Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #145

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I don't think the bodies were moved a great distance. I think there was a lot of blood at the scene and that's the reason that TL was able to answer confidently that LE believes they were killed in the same place they were found, when he got that question (twice) in the Carroll County Comet interview.

After reading all of this information, the one thing I am sure of is that this isn't a "the girls made him mad" type of crime. This was something done for the offender's pleasure.

I agree with the latter 100%.

This was well-planned. Which is why I believe LE were spooked early on. The circumstances (location, ages of victims, etc) of the set of crimes involved indicates to me he planned it well in advance, a fantasy, like a lot of killers do.

I’m thinking that if RL is connected in any way to the murders as either the actual killer, an accomplise, or an aquaintaince, that could explain why no one saw a blood splattered person walking back to their car. The killer could have walked straight to RL’s house to clean up.
I think LE had that same thought. That's why they mention no one seeing someone with BG's description after the search began, implying he may have left via RL's property.

RL looks like BG, has no alibi, lies about his alibi, seems super sus but there is seemingly a lack of evidence indicating he’s the murderer.

Recently seems the FBI has stepped back their description of the killer to exclude BG. So maybe RL is BG as it looks, but he didn’t actually kill the girls but knew who did.

In the affidavit they mentioned something about only if evidence leads to his house and RL said “I don’t know”. So maybe he didn’t kill the girls but wouldn’t know how much evidence was linked back to his house.

Does anyone else feel like it is time for LE to address some of the things that have come to light?
Especially the situation with RL.
RL has passed and if he had nothing at all to do with the murders ( which, personally- I believe he is innocent ) they need to say it publicly for everyone to hear.

JMO

<modsnip>
No, RL was at the pizza place on February 27, drinking which is the 2nd probation violation.

“He also admitted to drinking an alcoholic beverage at Pizza King in Americus on February 27.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading the affidavit, here are my takeaways, as RL obviously didn't pan out as a suspect:
1. The aquarium alibi was probably related to him not being allowed to drive, and he thought it'd come up since he at least suspected the crime had happened in the afternoon.
2. He probably didn't bother with one for the transfer station because it was a much shorter trip that happened before the crime probably occurred.
3. Him being outside on his phone was probably due to being attracted by the search activity going on. Given how close he lived to the crime scene, he couldn't really help being 'in proximity' to it.
4. Given the emphasis on guns and knives, both of those implements were likely involved in some way in the murder. I'd be willing to bet the redaction in paragraph 4 is the word 'sharp'. 'Blunt' would fit too, but there's no request for blunt objects in the rest of the search warrant. Further, given the mention of him carrying a gun in a fanny pack, the video probably indicates the presence of a gun in some way.
I don't believe a big search party was happening at 3 or even at 4. I think it was a few family members looking when they didn't show up in the parking lot. I'd be willing to bet the larger search where he would likely hear people yelling for the girls didn't happen till closer to 5. I don't see how he would know he needed an alibi at this point unless he knew they were dead and when the critical time was that they went missing. I person without knowledge of the crime itself wouldn't know at that point that the girls were killed between 2 and 3 and certainly didn't know anyone was even looking for missing girls until closer to 5, if not later.

In response to point 1. He lied about when he went to the aquarium and asked his cousin to provide a false alibi for that time. That’s what is key, he went to the aquarium leaving a bit before 5 but said he left at 3, got his cousin to say he was with him at 3. This being before the girls were found dead.

If he had no knowledge of their murders then how did he know when he needed an alibi for?
Exactly

I think LE had that same thought. That's why they mention no one seeing someone with BG's description after the search began, implying he may have left via RL's property.

So maybe the alibi was not to distance himself from the crime itself, but instead to hide the fact that he gave someone a ride away from the scene?

The FBI agent's take on the video is that BG is "a White Male wearing a blue jacket, with a heavy physical build, wearing a cap and blue jeans". Does that settle the hat vs. hair debate?

Caution, graphic language is used in this post. This entire post is my opinion only.

Below is pasted a paragraph from the RL search warrant, which was linked in the news story at FBI agent believed clothing taken and bodies 'staged' in Delphi murders search warrant request

The search warrant states the girls "were found dead with wounds caused by a <redacted> weapon."

In my opinion, the word "blade" or as another poster suggested, "sharp" could be the redacted word. The size of the word "blade" and "sharp" is consistent with the size of the redaction, and information about the large amount of blood found at the crime scene would be consistent with the girls being stabbed/slashed to death by a knife. So I think the mystery of how the girls were killed can now be stated with a degree of certainty, despite LE's withholding the cause of death.

May the murderer be caught soon.

1652814118459.png

Last edited:
<snipped for focus>
4. Given the emphasis on guns and knives, both of those implements were likely involved in some way in the murder. I'd be willing to bet the redaction in paragraph 4 is the word 'sharp'. 'Blunt' would fit too, but there's no request for blunt objects in the rest of the search warrant. Further, given the mention of him carrying a gun in a fanny pack, the video probably indicates the presence of a gun in some way.

Good thinking on the redacted word. I also think its referring to a knife as it goes on to say that due to the nature of the victims' wounds, it is nearly certain the perp would have gotten blood on his clothes.

Gosh those poor girls. One would have seen the fate of the other. How horrifying.

The fact that in everything I have read states that no gunshot was heard or reported makes me think he used a gun just to subdue them and to march them thru the creek to the other side.

Also, since it shows that there was no evidence of either of the girls fighting back, my take on that is he cuffed them with rope (or more likely zip ties) so they couldn't fight back, then killed them with a big knife, maybe a hunting knife.

The other lesson for all of us here is the absence of knowledge of real evidence of what the police know makes us clueless as to how far ahead LE is of us. Some people are very fast in criticizing LE for not solving crimes, but in this case, you can see where everything in the affidavit led a reasonable person to think it was RL. RL was the prime suspect and for many reasons. The change in direction started to come when they could find no real evidence against RL for committing the actual murders and maybe there was ping evidence that he was not even close by (cell phone and video evidence) at the actual time of the murders.

I'm also guessing them arresting him on violation of his parole (driving and drinking) was a chance for him to give up the name of some other person staying on his property that he may have given a ride to. They leaned on him and gave him a chance to give up the name or person so as to not be prosecuted. He couldn't... or wouldn't do that.

Is it possible that RL did it, but LE could not find any evidence linking him to the crime????

This case makes me sicker and sicker at my stomach the more I think about those poor girls.

Last edited:
Caution, graphic language is used in this post. This entire post is my opinion only.

Below is pasted a paragraph from the RL search warrant, which was linked in the news story at FBI agent believed clothing taken and bodies 'staged' in Delphi murders search warrant request

The search warrant states the girls "were found dead with wounds caused by a <redacted> weapon."

In my opinion, the word "blade" or perhaps "bladed" was redacted. The size of the word "blade" is consistent with the size of the redaction, and information about the large amount of blood found at the crime scene would be consistent with the girls being stabbed/slashed to death by a knife. So I think the mystery of how the girls were killed can now be stated with a degree of certainty, despite LE's withholding the cause of death.

View attachment 344590
I agree. I think if he had a gun it was just used to scare them and get them to comply. I think the bladed weapon was unique and that is one thing they want to keep private because if they find it they will know it's the murder weapon. A gun would also draw attention from anyone out on/near the trails. I think of knives as causing a lot of bleeding also. I hope it was quick because I can't imagine the terror one of them felt seeing the other be killed (assuming if its one murderer with a bladed weapon then one would have had to see the other being killed :( )

In my opinion, the word "blade" or as another poster suggested, "sharp" could be the redacted word. The size of the word "blade" and "sharp" is consistent with the size of the redaction, and information about the large amount of blood found at the crime scene would be consistent with the girls being stabbed/slashed to death by a knife. So I think the mystery of how the girls were killed can now be stated with a degree of certainty, despite LE's withholding the cause of death.

View attachment 344590

I don't think the typeface size leaves enough room for either "blade" or "sharp." If there's a space before "weapon," which is likely due to proper grammar/formatting, there's room for only 3 or 4 letters at most. I think the proper nomenclature would have been "bladed." "Sharp" doesn't have enough space to fit, either. There's not enough room for "edged" which is another popular term for a weapon with a sharp cutting edge. I'd agree that the weapon probably was a bladed weapon, but I'm not sure of the redacted word. Perhaps it was some kind of LE acronym.

I don't think the typeface size leaves enough room for either "blade" or "sharp." If there's a space before "weapon," which is likely due to proper grammar/formatting, there's room for only 3 or 4 letters at most. I think the proper nomenclature would have been "bladed." "Sharp" doesn't have enough space to fit, either. There's not enough room for "edged" which is another popular term for a weapon with a sharp cutting edge. I'd agree that the weapon probably was a bladed weapon, but I'm not sure of the redacted word. Perhaps it was some kind of LE acronym.
Trying to compare the number of characters based on the letters and space below & above I think it could be 4 letters. “Dull”?

Also wanted to point out that this released document has the exact GPS coordinates of the crime scene, for those who always wonder if the place reported in MSM or by LE is exactly where it was or merely an estimate (or purposeful misstatement). I mapped it and it is approximately below the cemetery. On the satellite map I looked at, which of course is particular to the time it was captured and may not be representative of the day they were killed - it was very near shallow places in the creek. It's in the general place that most people assumed it was, but I know there has been debate on this point.

You got me curious, and I did the work. I copied the paragraph into GIMP, and cut and pasted individual letters from the same document with what I thought was appropriate spacing. This is what I came up with. I think you're right, it should be "bladed" rather than blade, but it looks to me like blade fits.

Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 4.22.22 PM.png

You got me curious, and I did the work. I copied the paragraph into GIMP, and cut and pasted individual letters from the same document with what I thought was appropriate spacing. This is what I came up with. I think you're right, it should be "bladed" rather than blade, but it looks to me like blade fits.

View attachment 344605
Too many spaces to be 'firearm' in any event. It could also be 'blunt', but my money in on 'blade'.

No worries, I did too. Until yesterday I always thought RL had a solid alibi and thought he was just some big coincidence red herring who looked like BG. Now I’m questioning everything.
Especially after reading bout Brittanee Drexel’s murderer. In short, a POI from 2010 just confessed and led LE to her body, after a major crime gang was believed to be the culprit for the last 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael C Vang