Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not even a little bit worried about it even coming to that. We're not only dealing with an idiot, but an idiot who had little time to work with. I think there's just no way he concealed her body well.
I agree with you 100%. I feel like he didn’t even bother trying to conceal her body and that he just dumped her where it was most convenient at the time. This case is very similar to my friend‘s murder in many ways. There were actually two people involved and they robbed him at gunpoint then took him to an alley not even a mile from his house and killed him. He was found several days later. It frustrates me how quickly info was coming in after Eliza’s abduction and that maybe she could have been found sooner, even if she was already deceased.

I am not caught up on all the posts.
I just want to say without being too identifiable that after re-reading the affidavit, it states MPD has images of CA at the Malco Theater on Germantown Parkway wearing the slide sandals the day before Eliza's abduction. The slides he left behind that contained his DNA and led to his apprehension.
That's extremely near me. I would have no clue as to why he was at that particular Malco.
The cleaning service mentioned in the affidavit is not large and does not clean the Malco Theaters.
Since he was out in the Cordova area of Memphis, which is not very near to his residence nor the abduction area, I am left to wonder just how many areas need to be searched. His apparent "zone/s of comfort" must extend all over this city and Shelby County. Not good. :(
I wonder if they will eventually extend their search efforts further out from the city central areas.
*Source of Affidavit Police believe missing Eliza Fletcher ‘suffered serious injury,’ suspect charged in her kidnapping
snippet: "According to the affidavit, Abston’s DNA was found on the slides, and investigators discovered surveillance footage, from the Malco Theater on Germantown Parkway of Abston wearing the same slides a day before the abduction."
Malco Theatres - Cordova Cinema
1080 N Germantown Pkwy, Cordova, TN 38018
35.155723, -89.709789
Should they be searching in this area also? I do not know.
1662406026284.png
JMO
Chi

Attachments

• 303408594_790847612262256_4226165347508412104_n.jpg
    303408594_790847612262256_4226165347508412104_n.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
In a growing number of US jurisdictions, "Ban the Box" laws often prohibit an employer from asking about arrests or criminal convictions. And often an employer cannot use a potential hire's prior criminal record as a prejudice.
Good point. At many of our universities, states have been required to remove the box that asks if you have ever been convicted of a felony.

I came across this article today naming runners who have been murdered while running. While I recognized many of the more recent cases (Karina Vetrano, Vanessa Marcotte, Ally Brueger and Mollie Tibbetts), I was disheartened at how long the list is. My heart goes out to Eliza Fletcher and her family.
Here's a Wikipedia page listing them. Liza and Amaud Arberry really have both hit hard for me. I often think of Ahmaud often when running (and actually Katie Janness too since I run in the "gayborhood" park in Denver). Sadly I feel pretty sure I'll be adding Liza to the list. I just hope they find her today.

I just want to say without being too identifiable that after re-reading the affidavit, it states MPD has images of CA at the Malco Theater on Germantown Parkway wearing the slide sandals the day before Eliza's abduction. The slides he left behind that contained his DNA and led to his apprehension.
That's extremely near me. I would have no clue as to why he was at that particular Malco.
The cleaning service mentioned in the affidavit is not large and does not clean the Malco Theaters.
Since he was out in the Cordova area of Memphis, which is not very near to his residence nor the abduction area, I am left to wonder just how many areas need to be searched. His apparent "zone/s of comfort must extend all over this city and Shelby County. Not good. :(
*Source of Affidavit Police believe missing Eliza Fletcher ‘suffered serious injury,’ suspect charged in her kidnapping
snippet: "According to the affidavit, Abston’s DNA was found on the slides, and investigators discovered surveillance footage, from the Malco Theater on Germantown Parkway of Abston wearing the same slides a day before the abduction."
JMO
Chi
If he wasn't cleaning that theater, I wonder how they knew to look there?

I'm keeping in mind if he worked for a cleaning service he would have access to all kinds of cleaning equipment - I hope they also look at any large containers of cleaning fluids, etc. (thinking of Drew Peterson's infamous "blue barrel").

Also, and sorry if this was already mentioned here, but I thought it was interesting because I wouldn't have put it past something that it sounds like "Pookie" would do:

"In an earlier news briefing, she said police were not aware of any connection between Fletcher's abduction and reports from the start of the semester that someone had been harassing members of the University of Memphis' women's cross-country team as they ran in the area".

(There is also an interesting (to me) March 21, 2021 mention of Eliza's marriage in the same article. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Since he was out in the Cordova area of Memphis, which is not very near to his residence nor the abduction area, I am left to wonder just how many areas need to be searched. His apparent "zone/s of comfort must extend all over this city and Shelby County. Not good. :(
I wonder if they will eventually extend their search efforts further out from the city central areas.
Malco Theatres - Cordova Cinema
1080 N Germantown Pkwy, Cordova, TN 38018
JMO
Chi
I agree. And how close it that area to the abduction place?

It is starting to remind me of Green River Killer in his early days.

I don't think he'd be driving too far away with a body in the car. I could be wrong, but I'm thinking that time of morning not too many cars out and if I was a convicted felon who was only 2 years out of prison, and I had a body in my car?? I'd be thinking of somewhere I knew already, a location I already had in mind and I'd want to do that fast. I don't think stranger crimes usually lead the perp to try to hide it too much, but maybe this wasn't his plan to kill her and if that is what happened (I sadly think it is), maybe he panicked and just didn't have any idea what to do and did drive around thinking of where/how..
Fortunately, in most US jurisdictions, killing someone in the commission of a felony, whether you intended to kill them or not, is first degree murder.
Think about it this way: A perp decides to mug someone. During a struggle the perp "accidently" kills the victim through throwing them to the curb where the concrete broke their skull or neck. The reason it is legitimate to convict the perp of first degree murder is that they decided to commit a crime of violence against someone placing them at risk of violent death at the perp's hands.

The perp is not merely being reckless or careless, it is not merely manslaughter: they are intentionally engaging in a purposeful crime where death of victim is one of the risks the perp could reasonably expect to possibly occur.

Same if I am committing armed robbery of a bank, and trip and fall and accidently fire a firearm and kill a teller. In my jurisdiction that is first degree murder (as it should be)

Forgive my ignorance but why do they need all those squad cars?
It's not like they're on the hunt for the perp.
Each of those cars has 1 police officer inside ( maybe 2 but I doubt it ). It takes multiple officers to cordon off an area to search, and if any evidence is found, then secure the scene.

The business sign in the video says EbroFrost. Google maps has that on Prospect St which is about 2 miles from the brother’s house. Prospect St is near a Cane Creek.

I’m confused, so is this the same place they were having the rail cars moved and now they’ve all left? Or, are they leaving an earlier search area to go to the area where they were clearing the rail cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member