Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting with the rest of you. Identity of the deceased person has not been confirmed yet.
BREAKING — A large police presence has emerged at Chestnut Avenue and Victor Street where police confirmed a body has been found. https://bit.ly/3TI5HCT
Full source https://twitter.com/WMCActionNews5?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1566936691742580736|twgr^48b20fd75edb7819b958f3d9ebcd08fa5a0a2958|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://www.actionnews5.com/2022/09/05/large-police-presence-crime-scene-emerges-south-memphis/
Just now still no identity (same local news outlet) : Chi

Attachments

• Fb7tOyXXoAAjUUC.jpg
    Fb7tOyXXoAAjUUC.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Fb7wfTvX0AEbB2H.jpg
    Fb7wfTvX0AEbB2H.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I missed that! So if convicted of rape as a juvenile you don't have to register as a sex offender?
Normally, juvenile offenses are expunged when you turn legal age. I don't remember reading this either. Was he charged as an adult for this crime?

On google maps (sorry im bad at screenshots) looks like the distance from 1600 block of Victor St to Longview Gardens (bros apartment complex) at 1726 Orleans St may be just 0.6 miles. So a few blocks away.
This video shows how close the brother’s apartment is to the spot where they found a body. It’s basically around the block from the apartment building.

Can you explain? I don't understand the coincidence. Maybee I'm just dumb or missed something.

No you are not dumb at all! Not sure if this is allowed, but some people believe 666 is associated with evil:

“The number of the beast is associated with the Beast of Revelation in chapter 13, verse 18 of the Book of Revelation. In most manuscripts of the New Testament and in English translations of the Bible, the number of the beast is six hundred sixty-six or χξϛ. Wikipedia”

It may sound counterintuitive BUT the act of rape or sexual assault is NOT about sex/desire/attraction. Those acts are about POWER and DOMINATION. A person who felt like their life had been out of their control for the last 20 years (like CA, who was imprisoned for that long) might become enraged at the freedom of law-abiding others to do as they wished, particularly if those law-abiding others happened to be a type of person (female) who you saw as your inferior.

We know CA propositioned numerous women who he saw at/near his brother's house after he got out of prison; the rage he might have felt at being turned down by those women he might have taken out on EF. The crime seems, to me, the obvious attempt of a pathetic man to assert power and control over someone (maybe EF herself, or maybe just as a representative of all women) who dared to avoid or directly turned down, perhaps, CA's crude verbal sexual harassment. That's all my conjecture but it's based firmly on behaviors we know he demonstrated in the period between his release from prison and his suspected crime against EF.
And Durand (the lawyer he kidnapped 20+ years ago) described his record of having had raped before, as a teen before kidnapping him:

"Durand also detailed Abston's lengthy history in the juvenile court system prior to his conviction for the kidnapping, the earliest of which, Durand said, dated back to 1995 when he was no older than 12 years old. Abston also appeared in juvenile court records in 1996, 1997, 1998, and 1999 for charges including theft, aggravated assault, aggravated assault with a weapon, and rape, according to Durand's statement."

If they do ID the body as EF tonight, it’s been 4 days. 4 days and her family has been changed forever. Her parents, her sibling, her husband, her friends, her coworkers, her extended family and bless their little hearts, those two sweet babies. Life as they know it will be changed forever. So sad, so so sad. My heart goes out to them all.

I haven't seen anywhere that Eliza was found at that 1666 house. Only that she was found in the 1600 block.
May have missed it, does anyone know for certain?
It wasn't confirmed anywhere. There's a large, heavily wooded area behind a church across the street from the 1666 house, basically right at the intersection with Person. Google maps shows 1666 when you're clicking around that area near the intersection - that might be why?

Agree with you wholeheartedly on the type of crime DP fits for. However, Chris Watts crime met every existing criteria for the DP and invented some others that didn't exist it was so cruel and heinous but he's serving LWOP.

Most prosecutors will at least consult with the victim's family to determine if they are OK with proceeding with a capital case. Not to say that victim's families get the final word, but they do get a voice.
The Watts case was in Colorado also where it didn't seem they were too keen on the DP and now it's be removed as a possible sentence entirely. Tennessee looks to be a lot different with regard to the DP. The governor did just order a review of the process and delayed the 5 scheduled executions for this year until that review is done. I think they should seek the DP. This evil should not be allowed to ever walk the street again.

Really close to where he was reported to be cleaning his car and washing his clothes in a sink in the 7am hour the morning of the abduction. Truly seems he just thought he could toss her in some wooded area quite nearby and call it good. This guy has no conscience and also not a lot of brain power IMO, impulsive and cruel.

Normally, juvenile offenses are expunged when you turn legal age. I don't remember reading this either. Was he charged as an adult for this crime?

You have to scroll down past quite a few ads:

“Before Abston's conviction for kidnapping Durand, he had already appeared in juvenile court numerous times for charges including theft, aggravated assault, aggravated assault with a weapon, and rape, according to the lawyer's testimony. His first appearance in the system dates back to 1995, when he was only 12 years old.”

My guess is that he was tried as an adult for the kidnapping, and that Tennessee law allows for prior serious crimes to be brought up during sentencing.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member