Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
vehicles will float from anywhere from 30 seconds to 320 seconds...so 55 feet is a realistic distance away from shore
In 1994, Susan Smith rolled her car down a boat ramp into John D Long Lake, in Union, SC, and it was found 9 days later, and after two previous searches, some 100 feet out into the lake. I am not surprised at all Kiely's car was 55 ft out. JMO

Last edited:
They don't need the phone to retrieve the data, do they? Even without it, can't they reconstruct her route from beginning to end with the vehicle information alone? Along with every action, including opening and closing doors and windows?
They should be able to, if the EDR recorded the event as a crash, and I can't believe that it wouldn't have. JMO

It does. I hear you. I don’t know the science of what a car would do under water. Would it just sink right where it dropped? Because to me 55ft is also a long way for driving forwards averagely with a steep drop off too.
The water levels dropped as much as four feet. Would the car have been dragged out further from shore as water receded?

ETA: I now see @RedHaus has explained this above.

Yeah, LE likely advised witnesses not to talk to the media about the investigation. That may be why we only heard from a few in the beginning.

I remember that comment now. He wasn't actually there but was repeating what he heard. That was probably what prompted the whole discussion about a possible overdose.

I think by now investors have a pretty good idea what substances were being consumed after interviewing 400 people.

If people were sharing and handing out drugs and LE has identified anyone who supplied them to Kiely or other minors, I can't imagine them not pursuing it. Especially if that's what contributed to the accident.
That’s one thing that concerned me from the start. When LE was asking for tips and saying there would be no repercussions, I wondered how that could be true. If it were later found that an adult supplied a minor with substances that contributed to her death, how would there not be subsequent criminal charges?

It does. I hear you. I don’t know the science of what a car would do under water. Would it just sink right where it dropped? Because to me 55ft is also a long way for driving forwards averagely with a steep drop off too.
Cars can travel much farther in a lake than you would think. Susan Smith's car (with her dead children in it) traveled 122 ft. And she simply rolled it into the lake.

Initial water searches did not locate the car because the police believed it would be within 30 feet of the shore, and did not search farther; it turned out to be 122 feet from the shore.

Looks like it may be time to repost the list of verified facts from LE. This is from T6.

Post in thread 'CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #6' Found Deceased - CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #6
Here is the list of Verified Facts for this Case from LE (no MSM verified facts to add yet)

I have updated this list with facts from LE since I last posted this list Thread5, Post704, Fri., 8/19.

1) 8/5, 6pm store surveillance image of KR with description of KR's apparel (black body shirt, green dickies, vans, etc.)

2) two sweatshirts / hoodies: a) KR wore a pink & white one at the Prosser Camp party per video; b) a black one she had

3) jewelry KR may have worn include nose ring on left nostril, multiple piercings on both ears, belly piercing, and various jewelry such as necklaces, bracelets, and rings

4) markings on KR's skin include a cross tattooed on left rib, "17" tattooed on right hip, and a scar on left arm

5) make, model and license plate # of KR's car (2013 Honda CRV, CA 8YUR127)

6) ram sticker is on back window of KR's car, below the windshield wiper.

7) confirmation KR was at the 8/5-8/6 Prosser Camp party

8) a text to Mom from KR's phone at 8/5, 11:30pm

9) final ping from KR's phone at 8/6, 12:33am from party location (near water and land)

10) KR may have gone somewhere after the Prosser Camp party (but SO says no one has come forward to say they saw KR leave or where KR may have been heading)

11) some adults initially discouraged people and possibly teens coming forward with information, but was resolved as of Tuesday, 8/16 SO press conference. However as of 8/18, SO says some have come forward, many are staying silent.

12) upwards of 400 juveniles have been interviewed [Note: this may not mean 400 people were at party]

13) Adventures with Purpose (AWP) located KR's car in Prosser Lake on 8/21 within a search zone that LE has been searching since the very beginning of our operation.

14) KR's car was found at at depth of 14 - 15 feet but the water level, since the 6th, has also dropped a vertical of 3.5-4 feet which could be 20-25 feet [further] off of shore

15) one body was found in the car and an autopsy 8/23 confirmed the descendent was KR

16) this is still an active investigation including the CHP (California Highway Patrol) conducting a fatality traffic collision investigation and utilizing their MAIT (Multi-disciplinary Active Investigation Team) to harness more data.

Again, if I have missed or misstated anything, please let me know.

p.s. for timeline, maps, media coverage, interviews, etc. please see the separate thread for this case with that info. A link to that thread has been shared within the threads, but also at the beginning of each thread for easy access.

Kiely was a minor so its very likely law enforcement wont reveal too much in regards to this case once they have all the information. Out of respect to her family its likely we wont be publicly told whether she had been drinking alcohol or consuming other drugs etc.

That’s one thing that concerned me from the start. When LE was asking for tips and saying there would be no repercussions, I wondered how that could be true. If it were later found that an adult supplied a minor with substances that contributed to her death, how would there not be subsequent criminal charges?
LE will mislead and it may not be pretty but iirc they can do that until rights have been read.

Someone could come forward without implicating anyone specifically. They can say "Yes, she was drinking" or "Yes, someone gave her drugs". They just wanted answers on what happened at the time. Not who did what.

Someone could come forward without implicating anyone specifically. They can say "Yes, she was drinking" or "Yes, someone gave her drugs". They just wanted answers on what happened at the time. Not who did what.
Thanks, makes sense. I do wonder how tips that stated she was drinking or someone gave her drugs without naming who supplied them would have helped with finding Kiely. A tip such as “I saw Kiely leave with _____“, or “Kiely drove alone out to the beach” would have helped.

This makes a lot of sense and I could see that happening to Kiely - but while being so messed on mushrooms would you have the insight to remember that you were supposed to drive your friend home & give that friend a call? Although I guess when SS talked about that last call from Kiely she did mention that she had already told Kiely that she didn’t need a ride.

Although here, we get into wondering which of the young women were more "effed up' than the other one? And that's something we have no way of knowing.

We do know SS admitted in her interviews she was quite inebriated. She had difficulty remembering some things when asked. The timeline of when things, and exact details of WHAT happened could definitely be off, IMO.

Thanks, makes sense. I do wonder how tips that stated she was drinking or someone gave her drugs without naming who supplied them would have helped with finding Kiely. A tip such as “I saw Kiely leave with _____“, or “Kiely drove alone out to the beach” would have helped.
It just gives them a hint of what her state of mind was or what kind of "condition" she was in. Opens or closes the door on some possibilities. If she had been sober the idea of her wrecking wouldn't have made the most sense. While it could definitely still be a possibility, they would probably suspect something more along the lines of leaving voluntarily or foul play. The people in attendance probably would have had LE riding them a whole lot harder had they thought something nefarious happened. JMO, I think LE leaned more towards it being an accident and that's why they didn't go after the kids so hard.

Every case involving a person in the water that I've followed usually involves multiple tries and searches to find the person. The fact that the area was already searched and they didn't find anything doesn't shock me at all.

I wonder if there is anything else related to the video from the store? (Such as someone purchasing alcohol?)

We were never told anything about the store where Kiely was caught on tape, and I always found that a bit curious. In my experience, when people go missing and there is any question about if they could have been abducted, I always remember something like "She/he was seen on tape from a nearby 7-11 or Walmart or ___ earlier that evening."

If it were later found that an adult supplied a minor with substances that contributed to her death, how would there not be subsequent criminal charges?
Agreed. If Kiely, a minor, got disoriented enough from alcohol or drugs given to her by legal adults, to be unable to head home without winding up dead in the water, that would surely be a criminal incident.

I wonder if there is anything else related to the video from the store? (Such as someone purchasing alcohol?)

We were never told anything about the store where Kiely was caught on tape, and I always found that a bit curious. In my experience, when people go missing and there is any question about if they could have been abducted, I always remember something like "She/he was seen on tape from a nearby 7-11 or Walmart or ___ earlier that evening."
Do we know what store the video was from? For some reason, I recall discussion that it was the Cha Fine Tea shop where Kiely worked. A poster here recognized some of the background items. I could be mistaken though.

Here’s an article wih a video from inside the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aussie Aussie