Big Earthquake *merged threads*

Buzz I see the quake was at 8:04:54 and you didn't start this thread until 8:06. WTH took you so long?
Montana 16 I see you were dragging behind at 8:07. C'mon you guys we want this news in real time!

LOL! You are so funny Jbean!

JBeanya, I was trying to locate my cats - sorry for the delay. We were due; in fact we are still due.
any aftershocks? or are you going to delay posting that as well?

California people stay safe. Sounds like you had a pretty big jolt. Hope everyone is safe.

Looks like we Californians all need to promise we'll be good little girls and boys from now on 'cause it looks like ""The Man Upstairs" is maybe trying to tell us something.

Looks like we Californians all need to promise we'll be good little girls and boys from now on 'cause it looks like ""The Man Upstairs" is maybe trying to tell us something.

Absolutely. Nothing like an earthquake to wake you up.

center 9 miles NE of San Jose

WTF? My in-laws live in San Jose and I am just now reading and hearing about this! They must be fine, haven't heard from them. Or should I be worried because I haven't heard from them?:doh:

I have friends that live in Greenbrae (Marin County?),would they have felt the effects?

Stay safe all you Bay Area folks :)

5.6 would still get my butt moving!!! Might not cause damage, but it can scare the heck out of ya!!

Yup, it can scare me at times because I keep thinking, is this the BIG ONE!!

Red Hot Chili Peppers (Dani California Lyrics)

Chorus:
California rest in peace
Simultaneous release
California show your teeth
She's my priestess, I'm your priest
Yeah, yeah
:crazy:

Oh, don't worry. That's just a shaker, strong enough you can feel it, probably won't do any damage at all. Unless it's a 6.something, it's not anything more than entertainment, and even low 6's often don't do any real damage.

I miss earthquakes. They're fun. Up here in Seattle, we don't have really anything - they mention them, but when you look, they hardly ever have any real action.

Yikes! Why don't you just spit at the gods, D? As I'm sure you know, ya'll are overdue for a Big One (as are we near the San Andreas).

Mercury news is saying we could have another one up here within 7 days.From what I read no real damage other then the normal of things falling off shelfs in stores.

I have friends that live in Greenbrae (Marin County?),would they have felt the effects?

Alrighty then ... I guess I'll have to just call my friends and find out for myself.:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back