Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #152 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

Status
Not open for further replies.
and also the God stuff. should be separation of church and state and is just gonna add to venue/jury pool issues
This bothered me a bit too. I believe in God, but I suspect my God is different from theirs. I also believe in the separation of church and state <modsnip: unnecessary comments re: LE>

Last edited by a moderator:
That there is any connection between RA and KAK is only speculation at this time.

Since RA lived so close to the bridge and probably knew there was no school that day, as it was known as a young peoples hang out, why would he need to be informed that two teens were going there?

I’m admit I’m stuck on LE saying they believe it was a unplanned crime involving circumstance and opportunity which means to me the girls were the unfortunate victims simply because they crossed paths with a killer. JMO
When did LE make that statement though. Was it before they knew about KK? I don't remember.

This was my first thought, inheritance pretty close thought tho. RIMO, odd to refinance after 5 years for possibly a larger monthly payment while the loan amount is almost as much as the original amount. Same time daughter is may be finishing up high school. If it wasn't inheritance it was a pretty good side gig, or a big promotion. Probably was inheritance, but, why strap yourself into a larger monthly payment(assuming they went from 30year to 15year) when you may actually be better off paying on principal reducing the interest. If you knew an inheritance was inevitable, pay it off as a lump sum + penalty. So just interesting, nothing more really.

Had a morbid thought to check if there were any other missing children cases in that time frame.
It’s not uncommon for parents to refi or take out a home equity loan when children go to college. Equity can be used for anything, including education, travel as empty nesters, weddings, new vehicles, etc. JMO

“He would come in and we would always talk about the girls and everything,” Matlock, 75, told The Daily Beast on Monday. “We would carry on conversations about it, he would say, you know, it’s such a tragedy, and we’d say we felt sorry for the families and all that, but we tried not to talk about it too much because we all knew the families, and were friends with the families.”

It’s intriguing to hear that he was out and about in the community and seemed a nice guy. Nobody had any idea it was him so far from the few talking.

I still believe he has no connection to any of the nonces in the area.

IMO

He may have been working the register and checked them, not charging for photos.

Jmo
He actually processed the photos and then didn't charge them.

Reporter: "There's a report going around right now that this Mr. Allen actually processed some photos for the family at the CVS. Do you know if that's accurate?"

Mother: "That is accurate"

Reporter: "OK, and that he didn't charge the family when they came in to claim the photos?"

Mother: *nods* "That is correct".

Reporter: "And you know that first hand? We're always careful <didn't catch what he said>"

Mother: *one nod* "Yes"

WTHR source:

MOO as many short men do, he is likely a usual wearer of elevator shoes.
Typically adds 3-4 inches of height. He would appear 5’7” or 5’8”

I'm sure he got rid of the shoes used during the murders, but it would be interesting to see if some or all of his other shoes have lifts. Maybe he deliberately went to flats (whatever a male equivalent is of those) afterwards to emphasize his being altitude-challenged, and moving him off the suspect bullseye? Moo

Did they ever release shoe size of the suspect? Those I think are harder to fake (?) and would really narrow the field. Especially if they were little feet instead of sz 12 clodhoppers.

Also any occurrence of other footprints in a rarely travelled area would of course indicate more suspects. Unless the scene was already contaminated by footprints of searchers. Soooo many questions.

Moo

Teenage girls won’t pay attention to an older man. Not their age group, not their interests. They likely saw him, but maybe not even remembered. They were interested in a cute 19-year old. This is how their mind works. ))
I respectfully disagree. Perhaps not all teenage girls will pay attention to an older man, but some most certainly do. I can use myself as an example. At age 10 or so (so not even a teen) my first crush was the actor Kevin McCarthy. He was 42 when I saw him in The Invasion of the Body Snatchers (below if you haven't seen the film and don't recognize the clip). Then I went on at age 19 to date someone 13 yrs my Sr. and almost married him. We were together for years.

So trust me when I say... I paid attention to older men when I was a young lass. LOL They were SO much more interesting and better looking than the "stupid boys" my age. I also hung out with adults at a very young age at holiday parties because I thought the kids my age were immature (they were). The adults didn't mind me hanging around because I didn't act like the other kids. All MOO and my personal experiences.

1667252204141.png

“He would come in and we would always talk about the girls and everything,” Matlock, 75, told The Daily Beast on Monday. “We would carry on conversations about it, he would say, you know, it’s such a tragedy, and we’d say we felt sorry for the families and all that, but we tried not to talk about it too much because we all knew the families, and were friends with the families.”
The fact that RA would actually talk about the killings is crazy to me. He definitely was hiding in plain sight.

That there is any connection between RA and KAK is only speculation at this time.

Since RA lived so close to the bridge and probably knew there was no school that day, as it was known as a young peoples hang out, why would he need to be informed that two teens were going there?

I’m admit I’m stuck on LE saying they believe it was a unplanned crime involving circumstance and opportunity which means to me the girls were the unfortunate victims simply because they crossed paths with a killer. JMO
Absolutely, any connection between RA and KK is purely speculation based on many coincidences and the fact KK has admitted to being in contact with Libby via anthonyshots.

Not only did Allen help Libby’s grandparents with photos at CVS….but they were for Libby’s funeral!!

Patty does not know Allen, she said, but German is a regular at the CVS and knew Allen from shopping at the store. She recalled a specific encounter with Allen following Libby’s death.

“I went into the store to print photos of Libby for the funeral, and he was the one who helped me,” German said. “I was a mess trying to get the images off my phone. Once they were printed, he looked at me and said, ‘I’m not gonna charge you for this.’”

Not only did Allen help Libby’s grandparents with photos at CVS….but they were for Libby’s funeral!!

Patty does not know Allen, she said, but German is a regular at the CVS and knew Allen from shopping at the store. She recalled a specific encounter with Allen following Libby’s death.

“I went into the store to print photos of Libby for the funeral, and he was the one who helped me,” German said. “I was a mess trying to get the images off my phone. Once they were printed, he looked at me and said, ‘I’m not gonna charge you for this.’”

This truly makes me ill.

This is the kind of thing that happens in a bad movie. Just unbelievable.

Has anyone from Delphi ever said if Richard Allen was a well known figure in the community? And by well known, I don't mean "the guy who works at CVS" I mean, known by name. Someone popular socially within the community.

Any indication where burn pit was located? I wondered if it was legal in IN, esp. within some distance of foliage/structures? I thought at first perhaps one's own trash could be being burnt, so as not to put curbside, if that's allowed in the area? I wonder if he ate at work or wore gloves often? Surely obtaining DNA would be easier than say serving a search warrant on some other infraction to isolate DNA in a new location, sans burnt pit? Via relatives, etc? All speculation of course.
Ugh...so many of these cases have burn pits.

Following Monday’s news conference, Carter told HLN he had “already gotten tips directly since 10 o’clock.”
……
While details are not yet forthcoming, a couple who lives near Allen and asked not to be named said they saw unmarked police vehicles at Allen’s home October 13. Close to nightfall, a deputy arrived with a sheet of paper, which the deputy showed to Allen before they began searching the house and yard. the neighbors said.

A tow truck took away Allen’s black SUV, they said, and officers exited the home with bundles of cloth or clothing, a stack of books, a shopping bag and a shoebox. They also set up lights in the back yard next to a shed and dug out two small areas, while appearing to use a metal detector, they said. Allen remained outside the home, and his wife left twice, returning the second time after deputies had left.

One of the neighbors asked a deputy whether he should be worried, and the deputy responded, “Just remain vigilant, especially with your wife and daughters.”

Allen never stood out, the couple said. He lives with his wife and cat and rarely has visitors, they said. They frequently saw him in his driveway smoking cigarettes and drinking beer after work, they said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther