Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted While Jogging, Memphis, 2022 *arrest* #5

I read that her jaw was shattered!!! :(

But also her leg!
Why would her leg be so injured?
During the initial attack/kidnapping?

I feel for her poor family.
I don't think her parents and husband will ever overcome their grief.
Not to mention children.

Last edited:
Or, once he restrained her, he may have had a needle prepared and administered it that way.
In my opinion, he would not complicate intentional dosing of fentanyl with having to dissolve it and load a syringe. Intramuscular injection does not have immediate results, and he surely wasn't going to be injecting into a vein. Way too much planning for a disorganized violent sex offender.
MOO

I read that her jaw was shattered!!! :(

But also her leg!
Why would her leg be so injured?
During the initial attack/kidnapping?

I feel for her poor family.
I don't think her parents and husband will ever overcome their grief.
Not to mention children.
Maybe he threw her to the ground when he abducted her and she was injured.

God, I just can’t imagine the fear she faced.

It’s my understanding that nor fentanyl is metabolized fentanyl meaning her body would have already begun to metabolize the drug which is why the autopsy report doesn’t state she died from an overdose - she was alive and metabolizing the fentanyl at her time of death.
Am I understanding this correctly? He drugged her, raped her, beat her face (with the gun??), shoots her in the back of the head, and discards her behind an abandoned business?

Did he drug her to get her in the vehicle? TIA

This whole situation is terrifying. It sounds like he ran at her and drugged her during the struggle to get her in the vehicle??

I think she fought ferociously for her life as long as she could, in spite of her fear. She fought for her babies, and I hope they grow up always remembering that.
I just came here to say the same thing. It sickens me to say it, but she was brutally injured not just from being defensive, but I believe from holding her own and taking her best shots at him. She was slender, not a seasoned fighter, and couldn’t inflict as much damage as he could, of course.

I hope the damage she did inflict is just in a place on his body where we could not see it. A place that deserved to be kicked to shreds.

So I wonder if the gun used to shoot her is the same one CH's brother was charged with possessing? I know they didn't locate the bullet but they can probably tell if the casing they found was fired in that gun from marks from the chamber.

An autoloader's ejector, extractor, firing pin and breech face also often leave markings on a spent casing. Sometimes the feed lips of the magazine will leave parallel marks on a casing too.

Any of these markings can help link a spent casing to a particular firearm.

Am I understanding this correctly? He drugged her, raped her, beat her face (with the gun??), shoots her in the back of the head, and discards her behind an abandoned business?

Did he drug her to get her in the vehicle? TIA

This whole situation is terrifying. It sounds like he ran at her and drugged her during the struggle to get her in the vehicle??
Fentanyl and fentanyl metabolites were found in her system postmortem. It is well established with forensic toxicologists that Fentanyl is a drug that is used as a 'knock out' drug in Drug-Facilitated Sexual Assault (DFSA). Its use may be less common than typical date rape drugs, but it is one that has been used in the commission of a crime. The mode of administration is currently unknown. </br>

Regarding rape, the postmortem exam at autopsy was inconclusive. This is likely due to the state of decomposition. Finding the remains unclothed, abducted by an aggressive, violent, convicted felon predator with previous rape charges, lends credence that this was a sexually motivated crime. </br>

I believe she was drugged after the violent abduction and being forcibly placed in the vehicle. Perhaps during the 4 minutes the vehicle was still on scene of the abduction. Her facial fractures may have occurred while being forced into the vehicle (hits face and head on exterior of door frame or pummeled to the ground in a struggle) while it's also possible he was raging, high on drugs and delivered a strike to her face. </br>

Horrific, senseless, preventable tragedy. :(

Last edited:
I would be very interested in a medical professional’s input regarding this page of the AR. It looks to me like she had several prescription drugs in her system aside from fentanyl. It hasn’t been stated that he necessarily gave her the fentanyl so I’m curious now. It doesn’t take away from the gravity of this case regardless.

View attachment 369839
Those are the reporting limits for the tests that were performed. Those are not the results of what was found in her system. Those are pretty standard tox tests so not interesting that they were run

FWIW metabolites are still seen in OD cases. The body continues to metabolize for a while after death and most drugs undergo post mortem redistribution which means metabolite and concentration changes depending on the sample collection site.

ETA: I should’ve kept reading before I posted. I see others clarified this.

Last edited:
In my opinion, he would not complicate intentional dosing of fentanyl with having to dissolve it and load a syringe. Intramuscular injection does not have immediate results, and he surely wasn't going to be injecting into a vein. Way too much planning for a disorganized violent sex offender.
MOO
My thoughts too. I think he could have placed a tablet in her mouth after incapacitating her and the oral transmucosal absorption would be fast enough to get her pretty high. Pharmacokinetics of non-intravenous formulations of fentanyl (I know this reference is for pharmaceutical grade fentanyl- not street fentanyl, but the pharmacokinetics would be similar.)

I assume he got the fentanyl from his brother, who we know has been charged with possession of fentanyl. It will be interesting to see if he gets additional charges if they can prove he is the source of the fentanyl. "Marion Abston was arrested for possession of a controlled substance with intent to manufacture and sell fentanyl, possession of a controlled substance with intent to manufacture and sell heroin and being a convicted felon in possession of a firearm during the commission of a dangerous felonly" [sic].

I assume he got the fentanyl from his brother, who we know has been charged with possession of fentanyl. It will be interesting to see if he gets additional charges if they can prove he is the source of the fentanyl. "Marion Abston was arrested for possession of a controlled substance with intent to manufacture and sell fentanyl, possession of a controlled substance with intent to manufacture and sell heroin and being a convicted felon in possession of a firearm during the commission of a dangerous felonly" [sic].
What a family:(
Are there any more brothers?

Those are the reporting limits for the tests that were performed. Those are not the results of what was found in her system. Those are pretty standard tox tests so not interesting that they were run

FWIW metabolites are still seen in OD cases. The body continues to metabolize for a while after death and most drugs undergo post mortem redistribution which means metabolite and concentration changes depending on the sample collection site.

ETA: I should’ve kept reading before I posted. I see others clarified this.
I appreciate the explanation nonetheless. ;)

Fentanyl and fentanyl metabolites were found in her system postmortem. It is well established with forensic toxicologists that Fentanyl is a drug that is used as a 'knock out' drug in Drug-Facilitated Sexual Assault (DFSA). Its use may be less common than typical date rape drugs, but it is one that has been used in the commission of a crime. The mode of administration is currently unknown. </br>

Regarding rape, the postmortem exam at autopsy was inconclusive. This is likely due to the state of decomposition. Finding the remains unclothed, abducted by an aggressive, violent, convicted felon predator with previous rape charges, lends credence that this was a sexually motivated crime. </br>

I believe she was drugged after the violent abduction and being forcibly placed in the vehicle. Perhaps during the 4 minutes the vehicle was still on scene of the abduction. Her facial fractures may have occurred while being forced into the vehicle (hits face and head on exterior of door frame or pummeled to the ground in a struggle) while it's also possible he was raging, high on drugs and delivered a strike to her face. </br>

Horrific, senseless, preventable tragedy. :(
I would say rape did occur due to a black wavy hair found in her stomach.

OK, anybody want to speculate why the tongue was absent?
I wouldn't be surprised by small nocturnal wildlife in the area.

On a separate note...this is interesting, the article states that CAH served 20 years, of a 24 year sentence, that he should have been in prison for his entire sentence, than Eliza Fletcher would be alive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back