CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
2021 rbbm
“Currently several persons have been implicated, through witness statements, as responsible for the murders of Bernard Sherman and Honey Sherman,” a homicide detective wrote in an application for a production order in June 2018. But the detective noted that “to date, there is no evidence to elevate any of the forementioned parties to the status of a suspect.”

''A small mark on Honey’s right eye, believed to be the result of her being struck, caused police to quickly label Honey’s case as murder.''

''As previously reported, Barry and Honey met with builders of their new home at the Apotex offices at 5 p.m. The meeting was to have been at Old Colony, but for some unknown reason was changed to Apotex. Builder Joe Brennan recalled to police that while Barry normally worked late, he commented that he had a reason to be home earlier than usual.''

''More specific allegations were made to police by the four Sherman children — Jonathon, Lauren, Alexandra and Kaelen — and a handful of Sherman friends interviewed by police.

There are extensive redactions in this part of the police documents — the names of at least three men who separately knew their father and the children’s theories as to why they were involved.''

''The Star knows, through interviews with family members including Jonathon and Alexandra, the identities of at least two of the individuals — both men — put forward by the children as potential suspects. We are not identifying them at this time. Both men were interviewed by the police and the Star, both provided alibis to police and the Star for their whereabouts, and said they had nothing to do with the murders.''

''By the summer of 2018, police had interviewed about 150 people, made up of family and friends of the Shermans. That included five men who passed around “gossip” first overheard in a hot tub at the Mayfair fitness club in North York. As police were told, there was a rumour going around that a “private investigator had Honey’s phone or GPS and was able to track her movements before she arrived home” the night she was murdered. As police discovered, the man who overheard the conversation (he did not know the Shermans) kept his eyes closed and never saw the two men having the discussion across from him in the hot tub.''

It would not surprise me if the perp/s did not go to Pearson Airport, but to some other airport out of town, or even stopped in to visit friends etc.to justify a trip to Toronto, or even just to the neighborhood, speculation, imo.

Oct 28 2022 Article was updated 22 mins ago
''Toronto police never checked Toronto Pearson International Airport cameras to see if any potential suspects — including the mysterious “Walking Man” caught on neighbourhood surveillance cameras — left the country immediately after killing Barry and Honey Sherman, a Toronto court has heard.

“Why would we do that,” Det. Const. Dennis Yim said during cross examination by a Toronto Star reporter last week. “The person could have changed their appearance.”

'Meanwhile, police documents revealed during this court process explain one of the big problems with this unsolved case. The forensic review of the crime scene does “not point the investigation towards any specific identified suspect.” That means that any fingerprints, palmprints, and DNA material taken from the Sherman home did not help them figure out who might have committed the crime.''

''Following up on this, the Star asked Yim if police pulled footage from Pearson airport, to see if someone with the unusual gait went through security.
Yim replied: “I don’t know, no, I don’t think so.” Yim said the problem with trying to pinpoint the “Walking Man” on airport security footage is “there’s no image or facial detail” in the home security footage they do have. He also said the Walking Man “could have changed their clothing, they could have done all sorts of things.”

Last edited:
2021 rbbm
“Currently several persons have been implicated, through witness statements, as responsible for the murders of Bernard Sherman and Honey Sherman,” a homicide detective wrote in an application for a production order in June 2018. But the detective noted that “to date, there is no evidence to elevate any of the forementioned parties to the status of a suspect.”

''A small mark on Honey’s right eye, believed to be the result of her being struck, caused police to quickly label Honey’s case as murder.''

''As previously reported, Barry and Honey met with builders of their new home at the Apotex offices at 5 p.m. The meeting was to have been at Old Colony, but for some unknown reason was changed to Apotex. Builder Joe Brennan recalled to police that while Barry normally worked late, he commented that he had a reason to be home earlier than usual.''

''More specific allegations were made to police by the four Sherman children — Jonathon, Lauren, Alexandra and Kaelen — and a handful of Sherman friends interviewed by police.

There are extensive redactions in this part of the police documents — the names of at least three men who separately knew their father and the children’s theories as to why they were involved.''

''The Star knows, through interviews with family members including Jonathon and Alexandra, the identities of at least two of the individuals — both men — put forward by the children as potential suspects. We are not identifying them at this time. Both men were interviewed by the police and the Star, both provided alibis to police and the Star for their whereabouts, and said they had nothing to do with the murders.''

''By the summer of 2018, police had interviewed about 150 people, made up of family and friends of the Shermans. That included five men who passed around “gossip” first overheard in a hot tub at the Mayfair fitness club in North York. As police were told, there was a rumour going around that a “private investigator had Honey’s phone or GPS and was able to track her movements before she arrived home” the night she was murdered. As police discovered, the man who overheard the conversation (he did not know the Shermans) kept his eyes closed and never saw the two men having the discussion across from him in the hot tub.''
Were the men JK and FDA or KW?

It would not surprise me if the perp/s did not go to Pearson Airport, but to some other airport out of town, or even stopped in to visit friends etc.to justify a trip to Toronto, or even just to the neighborhood, speculation, imo.

''Toronto police never checked Toronto Pearson International Airport cameras to see if any potential suspects — including the mysterious “Walking Man” caught on neighbourhood surveillance cameras — left the country immediately after killing Barry and Honey Sherman, a Toronto court has heard.

“Why would we do that,” Det. Const. Dennis Yim said during cross examination by a Toronto Star reporter last week. “The person could have changed their appearance.”

'Meanwhile, police documents revealed during this court process explain one of the big problems with this unsolved case. The forensic review of the crime scene does “not point the investigation towards any specific identified suspect.” That means that any fingerprints, palmprints, and DNA material taken from the Sherman home did not help them figure out who might have committed the crime.''

''Following up on this, the Star asked Yim if police pulled footage from Pearson airport, to see if someone with the unusual gait went through security.
Yim replied: “I don’t know, no, I don’t think so.” Yim said the problem with trying to pinpoint the “Walking Man” on airport security footage is “there’s no image or facial detail” in the home security footage they do have. He also said the Walking Man “could have changed their clothing, they could have done all sorts of things.”
I find it odd they felt no need to pull the cameras at the airport. So, I guess they never pulled a list of all the people that took flights that night or the next day. I know there would be thousands of names on that so called list but at least if the police had the suspects narrowed down to say 10 or 20 people, they could at least see if they took a flight that evening or the following day.

It doesn't matter which airport(s) they may have used. LE didn't bother checking Pearson. So why would they check *any* airport?

Yim’s comments sound absolutely ridiculous! Using his logic, why would police ever issue a description of a wanted person- after all, “the person could have changed clothes, so what good would a description do……. ?” Ridiculous.
With every revelation like this I get more and more convinced that LE fumbled this investigation terribly. Hard to believe the incompetence that seems to exist in the investigation.

RBBM

“…. Police have not disclosed what day their video review spotted this individual. Police documents show that on Feb. 8, 2018, a detective looked at the so called “Walking Man” video. That is six weeks after the bodies were discovered. Police refuse to say what day the “Walking Man” was actually identified. Portions of the police documents relating to this are sealed by order of Justice Leslie Pringle of the Ontario Court of Justice…”

My bets on who was identified by 5he kids- KW, FDA, Sam Mizrahi
SM is not only connected to BS, but to HS as well..imo.

Board of Directors

''Sam Mizrahi​

Sam Mizrahi is the President of Mizrahi Developments, a private real estate development company. Mizrahi Developments is the first and only company in Canada to be licensed and ISO 9001 Certified for development and construction in both the residential and commercial development sector in Canada and is registered with Tarion and BILD''

''Honey Sherman z"l​

Mrs. Sherman was an active community board member and volunteer who served in leadership positions for Mount Sinai Hospital and Baycrest Centre. She was Past Chair of the United Jewish Appeal Campaign 2006, and the Immediate Past Chair of the Board of Trustees, Jewish Foundation of Greater Toronto. Mrs. Sherman and her husband, Dr. Barry Sherman, established the Apotex Foundation in 1984 to support a wide range of causes in both Canada and the United States''

great discussions :)

haven't been on here for awhile....... interesting newspaper stories but seemingly nothing too new and striking.

a few thoughts,

1) I saw the suggestion of BS stumbling on wrongdoing at Apotex........ I was wondering about when they sold drugs into Eastern Europe. what happened with that? I assume you might run afoul of all kinds of dangerous characters there (especially Russia and ex-USSR)...... quite different but Eduoard Safra in Monte Carlo wouldn't let the fire fighters in because he thought they were Russian mafia. and as a result died. easy to run afoul of these people when money and regulation are involved.. Safra though had a very direct link to all kinds of criminal types.

2) children suggesting 2 men strikes me as 1) JS suggesting JK and FDA, and perhaps 2) at least one one of the daughters suggesting JS.... to me it really means nothing without the S children having some sort of unique insight.

3) wasn't there a suggestion that ex-military (secret service? KGB?) walk with a limp as (I think) they are somehow favouring their weapon side...... of course, wouldn't the hired killer try to hide this characteristic? or, alternatively, pretend to do it if it was not consistent with your background?... haven't seen the video recently. is it really pronounced? or is it just some unique but minor in his gait? (like a slight hitch?)

4) it seems quite likely this was done by a mercenary/professional killer...... so to me, alibis don't matter much. in fact, I'd be less suspicious of a potential suspect who claimed to be watching TV by themselves a mile away?...... too good an alibi is more suspicious. like someone who just happened to do a time stamp from miles away around that time.

5) ... is there much thought as to how a pro killer got into the house so easily?.... just an extra key? is it that simple?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member