before it happened? IMOO

Does anyone have the link to that dispatch audio or know what I’m talking about?
I heard that also. I thought maybe I was mistaken.

5/10/22--https://www.al.com/news/2022/05/vicky-whites-apparent-suicide-investigated-alabama-jailer-found-with-gun-in-her-hand-indiana-sheriff-says.html

Vicky White, assistant director of corrections at the Lauderdale County jail, had put in for retirement ahead of the escape, and the day of the breakout, April 29, was her last day of work.

A woman who worked with her for 16 years could barely speak through tears Tuesday.

“I know she did wrong and made a terrible mistake, but she’s still your friend,” longtime jail employee Sherry Sylvester said.

She said that White often tried to help prisoners, particularly ones without family. But Sylvester said she never saw White do anything that crossed the line: “She did everything by the book.”

Until she didn't... My condolences to VW's family and friends. It's very difficult to live with feeling betrayed and never having the opportunity to ask VW any questions. :(
Vicky White, assistant director of corrections at the Lauderdale County jail.
Did not know she was assistant director.!

[. ]

U.S. Marshal Marty Keely sprung the Gulf Coast Regional Fugitive Task Force into action. The fugitive hunters hit the streets and quickly started gathering leads.

Keely’s account of the 11-day search, in an interview with The Associated Press, is the most detailed and comprehensive account to date of the U.S. Marshals Service investigation in a nationwide manhunt that ended with Vicky White dead, Casey White back in custody and law enforcement agencies trying to piece together how the escape could have happened.

The task force received its first lead early in the investigation when a fellow jail worker reported that Vicky White had called them and asked the coworker to pick her up at an Academy Sports + Outdoors store in Florence, Alabama. White said she had locked her keys in her car and needed a ride to work, Keely said. The employee thought it was strange, they would later tell investigators, but wanted to help out a friend.

In the parking lot of the sporting goods store, investigators found Vicky White’s patrol car — the same vehicle in which she left the sheriff’s office hours earlier with a handcuffed Casey White in the backseat, according to Keely. It was also where surveillance video showed she had staged a getaway vehicle, an orange Ford Edge she had purchased just days before the escape with a fistful of cash.

[. ]

They also learned Vicky White left the jail with Casey White previously in what investigators believe was a dry run for the escape, two law enforcement officials told the AP. She’d taken him out of the jail for about 40 minutes, the officials said. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss details of the investigation

[. ]

Authorities scoured rural Tennessee looking for clues and showing photos of Vicky and Casey. They discovered a home with a few cars and trucks for sale on the lawn, Keely said. The homeowner instantly recognized a photo of Casey White and helped authorities piece together what had happened. He told investigators he sold White a Ford F-150 pickup truck for cash. The truck didn’t have license plates, but White didn’t care, the man told authorities.

“He says, ‘Yeah, I sold him a truck,’” Keely said of the homeowner. “And so, we learned that he sold him a truck the same day that they escaped from the Lauderdale County Correctional Facility. And it was just a few hours after they had escaped.”

During the sale, a woman in an orange Ford pulled up and the two drove off trailing one another, the man told authorities. And the homeowner provided one more clue — the pickup truck’s vehicle identification number, or VIN, according to Keely.

The body cam footage is intense. I’m curious why they took so long to get the gun out of her hand? Possibly they couldn’t reach it? I wonder if there’s any chance of a lawsuit against LE for not rendering aid faster. I don’t agree with that idea, but there’s always someone willing to sue these days. It appears LE knew she was not likely to survive.

I don’t think they could until they broke through a window.

That part of the audio has not been publicly released yet but the sheriff did confirm it, it’s mentioned in this CNN article: Casey White indicated he wanted a shootout, but wreck prevented it, sheriff says

“During the chase, Vicky White indicated during a call with police dispatchers that she had a gun, Wedding told CNN, hours before Tuesday's news conference.

In dispatch audio from Evansville police, a dispatcher noted during Monday's chase that "we could hear her on the line saying she had her finger on the trigger." The dispatcher earlier can be heard saying "they're calling into 911.”

<modsnip>

White's criminal history dates back a decade. Court documents alleged he beat his brother in the face and head with an axe-sledgehammer handle, landing him in prison in 2012 for more than three years.

Then in 2015, he carried out a crime spree including a home invasion, carjacking and a police chase, according to the Marshals Service. In March 2016, he was indicted on 15 counts and was ultimately convicted on seven of those counts, including attempted murder and robbery, according to Alabama records. He had been serving a 75-year prison sentence on those charges.

According to the Marshals Service, White allegedly threatened to kill his ex-girlfriend and her sister in 2015 if he got out of prison and said he wanted the police to kill him.

Josh Goan was one of the victims in the 2015 case. He said White broke into his truck, stole his firearm and then used the firearm to carjack his neighbor and the neighbor's infant baby. Goan was a witness in the trial and told CNN it was a surreal experience to see how little remorse White had.

This wasn't White's first attempt to escape, nor was it the first time he had gained the trust of correctional officials.

In 2020, while White was being held in Lauderdale County's detention center, authorities learned he planned to escape the jail and take a hostage, Singleton said.

Likewise, Casey White had previously gained the trust of officials of the Limestone County Sheriff's office.

"When he was in Limestone County after a little while he had earned the trust of the Sheriff's department at that time, and they allowed him to be a trustee inside the jail," Bryant told WAFF.

“He will literally do anything and everything, including killing, including kidnapping, including killing animals and putting children in danger, to get what he wants,” Charles Abernathy told The Post late Thursday.

“And of all people to escape, this dude is probably the worst level that you could possibly let escape.

“You’ve got like Manson and you’ve got friggin’ like Bundy and all these crazy people. He is on that level for me.”

Victim claims ‘hunter-like’ Casey White is on level of Charles Manson, Ted Bundy

Neighbors who knew him said he was quiet and often polite – but had "no moral checkpoint."

Who is Casey White, the escaped Alabama murder suspect?

Mr Singleton said no officers fired a shot during the car chase, and that Mr White showed “no remorse” over Ms White’s death.

Vicky White news - latest: Fugitive showed ‘no remorse’ over partner’s death in Evansville, police say

Last edited by a moderator:
5/10/22--https://www.al.com/news/2022/05/vicky-whites-apparent-suicide-investigated-alabama-jailer-found-with-gun-in-her-hand-indiana-sheriff-says.html

Vicky White, assistant director of corrections at the Lauderdale County jail, had put in for retirement ahead of the escape, and the day of the breakout, April 29, was her last day of work.

A woman who worked with her for 16 years could barely speak through tears Tuesday.

“I know she did wrong and made a terrible mistake, but she’s still your friend,” longtime jail employee Sherry Sylvester said.

She said that White often tried to help prisoners, particularly ones without family. But Sylvester said she never saw White do anything that crossed the line: “She did everything by the book.”

Until she didn't... My condolences to VW's family and friends. It's very difficult to live with feeling betrayed and never having the opportunity to ask VW any questions. :(
How sad for her coworkers. I'm sure it is difficult for them to believe.

Never underestimate what someone will do for love, or for what they think is love.

[. ]

U.S. Marshal Marty Keely sprung the Gulf Coast Regional Fugitive Task Force into action. The fugitive hunters hit the streets and quickly started gathering leads.

Keely’s account of the 11-day search, in an interview with The Associated Press, is the most detailed and comprehensive account to date of the U.S. Marshals Service investigation in a nationwide manhunt that ended with Vicky White dead, Casey White back in custody and law enforcement agencies trying to piece together how the escape could have happened.

The task force received its first lead early in the investigation when a fellow jail worker reported that Vicky White had called them and asked the coworker to pick her up at an Academy Sports + Outdoors store in Florence, Alabama. White said she had locked her keys in her car and needed a ride to work, Keely said. The employee thought it was strange, they would later tell investigators, but wanted to help out a friend.

In the parking lot of the sporting goods store, investigators found Vicky White’s patrol car — the same vehicle in which she left the sheriff’s office hours earlier with a handcuffed Casey White in the backseat, according to Keely. It was also where surveillance video showed she had staged a getaway vehicle, an orange Ford Edge she had purchased just days before the escape with a fistful of cash.

[. ]

They also learned Vicky White left the jail with Casey White previously in what investigators believe was a dry run for the escape, two law enforcement officials told the AP. She’d taken him out of the jail for about 40 minutes, the officials said. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss details of the investigation

[. ]

Authorities scoured rural Tennessee looking for clues and showing photos of Vicky and Casey. They discovered a home with a few cars and trucks for sale on the lawn, Keely said. The homeowner instantly recognized a photo of Casey White and helped authorities piece together what had happened. He told investigators he sold White a Ford F-150 pickup truck for cash. The truck didn’t have license plates, but White didn’t care, the man told authorities.

“He says, ‘Yeah, I sold him a truck,’” Keely said of the homeowner. “And so, we learned that he sold him a truck the same day that they escaped from the Lauderdale County Correctional Facility. And it was just a few hours after they had escaped.”

During the sale, a woman in an orange Ford pulled up and the two drove off trailing one another, the man told authorities. And the homeowner provided one more clue — the pickup truck’s vehicle identification number, or VIN, according to Keely.
The investigators interviewed family members and coworkers, examined financial and other records and learned from other inmates that Vicky White had a “special relationship” with Casey and the two were involved in a “jailhouse romance,” officials have said. Good article. So inmates knew.

Vicky White, assistant director of corrections at the Lauderdale County jail.
Did not know she was assistant director.!
It must have been powerful medicine for Casey that a highly respected assistant director of corrections found him extremely worthwhile as a person--I think the recent pictures of him after being arrested show a man silently grieving for a love lost--maybe for the first time.

They both had the foresight to know the money wasn't going to last, especailly VW since it was hers. Its possible they bought the items in Evansville. That's pretty risky though. If they did buy in Evansville then it was her doing the purchasing. I wonder if she was beginning to realize or had realized CW was a wrong choice and played her? As his true nature was coming forth. I mean in all honesty he was only nice to her because she had cash to spend on him. That's the reality of the situation. Once she ran out of cash it would be a horrific end for her. At least here she had the power to commit suicide and be done with life as she could not live as she did before in a comfortable manner that she was used to. Reality finally caught up with her so for VW the only way out was by suicide. What she fantasized romantically and what turned out were two opposites and only one being reality! Intially her selfishness (to the point of not caring what happened in the end) got her to do what she did.
Your opinion only. A lot of conclusions without evidence. And a lot of assumptions, too.

This pair have no defense for their actions. But we cannot read their minds, IMO.

And we are lacking a lot of detail at this point that we may never get. I am interested more in insight that can help prevent a similar criminal tragedy. JMO

It must have been powerful medicine for Casey that a highly respected assistant director of corrections found him extremely worthwhile as a person--I think the recent pictures of him after being arrested show a man silently grieving for a love lost--maybe for the first time.
Maybe. Misplaced love. I doubt he's grieving. What about the woman he murdered and the other case involving "suicide" they are reopening. LE said he showed no remorse. Disappointment maybe that the plan didn't work.

Your opinion only. A lot of conclusions without evidence. And a lot of assumptions, too.

This pair have no defense for their actions. But we cannot read their minds, IMO.

And we are lacking a lot of detail at this point that we may never get. I am interested more in insight that can help prevent a similar criminal tragedy. JMO
Well, at the same time one has to wonder what was going through her mind. But my assumption and opinion is based on the fact that her cash was dwindling away. So that brings to my mind a lot of the things I said in my post. I agree another tragedy should be avoided. But IMO something had to give eventually. So when did she think that would happen? Never? Impossible! IMO she wanted to believe CW was going to be her Knight in shining armour but when her money was going on keeping him happy I think she knew but maybe it was too late by that point and led to her demise in the chase. Remember they had 4 weapons with them. They were going to use them at some point if they had to. The fact that CW surrendered without a shootout IMO speaks to me that he did not want to die and had said that he did before on impulse. That is CW's reality he wanted to survive. At the last moment why not go out when its assured by an LE bullet (used to protect themselves and public) if he chose to do so but he did not. See the difference. MOO. She chose he did not. So there is definately a difference.

Gun shot wound to the forehead , I don’t know how that could be accidenta.
She’s holding the gun with her finger on the trigger, they’re speeding, they get hit, the airbags go off and they roll, gun could have easily gone off accidentally. Her chatter leading up to it doesn’t sound suicidal. I think Onstar called 911.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500