Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know that it has been discounted just because Wendy Hudson did not mention it. As per a post (#63) from drsleuth a little further down from the post that you referenced, it is not totally clear if things were said in statements that were not brought up at the inquest.
And as we have now come to realise, there are many things that were not mentioned at the inquest.

We also don't know who it was said to, or exactly when that morning sister saw William running towards "daddy's car". The information wasn't known to us until Feb 2020. I think sister is being protected, as she should be.

I understand that the vehicle colours were different. There was discussion in past threads about whether a light grey vehicle and PS' vehicle could resemble each other to young children who were expecting daddy to come home soon.

It was one of the red flags that Jubes identified as needing to be followed up (as per the DT article that I have linked a few times now).
That is awfully strange that GJ would not have wanted to follow up more on the sister saying she saw her brother running toward daddy's car, if she said that. And it is also awfully strange that the inquest would not have focused more on that pronouncement by the sister, if there had been one. Otherwise, why even have an inquest. Why would there be discussion about whether a light grey vehicle and PS' white vehicle could resemble each other, if 'daddy's car' wasn't either of those colors? This just doesn't make sense.

That is awfully strange that GJ would not have wanted to follow up more on the sister saying she saw her brother running toward daddy's car, if she said that. And it is also awfully strange that the inquest would not have focused more on that pronouncement by the sister, if there had been one. Otherwise, why even have an inquest. Why would there be discussion about whether a light grey vehicle and PS' white vehicle could resemble each other, if 'daddy's car' wasn't either of those colors? This just doesn't make sense.

Jubes said it was a red flag (along with other red flags), in the DT article. He was following up by investigating PS.

He mentions in his latest book Badness that questions were also not asked of PS at the inquest, like why wasn't PS asked about the strange comments they heard on the secret recordings.

(I will go and look for the exact quote in his book, about those concerns, if you want it.)

As for past discussions, we didn't know what colour the FF car was at the time. There were also reports (and discussions) of a 4WD speeding in the area at the time, some thought it was white. Turned out later on that it was probably the vehicle that RC saw (light beige), but we didn't know about RC at the time.

Last edited:
Jubes said it was a red flag (along with other red flags), in the DT article. He was following up by investigating PS.

He mentions in his latest book Badness that questions were also not asked of PS at the inquest, like why wasn't PS asked about the strange comments they heard on the secret recordings.

(I will go and look for the exact quote in his book, about those concerns, if you want it.)

As for past discussions, we didn't know what colour the FF car was at the time. There were also reports (and discussions) of a 4WD speeding in the area at the time, some thought it was white. Turned out later on that it was probably the vehicle that RC saw (light beige), but we didn't know about RC at the time.
So which color did PS' car have? (MFC's car was a very similar color at least, if not the same.)

So which color did PS' car have? (MFC's car was a very similar color at least, if not the same.)
As per Caroline Overington’s Book, Missing William Tyrrell, PS car was white, absolutely nothing like the colour of FF car ….which IIRC was greenish grey.

Then there was Mr Savage. Like many retirees, he takes daily walks up the fire trails, keeping himself fit and limber. He also has a white Pajero four-wheel drive. ”
Missing William Tyrrell ebook by Caroline Overington - Rakuten Kobo

IMO

JMO – With the more recent behaviour being problematic, did the Fosters anticipate that William would only prove more and more of a handful for them (They had previously thought that they could control how William would turn out), and took it upon themselves to find a way out of further fostering of him?
Now there lies a path surely three adults plus A N other would have needed to have nerves of steel to pull off

It was alleged the foster mother lied during the Crime Commission hearing, when she denied ever hitting a child – who was not William Tyrrell – with a wooden spoon.

She pleaded not guilty to a charge of knowingly giving false or misleading evidence before ultimately being acquitted on Friday.

Last year, police planted listening devices in her home and car, as well as setting up phone taps, the court heard.

The court was played audio from one of the bugs, in which a child could be heard sobbing and saying “no” and “please”.

It was alleged by police that the audio picked up an incident in which the child was struck with a wooden spoon.

Phone taps played to the court also heard her telling her husband that she had hit the child “really hard with that wooden spoon” and “she’s going to have a massive welt on her leg, she didn’t even cry”.

During her evidence before the Crime Commission, the foster mother said she “never” hit the child with a wooden spoon.

Last edited:
It was alleged the foster mother lied during the Crime Commission hearing, when she denied ever hitting a child – who was not William Tyrrell – with a wooden spoon.

She pleaded not guilty to a charge of knowingly giving false or misleading evidence before ultimately being acquitted on Friday.

Last year, police planted listening devices in her home and car, as well as setting up phone taps, the court heard.

The court was played audio from one of the bugs, in which a child could be heard sobbing and saying “no” and “please”.

It was alleged by police that the audio picked up an incident in which the child was struck with a wooden spoon.

Phone taps played to the court also heard her telling her husband that she had hit the child “really hard with that wooden spoon” and “she’s going to have a massive welt on her leg, she didn’t even cry”.

During her evidence before the Crime Commission, the foster mother said she “never” hit the child with a wooden spoon.

JMO - In accepting the decision which has been handed down by Magistrate Moody, I can imagine that it could be very distressing for the FFC to have to face the fact that during the Court Hearing those in attendance heard the evidence .... which was played in the form of audio from one of the bugs, in which a child could be heard sobbing and saying “no” and “please”.

I wonder which child was sobbing, and which child didn't even cry.

This is an article already posted here and dated the 4th November. What is the significance of your bolding? She has been found not guilty of the lying charge?

JMO - In accepting the decision which has been handed down by Magistrate Moody, I can imagine that it could be very distressing for the FFC to have to face the fact that during the Court Hearing those in attendance heard the evidence .... which was played in the form of audio from one of the bugs, in which a child could be heard sobbing and saying “no” and “please”.
Yes l could imagine it would be distressing to hear something like that that you regret terribly. We can’t assume she was distressed because other people heard, it could simply be having to relive what she did and how upset she made her daughter.

We might never know, but the main thing is that the police know. I'd say the one about to be hit with the spoon was crying and the FFFC lied to her husband about it IMO

I don't know.

The charges allege that FM hit the child in the head with the wooden spoon.

The phone call said "she’s going to have a massive welt on her leg, she didn’t even cry".

I don't know.

The phone call said "she’s going to have a massive welt on her leg, she didn’t even cry".

What’s even more disturbing is the possibility that the child who was crying may have been the other child in her care, especially if that child was removed from a violent environment and then to witness an episode like that would be very traumatic.

The definition of smacking a child
The use of physical force with the intention of causing a child to experience pain, but not injury, for the purpose of correcting or controlling the child’s behaviour.

“the child” was left with marks/welts/bruising to the body as a result of the physical abuse inflicted by the Ffc. Clearly the marks were intended to remind the child of that event.

AND

I can’t think of anything more demoralising for a child than to be hit or slapped across the head or face. An act like this can cause permanent damage to a child’s self-esteem, especially if the action is seen by other family or friends.

I question whether “the child” was acting out towards the younger child because of jealousy or in reaction to what she has witnessed or experienced herself.

I have no details but was replying to the post above implying a plan to do something to further move W on .., such a plan would be tricky !!
The fp would have to have nerves of steel to vindicate themselves of any responsibility to Ws disappearance. Ffc has never openly expressed any guilt or remorse or regret for leaving W unattended that morning.

3yo W “with all his boisterous energy ” was left to play in an area of the yard that was away from the Ffc direct line of sight?
Clearly W was bored. There was no swing no trampoline no soccer ball or football to kick around. A little basketball ring even. Some of these things can easily fit in a car and can be taken with you wherever you go. What better way is there for a child to learn and improve cognitive and coordination skills. There were coloured pencils for the girl to play and draw with , as lots of lil girls enjoy colouring in. But what did W have to play with outside? No huge Lego blocks.. nothing at all.. How do you expect to keep a 3yo boy full of energy entertained for hrs?
We know the kids had some toys to play with and at some point were playing with the toys inside. If the kids were outside why weren’t the toys outside to? Why weren’t there toys scattered all over the backyard? That would make sense right!!!
I’ve even thought about the kids riding their bikes that morning. Fgm house was in a dead end street. There was so much area for the kids to ride their bikes on and seeing that W was really good on his bike, why restrict them to only riding up and down the driveway?

Another thing to point out Could W have been testing the boundaries by jumping out and roaring from the “side balcony” not the patch of grass next to it, to see if Ffc notices where he’s playing?Maybe after a couple of roars he realises that no one is aware he is on the balcony and so of he goes. Does Ffc become aware of this when taking sister to the toilet as does fgm? Imagine as a child being cornered by a parent when you know you have done something wrong and the fear of being punished is overwhelming. Do you stay and face the punishment even if it’s a smack or do you jump and run off? I guess it all depends on how great the fear of the punishment will be

Last edited:
I don't know.

and yet... The court was played audio from one of the bugs, in which a child could be heard sobbing and saying “no” and “please”

Old school discipline???

Just like they used to have in schools - where teachers were allowed to smack misbehaving children on the back of the leg or across the hand with rulers. Principals giving the cane for more serious repeat offenders.

But ........ this is not allowed any more in schools - this old school discipline.

Smacking across the face.

Kicking

Hitting with a wooden spoon.

If this child is 10 years old could this have been happening all their life with this person as a discipline technique. MOO

With educated, modern and informed parent/parents. I really cannot accept this "old school disciplining" is acceptable from this couple who know better.

And I don't feel it's just a recent "she snapped" occurrence either. MOO

Old school discipline???

Just like they used to have in schools - where teachers were allowed to smack misbehaving children on the back of the leg or across the hand with rulers. Principals giving the cane for more serious repeat offenders.

But ........ this is not allowed any more in schools - this old school discipline.

Smacking across the face.

Kicking

Hitting with a wooden spoon.

If this child is 10 years old could this have been happening all their life with this person as a discipline technique. MOO

With educated, modern and informed parent/parents. I really cannot accept this "old school disciplining" is acceptable from this couple who know better.

And I don't feel it's just a recent "she snapped" occurrence either. MOO

Quite apart from the ethical issue, the major problem I have with this is these people are foster carers of someone else's child and, as such, they have direct access to the associated authority to discuss behavioral problems, so IMO there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for them to decide that they need to hit the child. None at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BJarv