TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was SR still working at Wendy’s?
Depends on the source. DM says he recently quit -- telling a co-worker he didn't need the money. However, CNN interviewed the manager and she did not say say anything about him no longer employed there:

11:06 p.m. ET, May 24, 2022

Shooter worked at a local Wendy's​

From CNN's Jeff Winter

Uvalde school shooter Salvador Ramos worked the day shift at a local Wendy’s, a manager at the restaurant told CNN.
Adrian Mendes, evening manager at the Wendy's, said Ramos "kept to himself mostly."
"He felt like the quiet type, the one who doesn't say much. He didn't really socialize with the other employees,” Mendes said.
"He just worked, got paid, and came in to get his check."
Mendes didn't know Ramos on a personal level and didn't see him most of the time because they were on different shifts, he said. Ramos worked from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. or 5 p.m., five days a week, and was already working there when Mendes started in February, he said.

It’s possible he bought the ammo online. He could buy as much as he wanted and have it shipped directly to him. No one would know aside from the seller and perhaps the delivery person. No driver’s license or help needed.
Can you do that? I thought you had to be 18 to buy ammo. I really have no experience with this.
Where did he hide the guns and ammo in that small house?
I have wondered that and how did he have access to them so quickly after he shot his grandmother? He must have loaded the truck first and then shot her. JMO

I want to post it separately. In the ancient town of Miletus, there was once an epidemic of suicides among older adolescent girls. The elders got together and said: “we can’t change you behavior, but the next one who does it, will be brought to the burial place, through the city, naked”. The suicides stopped. No one wants to be humiliated after death.
What I want to offer must be horribly cruel, as school shooters doesn’t have good life. But - if anyone goes hard to humiliate them, posthumously, and not heroise, in the eyes of the society, maybe, them going after the most vulnerable will stop. (It is bad, because it is the form of bullying, and they were bullied. But going after the most vulnerable, they crossed the pale… only aversive attitude would work).

I know that a lot has been missed with the Columbine. In the 15 years of gag order and lawsuits, EH and DK got this glow. The dead always looks heroic. But what it we uploaded all that DK (“Vodka”) sent to other gamers? What if we explain why he, in fact, followed EH? It was not for shooting… what if we get deep into their personal life? It will be horrible for the parents who are suffering, but in their name, other school shootings are performed. They did not kill their bullies. They killed KV, a boy with learning disabilities. And IS, who was AA, and DK called him n-word before shooting. If we get to the core, poor Susan, a good woman, raised a horrible, racist, sadistic kid. I am not even starting with EH.

Psychiatrists know about Lanza. Pour it all out.

I think we have to bring the “heroes” down, and hard. I feel compassion because SR was bullied - but were he a macho, he’d go after his offenders, not 10-year-old kids. I am trying to protect against bullies, always, as much as I can, but there is a line that no one can cross.

DPS Director McCraw shut down and/or discredited this rumored allegation at his press conference last Friday. It was US Rep Gonzales that tweeted this information without first vetting, and naturally -- it took off like wildfire.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we have to bring the “heroes” down, and hard. I feel compassion because SR was bullied - but were he a macho, he’d go after his offenders, not 10-year-old kids. I am trying to protect against bullies, always, as much as I can, but there is a line that no one can cross. ^^rsbbm
Anymore, I'm becoming concerned that alleging being bullied has become vogue to excuse bad behavior, and therefore, I think it important to exercise caution here and not be quick to accept SR's bullying allegations as fact -- especially when others are telling otherwise.

IMO, SR alleging he'd been bullied because he had a speech impediment and did not have designer clothes, sounds to me more like manipulative behavior used with his parents and grandparents to both enable his sense of entitlement, and excuse dropping out of school. I think he probably used the same to play the sympathy card to avoid any discussion about other red flag behavior.

More important, SR, a sociopath, didn't target his alleged bullies on Tuesday. Instead, he massacred innocent children and targeted his own grandmother that welcomed him in her small home-- where she brought in a mattress for the living room floor to accommodate him and took him out to dinner on his birthday.

Ivan, a classmate who has known SR since grade school went to ABC specifically to speak out against claims SR was bullied.

We previously learned how SR would ride around in cars and shoot at animals with his bb gun. Ivan is also one more person to share how SR tortured animals. MOO See YT below:

Uvalde High School Senior describes what Salvador Ramos was like before the mass shooting​

Ivan, a former classmate of the shooter wants the world to know the truth about the shooter -- confirming what most of us already know -- typical mass shooter profile-- right down to torturing animals.

Last edited:
Anymore, I'm becoming concerned that alleging being bullied has become vogue to excuse bad behavior, and therefore, I think it important to exercise caution here and not be quick to accept SR's bullying allegations as fact -- especially when others are telling otherwise.

IMO, SR alleging he'd been bullied because he had a speech impediment and did not have designer clothes, sounds to me more like manipulative behavior used with his parents and grandparents to both enable his sense of entitlement, and excuse dropping out of school. I think he probably used the same to play the sympathy card to avoid any discussion about other red flag behavior.

More important, SR, a sociopath, didn't target his alleged bullies on Tuesday. Instead, he massacred innocent children and targeted his own grandmother that welcomed him in her small home-- where she brought in a mattress for the living room floor to accommodate him and took him out to dinner on his birthday.

Ivan, a classmate who has known SR since grade school went to ABC specifically to speak out against claims SR was bullied. MOO

Ivan is also one more person to share how SR tortured animals. See YT below:
Exactly. Also from his co-workers statements he was more of the bully, imo. The Uvalde gunman's co-workers nicknamed him 'school shooter' before the attack that killed 21 people

Bringing this forward from earlier threads:

ADMIN NOTE:

Stick to discussing the specifics of THIS case. This thread is not the place for general gun control discussion or debate.

Do not introduce the emotional, political, hot-button topic of gun control in general. It leads nowhere other than to ultimately derail the thread.

Tricia kept gun control discussion off Websleuths for a long time and even tried opening a gun control debate thread. Six month later, six threads later, the discussion was stopped because as usual it led to bickering among members. Gun control legislation is never going to be resolved through discussion at Websleuths.

The law right now is what the law is. Members may discuss those laws as they relate to this case specifically (i.e. what are the current laws that relate to this case, to the killer, how was he able to ...). Other posts and opinions that attempt to take this thread into the future political realm of what should or should not be will be removed and members may experience a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

If you value your participation in this thread, please do not introduce general gun control debate.

Thank you.

Ivan, a classmate who has known SR since grade school went to ABC specifically to speak out against claims SR was bullied.

We previously learned how SR would ride around in cars and shoot at animals with his bb gun. Ivan is also one more person to share how SR tortured animals. MOO See YT below:
Whose car did he ride around in?

This isn’t going to be a popular post but I’ve been thinking it for a long time and this post reminded me.

It’s time we teach our kids how to deal with being bullied.

Hear me out. Of course we need to stop bullying, we need to find and punish bullies. It should not happen. Period. But if and when it does, because it will always happen, the default response can’t be shooting up an elementary school. Not every kid gets the expensive clothes they want, not every kid is popular with lots of friends, some kids have disabilities that set them apart from their classmates, most teenagers should be contributing to the expensive gadgets they want Teach them the skills to move past life not being perfect and not having everything they want. Don’t give up, drop out of school and murder ten year olds.

Whose car did he ride around in?
I'd say vehicle ownership is irrelevant -- this is about SR's behavior! There are numerous soundbites given to various networks by former, unidentified friends from junior high, before SR became more isolated and dropped out of school, who have repeated the same stories about SR riding around late at night with the bb gun, egging cars, picking fights in the park, slashing his face, etc. Some of these kids said they played call of duty (video game) with him. MOO

I want to post it separately. In the ancient town of Miletus, there was once an epidemic of suicides among older adolescent girls. The elders got together and said: “we can’t change you behavior, but the next one who does it, will be brought to the burial place, through the city, naked”. The suicides stopped. No one wants to be humiliated after death.
What I want to offer must be horribly cruel, as school shooters doesn’t have good life. But - if anyone goes hard to humiliate them, posthumously, and not heroise, in the eyes of the society, maybe, them going after the most vulnerable will stop. (It is bad, because it is the form of bullying, and they were bullied. But going after the most vulnerable, they crossed the pale… only aversive attitude would work).

I know that a lot has been missed with the Columbine. In the 15 years of gag order and lawsuits, EH and DK got this glow. The dead always looks heroic. But what it we uploaded all that DK (“Vodka”) sent to other gamers? What if we explain why he, in fact, followed EH? It was not for shooting… what if we get deep into their personal life? It will be horrible for the parents who are suffering, but in their name, other school shootings are performed. They did not kill their bullies. They killed KV, a boy with learning disabilities. And IS, who was AA, and DK called him n-word before shooting. If we get to the core, poor Susan, a good woman, raised a horrible, racist, sadistic kid. I am not even starting with EH.

Psychiatrists know about Lanza. Pour it all out.

I think we have to bring the “heroes” down, and hard. I feel compassion because SR was bullied - but were he a macho, he’d go after his offenders, not 10-year-old kids. I am trying to protect against bullies, always, as much as I can, but there is a line that no one can cross.

Take away the ability for other teens to hero-worship them.

I'd say vehicle ownership is irrelevant -- this is about SR's behavior! There are numerous soundbites given to various networks by former, unidentified friends from junior high, before SR became more isolated and dropped out of school, who have repeated the same stories about SR riding around late at night with the bb gun, egging cars, picking fights in the park, slashing his face, etc. Some of these kids said they played call of duty (video game) with him. MOO
Self harming (cutting his face) was a sign of trying to cope with overwhelming difficult emotions.
Just as picking fights.

It was obvious, he couldn't deal with ever increasing aggression and frustration.

5/28/22

The police response to the Texas school massacre was led by the chief of a six-officer police department that oversees about eight schools. The first officers on the scene were from the Uvalde city police force, which has a part-time SWAT team and about 40 officers on the payroll.

Policing experts said it makes sense that the school police chief was in charge, given that it was his campus and he knows the safety protocols.

But authorities made clear Friday that many other things went wrong as those small police departments were joined by state, local and federal law enforcement agencies in the town of 16,000. Officers waited nearly an hour inside Robb Elementary School before a group stormed into the classroom and confronted 18-year-old Salvador Rolando Ramos. At that point, police say, officers with Customs and Border Protection shot and killed the gunman, who had slain 19 children and two teachers and wounded 17 others.

[..]

An off-duty Border Patrol tactical agent was the first to arrive outside the classroom and “basically said let’s get this done,” according to a U.S. Customs and Border Protection official who spoke on condition of anonymity to share preliminary details of the investigation. “They have not told me they were frustrated,” the official said of other border patrol agents who converged. “But they told me it was hard to discern who was in charge.”

[..]

The Texas legislature in 2019 approved a measure that required such training for all school police officers. The curriculum teaches officers about Columbine and the shift in police response tactics since then, as well as the mass shooting at a high school in Parkland, Fla., in 2018. It notes that an armed school resource officer remained outside the Parkland high school rather than confronting the gunman, bringing criticism upon himself and his department.

[..]

Rogelio Martin Muñoz, an Uvalde defense attorney and former city council member, said Friday that Uvalde “isn’t one of these communities where you have the distrust between the police and the populace. There isn’t an issue of police violence, police brutality. The criticism is more about that they just don’t do a very good job.”

“I’m not saying I take that position,” Muñoz added. “They’re people that are trying to do a good job that are probably underpaid.”

Sara Spector, who worked as a prosecutor in Uvalde about a decade ago, said officers in the area tend to be both underpaid and undertrained. “They’re asked to do something that you would expect to see out of a New York Police Department or a Dallas Police Department.” said Spector, who is now an attorney in Midland, Texas. But “It’s a different world, especially as you get into less affluent rural communities.”

5/30/22

The gathering for 10-year-old Amerie Jo Garza was at Hillcrest Memorial Funeral Home in Uvalde, Texas, directly across from the grade school where the children, along with two teachers, were shot to death on Tuesday before the gunman himself was killed. Visitation for another 10-year-old, Maite Rodriguez, was at the town’s other funeral home.

Robb Elementary survivor says shooter entered auditorium, asked students to come out from hiding​

Another witness account by 9-year-old Eliana Fierro that learned at lunch they were in a lockdown, and the class went into drill mode, lights turned off, and the kids hid behind the stage curtain when they heard SR's voice creepily ask: little children, come out. Eliana said she knew instinctively that this voice was not the police but the bad man. :(

Seems the killer had time to roam down the hall before LE arrived.

Last edited:
o_O :( :( :( :( Just saw a clip with Mrs. Santos, the lunch lady, that now sits vigil at the Robb Elementary memorial shrine where she hands out bottled water to the passerbys. She too was present when the gunman massacred the little children so close to her heart. Thinking of our own lunch lady that knew all of our names, and that we also loved. A constant reminder of how many victims there are of this evil act by one man. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member