Found Deceased MA - Meghan Marohn, 43, from NY, car found near Longcope Park, Lee, 28 Mar 2022 *Reward*

A major question I have right now is where exactly was she found (which we have not learned yet). Did she cross the utility/right-of-way "path" and wind up close to my blue circled meadow area where the police set up their command center (see #2 in attached image)? Or was she still north of it (see #1 in attached image)? If I was hiking and felt I was lost and came across the utility lines path, knowing I hadn't crossed it before I'm not sure I'd continue in that direction. But since we don't know anything about her route, maybe she crossed it several times, back and forth.

I wonder if she fell and injured herself, possibly even a head injury that left her disoriented, and she started wandering to try to get back to her car.
I guess everyone is different. If I were lost and found a utility right of way, I'd get on it and follow it, because I know that utilities always lead to civilization, I would know I wasn't walking in circles, plus, they are usually cleared, relatively easy terrain, and have good visibility. If could see what looked like a clearing, I might assume that some houses were nearby, exit the right of way, and head in the direction of what I thought was civilization.

I guess everyone is different. If I were lost and found a utility right of way, I'd get on it and follow it, because I know that utilities always lead to civilization, I would know I wasn't walking in circles, plus, they are usually cleared, relatively easy terrain, and have good visibility. If could see what looked like a clearing, I might assume that some houses were nearby, exit the right of way, and head in the direction of what I thought was civilization.
That's true, too, even if it meant you may have to walk a few miles. It ends somewhere.

I'm sure we will know more once we know cause and manner of death, but for now, what are we thinking happened? Her phone pinged in the opposite direction from where her body was found. According to the person who initially noticed her car (the article with this person's quotes was in the GH video), the weather the day she went missing was complete garbage - rain, cold, snow, wind. I can't imagine wanting to walk around for miles in this weather. Did she really just start wandering around going in different directions?

It's also odd to me that her car doors were unlocked (source again is the GH video and an article he reads from in that video). We may have discussed this previously - it has been awhile. Doors unlocked lead me to believe either foul play or self harm. Or I guess just an overly trusting view of society, but I feel it's pretty common knowledge at trailheads especially to lock your doors as it's a very common car burglary location (trailheads in general, not this specific one).
AND her computer, it was missing, has it been located do we know? And the phone opposite her direction? So very little info, foul play or self harm?

FYI - The Berkshire Eagle, as of about noon today, has updated/corrected their map in the article. I sent them an email earlier today about the error.
Glad they corrected it at least. But the Eagle sure isn't what it used to be, which was a great paper.

Computer, phone, clothes, etc, were found in her unlocked car. Per previously linked article with statements from her close friend.
Do you happen to have that link? I believe we've read the laptop was missing from her hotel room and was not found in her car. Phone has not been located (unless they found it with her). A pair of shoes was found in the car and a few articles of clothing there as well.

If you're referring to this article, she says those items were all missing.

From link above:

"Her car was found unlocked. The keys, along with her laptop, her phone, her hotel key, her wallet, Bun the stuffed rabbit and her bag, were also gone. Police searched the park. They searched the properties. They sent divers into the pond. They checked any security camera they could find nearby. She didn’t cross the bridge over the Housatonic River, and I heard they looked in there too. They had dogs and drones and lines of searchers and nothing has been found."

I wonder if any of her missing property was found with her body. It would seem odd to go out walking/hiking on a rainy/snowy day carrying your laptop, a stuffed rabbit, etc.

My only other thought was, since her car was left unlocked, did someone come along and steal those items? I can see stealing a laptop as that would have monetary value perhaps. The stuffed rabbit would be an odd thing to steal IMO but who knows? I could see her having her car keys, hotel key and wallet on her person. I wonder if those items were located with her.

Do you happen to have that link? I believe we've read the laptop was missing from her hotel room and was not found in her car. Phone has not been located (unless they found it with her). A pair of shoes was found in the car and a few articles of clothing there as well.

If you're referring to this article, she says those items were all missing.

From link above:

"Her car was found unlocked. The keys, along with her laptop, her phone, her hotel key, her wallet, Bun the stuffed rabbit and her bag, were also gone. Police searched the park. They searched the properties. They sent divers into the pond. They checked any security camera they could find nearby. She didn’t cross the bridge over the Housatonic River, and I heard they looked in there too. They had dogs and drones and lines of searchers and nothing has been found."
That's my recollection too - all those things were missing which added to the mystery. I do hope that there is sufficient evidence to draw conclusions as to cause and manner of death.

I wonder if any of her missing property was found with her body. It would seem odd to go out walking/hiking on a rainy/snowy day carrying your laptop, a stuffed rabbit, etc.

My only other thought was, since her car was left unlocked, did someone come along and steal those items? I can see stealing a laptop as that would have monetary value perhaps. The stuffed rabbit would be an odd thing to steal IMO but who knows? I could see her having her car keys, hotel key and wallet on her person. I wonder if those items were located with her.

It seems unlikely she would have left her car unlocked with items like a laptop inside. If those items are missing, JMO, it sounds like foul play.

It seems unlikely she would have left her car unlocked with items like a laptop inside. If those items are missing, JMO, it sounds like foul play.
Very odd place & day due to the weather to be a victim of foul play IMO. If she was in an emotional state, she could have walked away forgetting to lock her car.

When Meghan Marohn vanished, so did her purse, keys, hotel key, cellphone and laptop. And her tiny Fisher Price bunny, a good luck charm since childhood.
Perhaps the investigation will prove me wrong, but Meghan was in a personal crisis & I think the little known evidence flows from that. I think she carried those items with her when she left the car. If she was also a crime victim, how doubly tragic.
MOO

Last edited:
Very odd place & day due to the weather to be a victim of foul play IMO. If she was in an emotional state, she could have walked away forgetting to lock her car.

When Meghan Marohn vanished, so did her purse, keys, hotel key, cellphone and laptop. And her tiny Fisher Price bunny, a good luck charm since childhood.
Perhaps the investigation will prove me wrong, but Meghan was in a personal crisis & I think the little known evidence flows from that. I think she carried those items with her when she left the car. If she was also a crime victim, how doubly tragic.
MOO

I was just watching Gray Hughes latest video and I have to agree it looks like a possible crime. The area where her body was found does resemble a "dumping" site at the end of that gravel road. Her car parked haphazardly on a different road, a long walking distance from her body, doors unlocked, possessions possibly missing also looks suspicious.

Of course, her family and friends will have to wait for more information.

I was just watching Gray Hughes latest video and I have to agree it looks like a possible crime. The area where her body was found does resemble a "dumping" site at the end of that gravel road. Her car parked haphazardly on a different road, a long walking distance from her body, doors unlocked, possessions possibly missing also looks suspicious.

I hope her family gets answers. Because if someone hurt or killed her, they need to be found and prosecuted.

I'm local to her disappearance and not a single news / MSM site has announced her exact location where her remains were found, so I do not take into account anything Mr Hughes states as fact, nor his comment on the route of her "killer." Killer? This could still be self harm or a horrible accident. Earlier on family said she took a northern route to the park based on directions given to her from someone at the Inn, not the route that Mr Hughes chooses to state here. AND the "gravel road" leads to someone's HOME. It isn't a great spot to be a dumping grounds if someone's home is there!

Did she have a backpack? All those items are a lot when listed separately but they'd fit easily into a standard bookpack-style backpack, which would be easy to carry even on a fairly strenuous walk.
I would definitely think she did, or a big slouchy bag. If this was self harm, perhaps she left a note that was able to be read after all this time, and I am so hoping those possessions have been located near her remains.

I'm local to her disappearance and not a single news / MSM site has announced her exact location where her remains were found, so I do not take into account anything Mr Hughes states as fact, nor his comment on the route of her "killer." Killer? This could still be self harm or a horrible accident. Earlier on family said she took a northern route to the park based on directions given to her from someone at the Inn, not the route that Mr Hughes chooses to state here. AND the "gravel road" leads to someone's HOME. It isn't a great spot to be a dumping grounds if someone's home is there!
Plus Gray Hughes is not MSM or LE so under TOS whatever he says (even if correct) is considered rumor. Perhaps for good reason!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back