VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any evidence of this blackmail letter that AH’s atty allegedly sent JD prior to her filing the TRO? I’ve seen this mentioned but not sure where the info is from. I don’t recall JD testifying to it.

I’m really curious what prompted her to stage the TRO? In the post-TRO recorded meeting, she says she felt like his team forced her hand and she was trying to get leverage. And he says he’ll talk to them. His tone on that audio was so conciliatory, considering she had publicly announced he beat her.

Is there any evidence of this blackmail letter that AH’s atty allegedly sent JD prior to her filing the TRO? I’ve seen this mentioned but not sure where the info is from. I don’t recall JD testifying to it.

I’m really curious what prompted her to stage the TRO? In the post-TRO recorded meeting, she says she felt like his team forced her hand and she was trying to get leverage. And he says he’ll talk to them. His tone on that audio was so conciliatory, considering she had publicly announced he beat her.

I referred to it as a "blackmail letter" but this is what I'm talking about:

Jurors on Wednesday were shown a letter (pictured) Heard's attorney had sent to Depp's legal team in May 2016, just a few days after the actress filed to end their marriage following a fight at their home. Through her lawyer, Heard, 36, issued a list of financial and property demands, with the Aquaman star promising to 'keep this matter out of the spotlight' if her requests were granted.

In an article linked here earlier today, a woman with dark hair who is seen everyday with Johnny's team was misidentified as Camille Vasquez. Does anyone know who she is? sorry I cannot seem to find the post/picture

I have seen her in the court in one of the front seats on Johnny's side and also when Johnny arrives to the courthouse everyday, she can be seen getting out of the big vehicle with his bodyguards.

Thank you! Hm so he ended up paying 14 mil in the divorce settlement but by that point the cat was outta the bag. She had already defamed him. It seems like the stuff she asked for in that letter would’ve been cheaper but then I don’t know how much those penthouses are worth. And I guess he didn’t have Waldman advising him then. It’s so important to have the right people advising you and he’s too strung out or high to pay attention to these things.

Why didn’t he put out a statement refuting her claims right then and there? I’d be asking myself that very question if I were on this jury. Instead he goes to meet with her and sounds way too calm about the fact that the world thinks he’s a wifebeater in the height of me too no less. What am I missing here?

I'm sure others could do a better job with this partial 2016 timeline (and it still may contain errors but I tried ;))
ETA: If anyone wants to add/change/correct/redo - please feel free!

May 20 2016
JD's mother (removed from life support) passes away
JD tells AH he plans to file for divorce

May 21 2016 (Set-up by AH #1)
JD goes to penthouse he shares with AH to discuss divorce and he plans to gather belongings
(his crew posted outside door)
JD & AH quarrel about the birthday "grumpy"
Murphy is called and whatever he says makes AH angry
T-W is called and remains on phone
RP somehow appears in penthouse (unseen by JD's crew outside PH door)
AH alleges JD hit her with phone
JD says he tossed phone onto couch
RP alleges she is protecting AH
JD (with crew) leaves
T-W calls 911, RP calls 911
Two sets of officers arrive and do not see evidence of DV (none shown on body cam from one set of officers)
Isaac Baruch sees/communicates with AH and/or pals during this time and he sees no marks (redness nor bruising) on AH's face

May 22 2016
AH has locks changed
Franco spends evening with AH

May 23 2016
AH files for divorce

May 24 2016
AH atty's send JD "blackmail" letter (give me penthouses, vehicle, etc and I won't mention violence)
JD will not agree to be blackmailed
AH confronts Housekeeper(Vargas) at Sweetzer address about birthday "grumpy", Vargas saw no marks on AH's face

May 26/27 2016
JD leaves for NY and on to Europe with Hollywood Vampires tour

May 27 2016
AH files for TRO (with publicity) (Set-up by AH #2)
Approx 3 wks later - AH complains to JD that she only has 21 days to be out of penthouse - JD tells her to take 2-3+ months to move - just call off "the dogs"
**Somewhere from May 23 to May 27 - AH leaks info to TMZ

July 2016
AH begs him to meet (breaking TRO) and when they do, AH shouts at him, "tell people you're the victim... see who they believe, etc"

August 2016
AH and JD agree on a divorce settlement amount with JD giving AH $7 million (Divorce finalized Jan 2017)
AH declares she will donate the $7 million to charity

Related Links

Last edited:
An interesting article from the time of the UK trial (2020). A prominent MeToo activist who was upset The Sun completely misquoted her.

Actress and MeToo activist to give evidence in Depp libel trial

“I have heard SEVERAL times that she was in fact abusive to him. He’s never been a convicted ‘wife beater’.

"It seems that the whole article was about defaming him. I said over and over that I didn’t KNOW that he had caused her harm.

“Even a picture only makes it ‘seem’ so. I’m telling you that you misquoted me and intentionally took things I said out of context in what I now realise was your purpose in defaming Johnny Depp.

“I told you I have heard Amber Heard hit him, which is why as you know I don’t condone ‘any’ violence. You have improperly tried to use the #MeToo movement for your purposes by using me in this way.”

Thank you! Hm so he ended up paying 14 mil in the divorce settlement but by that point the cat was outta the bag. She had already defamed him. It seems like the stuff she asked for in that letter would’ve been cheaper but then I don’t know how much those penthouses are worth. And I guess he didn’t have Waldman advising him then. It’s so important to have the right people advising you and he’s too strung out or high to pay attention to these things.

Why didn’t he put out a statement refuting her claims right then and there? I’d be asking myself that very question if I were on this jury. Instead he goes to meet with her and sounds way too calm about the fact that the world thinks he’s a wifebeater in the height of me too no less. What am I missing here?

I don't think he wanted to draw more attention to allegations (JMO)

In an article linked here earlier today, a woman with dark hair who is seen everyday with Johnny's team was misidentified as Camille Vasquez. Does anyone know who she is? sorry I cannot seem to find the post/picture

I have seen her in the court in one of the front seats on Johnny's side and also when Johnny arrives to the courthouse everyday, she can be seen getting out of the big vehicle with his bodyguards.

I thought the same thing... that's not CV in photo! Maybe a personal assistant, like the woman who accompanies AH.

And to think, she might have had to potentially keep meeting Amber there… had she not said please send some one else, Mr. Johnny, I can’t do it anymore… Remember this was after he left the penthouses never to return, as per the Eastern Columbia employees.

She confronted her at the West Hollywood home .. can you imagine the nerve of her going to that house on May 24th .. what was that? 3 days after the supposed phone being chucked at her face? Is this also the day that she filed for divorce?

Is it Joelle Rich? One of JD's lawyers from the UK trial. I could be wrong.

It was this artical

'Sure looks like her!

Depp Heard Lawsuit

Joelle Rich, of Schillings in London, right, walks into courtroom along with actor Johnny Depp after a break at the Fairfax County Circuit Courthouse in Fairfax, Va., Monday, May 2, 2022.

Sure looks like the same lady who has been attending court. Partner in a London based Law Firm

Are you saying celebrities can't be victims of DV, because they have money and aren't trapped?

I get Amber was probably the aggressor in this situation, which then begs the question - Why didn't Depp leave sooner?

I'm sure you're aware that it's a lot more deep rooted than being able to just walk out of the door.

Rihanna and Whitney H, are just two that come to mind, and I'm sure there are others.
I know it's complicated. And as I said, if he had slapped her in anger, or vice versa, I totally understand why someone deeply in love or someone in a co-dependent relationship might stay, in spite of the altercations.

But if it is true, that he assaulted her with a whiskey bottle, then it makes no sense to me that she slept there that night and made him coffee the next morning. She had plenty of places to escape to and plenty of friends and family to help her if she was truly afraid for her life, as she claims. JMO

And Yes, I guess I do believe that people with money are 'less trapped' by DV situation than someone with no means to escape. I know it is complicated by their emotional morass, but they do have more options than a poverty stricken young mother might have. JMO

Sure looks like the same lady who has been attending court. Partner in a London based Law Firm
Yes! that sounds about right.

I think this also means she works with David Sherborne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes