Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Daily Mail article has residents around Loxbeare Drive saying they saw Leah walk past 'every day' yet the Citizen article states she varied her route to be safe and maps the alternatives.

Sensational reporting or did she get complacent and predictable?
Why would she need to vary her route for safety. I am not trying to be facetious, genuinely asking, did she have something specifically to be worried about?

ETA - Obviously it seems that there was something on this route to be worried about, but I mean in a more general sense of being hyper vigilant for some reason.

The Daily Mail article has residents around Loxbeare Drive saying they saw Leah walk past 'every day' yet the Citizen article states she varied her route to be safe and maps the alternatives.

"She varied her route to be safe"? - Can you expand on that at all? I've never known anyone who varies their route to work for safety reasons.

i think the 'varying your route' is just a mum thing! i told my girls the same.

Isn't Buzzacot lane a dead end? lots of paths/alleys to cut through on foot....but if someone was following in a vehicle then she would be difficult to follow if cutting through random streets

There’s a plant in the window, a sign of the house being lived in.The same crusty truck broken down outside is in the same spot as in the 2018 the street view where you can also see the building sack on the house driveway of no2 Loxbeare drive. It was busy with police, news reporters and curious people. One journalist I asked told me they had seen scaffolding and other building materials coming out of the house throughout the day.

Attachments

• BB6AEDFE-3179-478F-B793-AC500D34C3CC.jpeg
    BB6AEDFE-3179-478F-B793-AC500D34C3CC.jpeg
    258.5 KB · Views: 202
I wonder could any of us find any listings of the property to determine whether it was a short term or long term let. Interesting comment mentioned earlier regarding Mr.X (I think) working for a property management company in the area which would likely give him access to multiple properties.

Just catching up now.

I’ve seen a couple of comments stating that it’s unlikely that these homes would be a holiday let. I’ve found a property on the road (not no 2) that is being advertised as a holiday home by SALAAM LETTINGS.
A lot of the bigger executive houses in Milton Keynes are purchased and then the rooms are rented to multiple occupants.
The problem with these type of multiple occupancy properties is there tends to be a high turnover of tenants.

I'm not saying this is the case with this property, but it does make you wonder.

Why would she need to vary her route for safety. I am not trying to be facetious, genuinely asking, did she have something specifically to be worried about?

ETA - Obviously it seems that there was something on this route to be worried about, but I mean in a more general sense of being hyper vigilant for some reason.
No idea, I've only seen it mentioned in connection with her mum. I do remember it being discussed on here at the time it appeared in an article (don't ask me when) but from the response of posters it's not unusual.

Do we know where Leah used to work?..the papers reported that she was a quiet girl not clubbing and pubbing ...could her killer be someone connected to her work?

There’s a plant in the window, a sign of the house being lived in.The same crusty truck broken down outside is in the same spot as in the 2018 the street view where you can also see the building sack on the house driveway of no2 Loxbeare drive. It was busy with police, news reporters and curious people. One journalist I asked told me they had seen scaffolding and other building materials coming out of the house throughout the day.

That plant is definitely plastic LOL

oh come on.....most females vary their route, cross roads if someone is behind us for more than a few yards, cross over to the brighter lit part of the street, cross over to avoid the workmen....all part of being female!! if you are male and questioning this behaviour then welcome to our world!! fun isn't it?

I think she varied her route around Furzton Lake

oh come on.....most females vary their route, cross roads if someone is behind us for more than a few yards, cross over to the brighter lit part of the street, cross over to avoid the workmen....all part of being female!! if you are male and questioning this behaviour then welcome to our world!! fun isn't it?
I didn't question the behaviour so much as ask if there was a specific reason for it. As I mentioned it is outside of my experience, not trying to make this a gender thing.

Salaam Lettings appears to have quite a few 'holiday homes' in the Milton Keynes area. But the properties, mostly flats or small houses, look more like basic short term lets for people moving between places, or needing somewhere short term to stay?

Some consultants I used to work with would rent a house for the week together instead of travelling from London to MK everyday in the week.

Female here. Used to walk/cycle to work everyday, the same route. So, no I don't believe it is 'most' females. Never felt the need to avoid workmen either!?! Not into stereotyping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trivialdrift