VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO they said the jury will get the case on Friday. They didn’t say it has to be 9am on Friday…

But will trial go on through Friday? My understanding is that it’s Monday-Thursday. I know the attorneys work on Friday.

Heard's attorney rapidly glanced at Amber with an excited face when this witness said he only interacted for a total of about 45 minutes to an hour during the evening under question.

Amber's face didn't flinch.

Imo

But will trial go on through Friday? My understanding is that it’s Monday-Thursday. I know the attorneys work on Friday.
All I know is what they said on CourtTV today (get it on Friday), plus my own personal experience as a juror in another state - once the case rests, the jury gets it for deliberations, whatever time of day that is.

CourtTV has been wrong and made me look stupid before though, lol.

My understanding is that closing arguments will be heard on Friday - 4 hours for each side, IIRC. Jury instructions will be given on Friday, as well. Due to the holiday weekend, the jury will not begin deliberating until next Tuesday.

Sky News

Hicksville Trailer Palace

The next witness is Morgan Knight, who is being questioned by Johnny Depp's lawyer Camille Vasquez. Mr Knight previously owned Hicksville Trailer Palace, where Depp and Amber Heard stayed in June 2013. He sold the trailer park in 2020, and now owns another bed and breakfast establishment in Idlewild, Michigan.

He explains that was often the live in manager at Hicksville, and would bring supplies and build up the business. He would stay in a house on site when he was working at the trailer park.

Mr Knight says he had previously briefly met Depp at The Viper Room - a nightclub Depp previously owned on Sunset Strip. He says he had not met Heard previously.

He tells the court Depp initially got lost finding the site, and so he went to find them. He says Depp seemed "in a good mood" when he arrived, while Heard "seemed quiet". He says the couple had hired the whole site, and were staying on the grounds with Heard's sister and a group of friends.

Mr Knight says he first gave Depp and Heard a tour, and that lots of people were hanging around the bar trailer and the firepit area. He says Depp "was super curious and really nice" and also very interested in the innkeeper "as she was a musician". He says the innkeeper - who he says was called Jenna - went home to get her guitar, and played with Depp around the campfire. He describes Heard as "being annoyed" about this, and "interjecting". He says Heard "seemed to be having a nice time with her friends", but later saw the actress take Depp to one side and heard her "yelling at [Depp]". He says he found the situation "triggering" and tried to go somewhere where he couldn't hear the shouting. He says Depp "was cowering, and almost afraid".

describing AH's demeanor as triggery his gut reaction was not good

He saw JD interacting with others that evening. AH annoyed she didn't have his full attention. He spent time by himself and with his bodyguards.

AH appeared to be having a good time around the campfire with her friends. Everyone was in a pretty good mood. At some point he saw AH and JD have a disagreement. AH came over and she said "I want to talk to you" to JD and seemed very upset about something. Knight removed himself and then she went off on JD and started yelling at him. Knight was uncomfortable and found it triggering because he's been in an abusive relationship before. Abuse comment was stricken from the record.

He didn't witness anyone taking drugs. Later that night he heard a commotion. It was AH and JD having a loud discussion about who knows what. Everyone went to bed, he heard nothing else that night.

Next mornings, checkout was noon at that time.

EB objects, doesn't want the witness to testify re damages to trailer. sidebar.

My understanding is that closing arguments will be heard on Friday - 4 hours for each side, IIRC. Jury instructions will be given on Friday, as well. Due to the holiday weekend, the jury will not begin deliberating until next Tuesday.
I thought they said 2 hours apiece for deliberations; 4 hours total?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HOLLYMOORE73