Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may sound counterintuitive BUT the act of rape or sexual assault is NOT about sex/desire/attraction. Those acts are about POWER and DOMINATION. A person who felt like their life had been out of their control for the last 20 years (like CA, who was imprisoned for that long) might become enraged at the freedom of law-abiding others to do as they wished, particularly if those law-abiding others happened to be a type of person (female) who you saw as your inferior.

We know CA propositioned numerous women who he saw at/near his brother's house after he got out of prison; the rage he might have felt at being turned down by those women he might have taken out on EF. The crime seems, to me, the obvious attempt of a pathetic man to assert power and control over someone (maybe EF herself, or maybe just as a representative of all women) who dared to avoid or directly turned down, perhaps, CA's crude verbal sexual harassment. That's all my conjecture but it's based firmly on behaviors we know he demonstrated in the period between his release from prison and his suspected crime against EF.
Agree!

I haven't seen anywhere that Eliza was found at that 1666 house. Only that she was found in the 1600 block.
May have missed it, does anyone know for certain?
True. Sorry, when I pinned the point on the map that's the address I used. It looks like an abandoned house, but might not be - perhaps a lifestyle choice.

Guessing the other extensive, previous search area was where he first took her. Heart breaking.

Grateful to the community here at WS so none of us has to read this alone.

There's still good in the world.

JMO

Way too early to tell. No positive ID yet but the large police presence in the area makes it likely that's who it is. You don't get tons of LE vehicles and officers for a random dead body typically. The LE amassing there indicates they found someone they were specifically looking for. Guessing we'll have an ID on the body later tonight.

It's probably her, but it wouldn't 'be the first time when a search for a known victim turned up remains of an earlier victim or a different crime.

I haven't seen anywhere that Eliza was found at that 1666 house. Only that she was found in the 1600 block.
The description was 1600 block. Someone google street viewed a house that looked abandoned and it turns out the address was 1666. Just speculation. No confirmation it is her or that she was in a house at all.

I haven't seen specifics either, just the 1600 block. When I looked at Google view along there, there is a parking lot/wooded area/and what seems to be an unfinished building in front of an outreach ministry building in that section. I wonder if it's there because he might not have been noticed (vs. dumping a body in someone's yard).

MOO.

From the DailyMail article posted upthread - sounds like this guy was a ticking time bomb:

A neighbor described Abston as a 'pervert,' who once snuck up behind her and propositioned her for sex.

He did the same to other women in the complex, and at times would sit in his black SUV gawking at women walking by or sitting on stoops.

Another neighbor, Latoya, 35, said the suspect also propositioned her and her 20-year-old niece earlier this year.

Latoya told DailyMail.com: 'He kept waving me over to him and was like. 'I've got $100.

'He tried to catch my niece too, tried to get her to come into the apartment with him.

'As far as I know, nobody here have sex with him,' she said. 'He creepy, he really creepy.'

If they do ID the body as EF tonight, it’s been 4 days. 4 days and her family has been changed forever. Her parents, her sibling, her husband, her friends, her coworkers, her extended family and bless their little hearts, those two sweet babies. Life as they know it will be changed forever. So sad, so so sad. My heart goes out to them all.
Haven’t commented on this much just reading but even her little preschoolers :(

From the DailyMail article posted upthread - sounds like this guy was a ticking time bomb:

Seems like the only time CA wasn’t committing crimes was when he was incarcerated. I feel so awful for Eliza and her family.

You have to scroll down past quite a few ads:

“Before Abston's conviction for kidnapping Durand, he had already appeared in juvenile court numerous times for charges including theft, aggravated assault, aggravated assault with a weapon, and rape, according to the lawyer's testimony. His first appearance in the system dates back to 1995, when he was only 12 years old.”

My guess is that he was tried as an adult for the kidnapping, and that Tennessee law allows for prior serious crimes to be brought up during sentencing.

MOO
A career violent criminal from the age of 12!
He should have been locked away forever after the last kidnapping, imo.
An obvious danger to society.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member