Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #151 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
DELPHI, Ind. (WISH) — The suspect in the 2017 murders of Abby and Libby is not cooperating with authorities, a source tells News 8.

Damn, I wish we had more than a sentence on this so we had a better feel for what's going on.

My assumption is that he lawyered up and shut down, which is something I wouldn't generally expect from an innocent person.

DELPHI, Ind. (WISH) — The suspect in the 2017 murders of Abby and Libby is not cooperating with authorities, a source tells News 8.

Well I guess he didn't confess then! I can't wait for him to "find out what they know!"

I’m behind and this is moving fast - what happened with the river? Was something found there?
We just don't know. They searched it for a couple of weeks back towards the end of August, and then a couple months later we learned of an arrest.

So I think there's a reasonable chance they found something there, but there's just no telling.

If he was a good husband and father? Unlikely they’d suspect. If he was abusive then they may have suspected and even reported it or maybe been terrified to say anything.
An intriguing thought which if true, might explain why no search/warrant for inside his home - presumably this is not needed if the co-owner hands stuff over/invites police in? (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

He may have taken the back road from his house right up to Deer Creek near the Monon High Bridge.

Do any locals know how easy it would be to drive up to here, park your car and access the Bridge from this location?

It shows this as under 2 miles from his house with map below.

It looks like he was right under LE's nose the entire time.

1667172020570.png

Zero surprise there. One reason many speculated LE held back so much info was that things only the killer knows could help convict him. I have NEVER understood that because I can not ever imagine BG confession or giving any info to LE. Just not gonna happen. He’s going to make them prove every tiny scrap of info they have.moo

If he was a good husband and father? Unlikely they’d suspect. If he was abusive then they may have suspected and even reported it or maybe been terrified to say anything.
An intriguing thought which if true, might explain why no search/warrant for inside his home - presumably this is not needed if the co-owner hands stuff over/invites police in? (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Ok. HI ALL! Finally caught up. I am blown away by this development! But ... I wonder if the people in the town of Delphi are? Someone in the last thread (#150) was bewildered by the lack of people running to the press with info, as they said would have happened in their country of, IIRC, the UK. And were we different in some way. I gigglesnorted because - NO WE ARE NOT DIFFERENT as a society in the US, IMHO. But ... Delphi does seem different. They are to be commended for closing ranks and keeping info to themselves (aside from some early alleged leaks), IMO. This community seems, to me, as tight-knit and determined, and they did what it takes, collectively, as a whole, to keep their lips sealed to outsiders, and I really commend them for that.
More thoughts to follow. This seems worthy of its own post.

For those wondering if his wife or family suspected him. The BTK serial killer was never suspected by his wife, children or fellow church members. One of his victims was an elderly woman who lived across the street from him. His family had no idea!

Begs the question, do we ever really know someone? Kind of creepy.

Doesn't surprise me at all. I do not think he will give away anything and certainly won't plead guilty. JMO.

Tomorrow is my wedding anniversary but I am more excited to hear what LE has to say. I live very close to Delphi and have followed this since the girls were first reported missing. It has been a long road for sure but I am most grateful that these 2 families and all their friends and love ones will be getting answers. So many of us have held Libby and Abby as well as their families in our hearts. Bless them and all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle