Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to ask this but would they even need her body to charge him with murder? They have his car and if they can prove there was blood from Eliza there, would that be enough to charge him?

There have been many ‘no body’ murder convictions.

IF they have video that shows him attacking her, a stranger, and dragging her into his vehicle, (video is probably not clear enough to prove it’s he, but the DNA on the slides left at the scene is evidently his.)

AND IF they have her blood in his vehicle, showing that violence was done to her

AND if there is no evidence of her existing, a woman who lived a stable life, from that moment forward

ADD to that as time passes, IF there is no activity on her Social Security number, no activity on her bank account(s),

THEN I think they could charge him with murder. I don’t think they’d go for the death penalty in a no-body case, unless they had overwhelming physical evidence of her death. (Enough blood that it’s obviously that she could not have survived. I doubt that they have that, though.)

MOO

There have been many ‘no body’ murder convictions.

IF they have video that shows him attacking her, a stranger, and dragging her into his vehicle, (video is probably not clear enough to prove it’s he, but the DNA on the slides left at the scene is evidently his.)

AND IF they have her blood in his vehicle, showing that violence was done to her

AND if there is no evidence of her existing, a woman who lived a stable life, from that moment forward

ADD to that as time passes, IF there is no activity on her Social Security number, no activity on her bank account(s),

THEN I think they could charge him with murder. I don’t think they’d go for the death penalty in a no-body case, unless they had overwhelming physical evidence of her death. (Enough blood that it’s obviously that she could not have survived. I doubt that they have that, though.)

MOO
I'm not even a little bit worried about it even coming to that. We're not only dealing with an idiot, but an idiot who had little time to work with. I think there's just no way he concealed her body well.

I hate to ask this but would they even need her body to charge him with murder? They have his car and if they can prove there was blood from Eliza there, would that be enough to charge him?
It’s possible, depending on the amount of blood and if there were other tissues in the car. For example only, if a person is shot you might expect to find bone fragments or other tissue at the scene. In Kelsey Berreth’s murder LE found brain matter along with a tooth and bone fragments leaving zero possibility she was live. Moo

I came across this article today naming runners who have been murdered while running. While I recognized many of the more recent cases (Karina Vetrano, Vanessa Marcotte, Ally Brueger and Mollie Tibbetts), I was disheartened at how long the list is. My heart goes out to Eliza Fletcher and her family.

It’s possible, depending on the amount of blood and if there were other tissues in the car. For example only, if a person is shot you might expect to find bone fragments or other tissue at the scene. In Kelsey Berreth’s murder LE found brain matter along with a tooth and bone fragments leaving zero possibility she was live. Moo
Also, it was a black SUV so likely had a darker interior so even though he was cleaning, it's likely he didn't clean it all up.

I'm not even a little bit worried about it even coming to that. We're not only dealing with an idiot, but an idiot who had little time to work with. I think there's just no way he concealed her body well.

I agree with you. However, I’ve never been in that part of the country—I’m a trace worried about the Mississippi River. I don’t know if that’s at all a realistic concern.

I wonder if the cleaning company that CA worked for gave information to LE about the locations where CA was working.
I’d guess yes. And if they refused, I think that would be information LE could get a warrant for. I personally don’t think she’s at any of the locations he may have worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea