Still Missing CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 *husband arrested* #5

I remember when Maya first went missing. Maya's FB page had tons of pics of her with her children. There were lots of pics of them having fun. You could see the love between Maya and her children. She was so vibrant and so alive, and they looked up to her. She loved them and they loved being with her.

Then, LM took those pics down, and he and his parents started saying she wasn't around for her kids. They want us to believe she never did all those fun things with her children, and they say she abandoned them. The children are left missing her forever, and in such doubt and confusion.

Maya needs to be found, please let that happen. Who and what happened to her needs to be revealed. As sad as it is, those children need some closure. They need to know Maya didn't desert them. Please I pray they find Maya soon.

A pic is worth a thousand words.

Help Find Maya

As we get closer to the end of the school year, Maya is going to miss attending her children's awards ceremonies -- events that she attended proudly and religiously.

1653882033343.png

We've attended a lot of activities with GK's end of year school fun. I'm so very sad to be reminded of Maya's children's loss. It's just so tragic and unnecessary, I hope LM suffers when he's finally sent to prison.

Last edited:
Thursday, June 9th:
*Preliminary Exam Readiness Hearing (re murder) (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - *May “Maya” Millete (39) (last seen @ home on Jan. 7, 2021, near San Miguel Ranch area, Chula Vista & reported missing Jan. 9, 2021 by her sister; not found). *Larry Ibarreta Millete (40) charged (10/18/21), arrested (10/19/21) & arraigned (10/21/21) with murder. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Denied bail (11/4/21).
*Larry Millete (39/now 40) regarding gun violence restraining order on possession of guns (1/7/21) <<temporary GVRO in place against Millete was dissolved 12/1/21. Plead not guilty.
Case & court info from 1/7/21 thru 2/28/22 reference post #226 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-7-jan-2021-husband-arrested-5.600342/page-12

4/25/22 Update: Guardianship: Maricris Drouaillet, sister of Maya will file a petition in court next week to assume guardianship for the children. Drouaillet argues that the children's mother, Maya, is still missing & their father is in prison. According to court documents, Drouaillet wants to offer a stable home. The court ordered psychological care for the Millete children to help process the loss of their mother & the incarceration of their father. The court authorized visits from Drouillet & other family members in November 2021. Next hearing mid-July.
5/10/22 Update: Benito Leo & Judith I. Millete the parents of Larry Millete have filed a lawsuit against Chula Vista Police & the City of Chula Vista alleging violation of civil rights & intentional infliction of mental distress. In the lawsuit, the Milletes claim police left the family traumatized when they executed a search warrant at the home on May 7, 2021. Murder: preliminary exam readiness hearing on 5/12/22 & preliminary examination reset on 6/27/22.
5/12/22 Update: Murder: Judge confirmed the CPO (Criminal Protective Order) is for the 3 children only. No electronic/video contact is allowed by Millete with his children or anyone else, just his lawyer. And cannot discuss the children with his parents if/when they visit him. Next status conference hearing on 6/9/22 @ 1:30pm, which was changed to a preliminary exam readiness hearing @ 8:30am & preliminary examination hearing on 6/27/22.

Too late for me to edit my post above - just got this - just a time change

THE FOLLOWING EVENT(S) HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM CASE CS319857:

The event "Preliminary Exam Readiness" scheduled for Jun 9 2022 8:30AM at the San Diego Superior Court, South County Division, South County Regional Center in department 9 has been Vacated.

THE FOLLOWING EVENT(S) HAVE BEEN ADDED FOR CASE CS319857:

Preliminary Exam Readiness scheduled for Jun 9 2022 1:30PM at the San Diego Superior Court, South County Division, South County Regional Center in Department 9.

Too late for me to edit my post above - just got this - just a time change

The event "Preliminary Exam Readiness" scheduled for Jun 9 2022 8:30AM at the San Diego Superior Court, South County Division, South County Regional Center in department 9 has been Vacated.

Preliminary Exam Readiness scheduled for Jun 9 2022 1:30PM at the San Diego Superior Court, South County Division, South County Regional Center in Department 9.
Just a time change -- we can do that standing on our heads @Niner! ;)
Continuances are the killer...Thanks for the update.

Case Against Husband of Missing May ‘Maya’ Millete Halted As Attorney Questions Competence​

The court suspended criminal proceedings Thursday in the case of a Chula Vista man accused of killing his wife, who remains missing more than 18 months after her disappearance.

The defense attorney for Larry Millete, 40, expressed doubts regarding her client’s competency to stand trial, leading San Diego Superior Court Judge Dwayne K. Moring to call for an evaluation of the defendant.

Case Against Husband of Missing May ‘Maya’ Millete Halted As Attorney Questions Competence​

The court suspended criminal proceedings Thursday in the case of a Chula Vista man accused of killing his wife, who remains missing more than 18 months after her disappearance.

The defense attorney for Larry Millete, 40, expressed doubts regarding her client’s competency to stand trial, leading San Diego Superior Court Judge Dwayne K. Moring to call for an evaluation of the defendant.
Really? His attorney now questions his competence after all this time? Maybe Larry finally sees the writing the wall and is feigning to slow things down, ala-Lori Vallow ...

from article:
A hearing regarding his competency is set for Aug. 29 at the downtown San Diego courthouse.

Update for Guardinaship hearing.

Case Information
Case Number: 37-2021-00046499-PR-GP-CTL Date Filed: 11/02/2021
Case Title: Guardianship Of L M Millete, M Millete, and L T Millete
Case Status: Pending

Future Events
Event Date Event Time Location Event Type
08/03/2022 10:30 AM 503 Probate Case Management Conference - Petition for Appointment of Guardian of Minor(s) - Competing Petition

08/03/2022 10:30 AM 503 Motion Hearing (Probate) - Motion - Other

08/03/2022 10:30 AM 503 Probate Case Management Conference - Petition for Appointment of Guardian of Minor(s) - Person Only

link: https://roa.sdcourt.ca.gov/roa/faces/CaseSearch.xhtml

edited to add: I changed the kids names to initials - didn't realize that their names were listed.

I actually thought I read something different.
Thought it’s because his attorney was not competent.JMO but she always seems to be unsure & looking to him.
I wonder if LM’s attorney is using the defense that L was transported into another galaxy. It said there in that galaxy it was okay to do harm. No worries.

Yeah I agree it sounds like Lori.
Stall. Fake it til you make it….

MOO

Last edited:
Just good grief , at least he’s still behind bars the dudes not incompetent he’s just a evil bugger. I hope maya’s family can get the children sooner rather then later. There will be justice it just may take a while thanks to Larry’s jerk move. Jmoo

for murder case - I received this in an email.

District Attorney Case Notification <DistrictAttorneyCaseNotification@sdcda.org>

10:46 AM (37 minutes ago)

to me

The event "Preliminary Exam" scheduled for Jun 27 2022 8:30AM at the San Diego Superior Court, South County Division, South County Regional Center in department 9 has been Vacated.

Felony PC 1368 Competency Hearing scheduled for Aug 29 2022 1:30PM at the San Diego Superior Court, Central Division, Central Courthouse in Department 1203.

for murder case - I received this in an email.

District Attorney Case Notification <DistrictAttorneyCaseNotification@sdcda.org>

10:46 AM (37 minutes ago)

to me

The event "Preliminary Exam" scheduled for Jun 27 2022 8:30AM at the San Diego Superior Court, South County Division, South County Regional Center in department 9 has been Vacated.

Felony PC 1368 Competency Hearing scheduled for Aug 29 2022 1:30PM at the San Diego Superior Court, Central Division, Central Courthouse in Department 1203.

Just, a reminder that once the court orders a competency hearing, the clock stops, and no proceedings can continue until either the defendant is evaluated and deemed competent to continue, or is treated until competency restored.

Just, a reminder that once the court orders a competency hearing, the clock stops, and no proceedings can continue until either the defendant is evaluated and deemed competent to continue, or is treated until competency restored.

Does that include the Guardianship hearing on 8/3/22? TIA! :)

I actually thought I read something different.
Thought it’s because his attorney was not competent.
JMO but she always seems to be unsure & looking to him.
I wonder if LM’s attorney is using the defense that L was transported into another galaxy. It said there in that galaxy it was okay to do harm. No worries.

Yeah I agree it sounds like Lori.
Stall. Fake it til you make it….

MOO ^^bbm
From the heading of the news article:

Case Against Husband of Missing May ‘Maya’ Millete Halted As Attorney Questions Competence

i.e., Halted as Attorney Questions [defendant's] competency.

Defense counsel (Martinez) has probably informed the court that LM is unable to assist in his own defense and that she's unable to communicate with him.

A doctor will examine Millete to determine his mental fitness. A defendant is deemed mentally incompetent to stand trial if they are unable to understand the nature of the criminal proceedings or assist their attorney in their defense.
[..]
A hearing regarding his competency is set for Aug. 29 at the downtown San Diego courthouse.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back