Found Deceased NC - Devin Clark, 18, Lyric Woods, 14, found murdered after going missing in Alamance Co., 16 Sep 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone viewed her FB page post? Meaning who always "liked" her post almost every time. As some have addressed the jealously angle, IMO I think this came to be. I've not had the time to review what I'm suggesting (working long hours) but if someone could, maybe we could see a pattern. Hormones are a hell of a thing plus the attraction when both are interested. Then there is the other person who's been a friend to Lyric for some time; sharing messages, discussing friendly chats about school and offering support to Lyric. I'm thinking the suspect recently came into owning a vehicle, wanted to develop a dating relationship with Lyric and thought the suspect thinking everything was going his way driving Lyric around, she asked him to pick up someone else. The handgun (I believe) came into play was for protection at first, maybe taken from his parents' bedroom or elsewhere. When Clark was picked up, the suspect seeing the interaction between both Clark and Lyric, things sadly changed for the worst...

Just a theory.

I really felt like LE knew where this juvenile is, but just have not charged him yet, but this article, updated about 4 hours ago, seems to suggest that perhaps they do not know exactly where he is at this time.

I just don’t understand. If the have the petition (which is like a warrant), they are permitted to take the suspect into custody. If they knew where he was, why delay?

Has anyone viewed her FB page post? Meaning who always "liked" her post almost every time. As some have addressed the jealously angle, IMO I think this came to be. I've not had the time to review what I'm suggesting (working long hours) but if someone could, maybe we could see a pattern. Hormones are a hell of a thing plus the attraction when both are interested. Then there is the other person who's been a friend to Lyric for some time; sharing messages, discussing friendly chats about school and offering support to Lyric. I'm thinking the suspect recently came into owning a vehicle, wanted to develop a dating relationship with Lyric and thought the suspect thinking everything was going his way driving Lyric around, she asked him to pick up someone else. The handgun (I believe) came into play was for protection at first, maybe taken from his parents' bedroom or elsewhere. When Clark was picked up, the suspect seeing the interaction between both Clark and Lyric, things sadly changed for the worst...

Just a theory.
I haven’t been able to find her FB. Is it under a different name?

I haven’t been able to find her FB. Is it under a different name?
A lot of kids today do not use FB. They consider it something for us old people. She more likely had Instagram and TikTok accounts, but they are often not in the person's actual whole name, so unless you know what to look for, they may be difficult to find. I have looked around, as have some other posters, and afaik, no one has uncovered anything. JMO

My theory is Lyric is dating a black kid on the sly, the 17 year old. He's in love and she's hanging around his friends but falls for Devin instead. The 17 year old finds out, he and Lyric have been hooking up and smoking up in the familiar power line easement. The 17 year old pleas for her to meet him to make things right, threatening suicide. He picks up Devin and goes to meet her with the possiblity of Devin being either unaware or kidnapped at this point. Shooting two people this many times is out of passion, hatred, money, silence, or all of the above. Just my theory though.

Last edited:

9/21/22

MEBANE, N.C. — The family of Devin Clark, 18, who was found murdered in western Orange County, said they are left without many answers about what happened to their son on Friday night.

"I just want this to be over with," said his mother, Tiffany Concepcion. "I want justice, I want peace. I want to see my child, and I want to lay him (to rest) and know the right person got justice."

But days after his body was found, Concepcion is left in limbo. She can't make funeral arrangements for her son because she has not been called in to identify him in person.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office, the agency handling her son's murder investigation, has not provided a reason for why they have not called Concepcion to identify her son's body.

[..]

"Without knowing any details, it's hard for her, or anyone, to see this as justice," said Jason Keith, attorney for Concepcion. "Allow this young lady to see her son. It's been days now."

I dunno -- nothing pains me more than to see an attorney get involved for a victim's mother and start making demands. First, the mother's son, Devin, died of homicidal violence. He was shot to death. In my area, positive identification for victims of homicide is typically done by DNA or dental records, and NOT by the decedent's mother or father. I would hope Mr. Keith could do better than this for his client. :mad:

MOO

Suspect facing two first-degree murder charges was not in custody as of Wednesday afternoon​

"The suspect has been charged with two counts of first-degree murder. While that obviously speaks for itself, this was not a random act," sheriff's office public information officer Alicia Stemper told Fox News Digital when asked if there remains a threat to the public.

[..]

Clark's and Woods' families last saw the teenagers, who were friends, on Friday. A pair of ATV riders found their bodies Saturday afternoon on private property in a rural area off Buckhorn Road in Mebane, less than five miles from Woods' family home.

Why is Alamance County handling Devin’s case but not Lyric’s???
Where is this idea coming from? All reports say that The Orange County Sheriff's Office, the agency handling her son's murder investigation, has not provided a reason for why they have not called Concepcion to identify her son's body.

Where is this idea coming from? All reports say that The Orange County Sheriff's Office, the agency handling her son's murder investigation, has not provided a reason for why they have not called Concepcion to identify her son's body.
Hard to say, she's been very vocal so they're probably keeping her at distance for one. If that's true then it's wrong and I would have to see my baby personally. From what we can see Ms. Conception did not have custody of Devin but the father did, she must have given up rights years ago and doesn't have the right to confidential information, now she has the bullhorn so something is fishy for sure.

Last edited:
As a grandfather to a granddaughter of my own, I cannot imagine anything more heartbreaking than this...my heart goes out to him.

I can’t even imagine the pain. Her Grandaddy said that he added lights to the cross because she was scared of the dark.

The article was corrected at some point last night. The reporter must have realized her error.

The suspect's name has not been released because they are not an adult. Since December 2019, 16- and 17-year-olds who commit crimes in North Carolina are not automatically charged as adults. However, with probable cause, a judge has the ability to transfer the case into the adult justice system.

"The juvenile protections will be available to this individual until there is a court determination that they should be prosecuted as an adult. But that's an exception to the statute that allows for prompt movement. So initially, there is just a level of confidentiality, that's going to apply," explained North Carolina Central University Law Professor Irving Joyner who has been following the case. "There has been information provided to law enforcement that quickly led to the identification of this suspect. And then the decision by law enforcement to arrest a particular individual. So that means that there was, you know, a strong trail that was there that led to that person."

A lot of kids today do not use FB. They consider it something for us old people. She more likely had Instagram and TikTok accounts, but they are often not in the person's actual whole name, so unless you know what to look for, they may be difficult to find. I have looked around, as have some other posters, and afaik, no one has uncovered anything. JMO
she had a public instagram, vsco acct — the tiktok was public but it is now private .

We received the missing person report from the Orange County Sheriff’s Office for 14-year-old Lyric Woods, stating she was last seen Friday night at 11 pm at her home in Efland and was reported missing on Saturday.

Woods’ mother and stepfather, Elizabeth and Shane Cannada, said Woods never ran away before.
K-9 units were called in, using the scent of Woods’ pillow to help them search.
A drone was also used to search the woods surrounding the Cannada’s home.
Officers searched Woods’ bedroom and found that the only thing missing was an Ipad.
Woods’ stepfather told investigators that it is believed that Woods left the home through the back door. A neighbor told investigators that they saw a car around 3 am Saturday, coming down the road.
The K-9 used in the search suggested Woods did in fact get into a car.
Family members also confirm that Devin and Lyric got into the car with someone else that night. Woods’ stepfather turned over an iPhone, iPad, and laptop to assist in the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedStateRenegade