Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has no reason to talk. Unfortunately, it seems pretty obvious what occurred. Hopefully, LEO will find Eliza soon.

I am a bit confused, did he use the stolen SUV? Or his own company car? Was he alone or was someone with him?

The stolen SUV we heard about early on is not related to the case. (Mercedes, not GMC.)

I believe that the vehicle connected to the abduction, the one he was driving when he was arrested, is owned by a woman connected to him, but who is not a suspect.

As far as we know, there’s no evidence that someone else was with him. There was speculation that he had an accomplice, but no reason to believe it.

MOO

MPD helicopter is back in the air - heading toward south memphis - call sign N350MP - will be interesting to see if they are going back to one of the areas that has been searched already this weekend.
hard to think like a criminal, especially this guy...can't get worse than him but I'm thinking...if I did something really horrible I would try to remove myself from the crime scene and high tail it out of there as far away as I could. Did someone say there was a 3 hour difference between the surveillance tape and his arrival at his brothers? Would that place him approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours from the crime scene?

now on flight radar it appears AIR3 has joined the search with the helicopter of the creek and they have gone all the way down to where the creek connects to Lake McKellar. Unknown what type of aircraft that is, but I can assume it is related due to it following the same paths as the helicopter

hard to think like a criminal, especially this guy...can't get worse than him but I'm thinking...if I did something really horrible I would try to remove myself from the crime scene and high tail it out of there as far away as I could. Did someone say there was a 3 hour difference between the surveillance tape and his arrival at his brothers? Would that place him approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours from the crime scene?
I don't think he'd be driving too far away with a body in the car. I could be wrong, but I'm thinking that time of morning not too many cars out and if I was a convicted felon who was only 2 years out of prison, and I had a body in my car?? I'd be thinking of somewhere I knew already, a location I already had in mind and I'd want to do that fast. I don't think stranger crimes usually lead the perp to try to hide it too much, but maybe this wasn't his plan to kill her and if that is what happened (I sadly think it is), maybe he panicked and just didn't have any idea what to do and did drive around thinking of where/how..

Yes, slightly more than 3 hours unaccounted for at this time.

I hope they can catch his vehicle on security cameras—I’d bet there’s a lot of people working straight through this weekend!

I just don't understand why CA would wash his clothes? Wouldn't it make more sense to dump his clothes in the trash? Is he so much of an idiot that he doesn't know that even after cleaning traces of blood can be found? He's certainly disorganized.
I also wonder where he got the vehicle from. It wasn't his, right? Was it owned by the company he worked for? Was he near a place he was supposed to clean? This is a long weekend, could he have put Eliza in a business place somewhere hoping that she wouldn't be found and he could return to move her?
My thoughts on clothes. He didn’t have a spare set of clothing, so had to wear it back to the apt. He didn’t want to be caught in the GMC again until it was clean, so couldn’t drive somewhere to discard. With that said, youd think he could pony up a couple of quarters and use the apt laundromat.

Sunrise was 6:32am on Sept 1. Eliza was abducted at 4:20am. That leaves 2 hours of darkness for CA to operate in. It's a 20 min ride from where Eliza was abducted to where CA was found and arrested. CA went to his brother's place just before 8am. So if CA disposed of Eliza before the sun came up and was back at his brother's place just before 8am, that would give CA an hour and a half travel time from where he left Eliza to his brother's place, unless he was driving around looking for a spot. Wouldn't it make sense for CA to immediately go home after to clean? And wouldn't it make sense to leave Eliza while it's still dark to avoid being seen? That leaves a lot of ground to be covered.
maybe but driving around with your victim...almost as horrific as disposing of her somewhere desolate quickly

I just don't understand why CA would wash his clothes? Wouldn't it make more sense to dump his clothes in the trash? Is he so much of an idiot that he doesn't know that even after cleaning traces of blood can be found? He's certainly disorganized.
I also wonder where he got the vehicle from. It wasn't his, right? Was it owned by the company he worked for? Was he near a place he was supposed to clean? This is a long weekend, could he have put Eliza in a business place somewhere hoping that she wouldn't be found and he could return to move her
Or he could've just burned his clothes. The vehicle is registered to a lady he apparently knows (G.B.). I know nothing about their relationship, but it is her car.

There were also job postings, seemed to be for entry level cleaners, starting at $14-15/hr. It was a part time position, transportation required, with hours of 10pm-2am cleaning commercial restrooms. The small business owner is a victim here too so I won’t post a link and I hope she doesn’t lose clients over this.
Not bad wages, especially for a felon who could find it difficult to find employment if he had to go thru a background check.

My thoughts on clothes. He didn’t have a spare set of clothing, so had to wear it back to the apt. He didn’t want to be caught in the GMC again until it was clean, so couldn’t drive somewhere to discard. With that said, youd think he could pony up a couple of quarters and use the apt laundromat.
Maybe borrowed clothes off his brother too

Gosh the chopper is flying sooo low over the creek - going as low as 100 ft at times according to flight radar, it definitely makes you wander if they have spotted something. can anyone confirm if the atvs are searching in the same area as where the helicopter is flying?
Grateful that we have locals letting us know what's going on in real time!

You all are rock stars with the brain storming and monitoring the air searches. I know I’ve always read that in a time of stress, a perp will seek an area that is comfortable to him— that he knows like the back of his hand. Does anyone know where the kidnapper lived prior to his previous jail time? Probably in public housing in the area, I’d presume?

He can’t do that. Spent all his quarters propositioning women.

I just saw a photo of her young kids and my heart literally aches for them. Literally so sweet and full of innocence the way it should be and their life’s are now forever changed due to a evil predator.
That's me too. And why it's extra enraging me that he won't tell where she is! This isn't one of your prison enemies, dude. Not even a "billionaire heiress" really. (Thanks, Daily Fail. ) This is a kindergarten teacher with two sweet babies. There's video of him taking her. Just tell them where she is.
Thanks! I’m actually not local - just have the flightaware app on my phone! I do appreciate all the locals on the ground though who have been helpful with sharing details about what they have seen!
Well, your updates on the helicopter are much appreciated!

Sunrise was 6:32am on Sept 1. Eliza was abducted at 4:20am. That leaves 2 hours of darkness for CA to operate in. It's a 20 min ride from where Eliza was abducted to where CA was found and arrested. CA went to his brother's place just before 8am. So if CA disposed of Eliza before the sun came up and was back at his brother's place just before 8am, that would give CA an hour and a half travel time from where he left Eliza to his brother's place, unless he was driving around looking for a spot. Wouldn't it make sense for CA to immediately go home after to clean? And wouldn't it make sense to leave Eliza while it's still dark to avoid being seen? That leaves a lot of ground to be covered.
I'm thinking he relied on the darkness to dispose of her. A lot less suspicious to be cleaning your car in the morning than the latter. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea