ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We still believe this is a targeted attack, but there is still a suspect who murdered 4 people. So be vigil.

Call came in unconcious person, stabbing. Not until officers arrived did they find the scene.

The other 2 people WERE THERE why didn't they make the call sooner was asked by reporter.

Was same weapon used? Waiting on autopsy results.

Last edited:
If you do some searching on the internet you'll find many sites talking about the sound level of firearms. Here's a pretty good article about this.

Assuming that we are talking about handguns, based on the article above and other information I've found over the years:
  • The decibel (dB) levels for handguns is 155 - 165dB (depending on the caliber, ranging from a .25 ACP to a .357) or an average of 158 dB.
  • On average, with a suppressor, the dB is only reduced to 110-120 dB at best
  • Firing a gun with a pillow, will only reduce the dB by about 30 at best or (using the ranges above) 125-135 dB.
Below is a noise level chart.

So, a non-suppressed handgun is going to be as loud or louder than well, a gunshot, depending on the caliber.

With a suppressor, a handgun is still going to be louder than a trombone, dog barking in your ear or ice cream truck (best case) or siren or rock/pop concert (worst case).

With a pillow it is going to be louder than a siren or rock/pop concert (best case) or a jet engine from 100 yards away (worst case)

View attachment 380209

Additionally, covering a semi-automatic pistol with a pillow has a pretty good probability of jamming the gun resulting in the inability to fire another round until the shooter took the time to un-jam the gun.

Not sure what effect (re: jamming) it would have with a revolver. But I would imagine with a typical revolver with a hammer, part of the pillow could get caught between the hammer and body of the gun making it difficult to fire a second, or more, round(s) until the pillow was removed. A hammerless revolver, I'm not sure about jamming at all. But, it goes back to my first point, trying to silence a gun with a pillow is nothing like you see in movies, it would be very loud.
The only instance I recall is the case of Stephanie Lazurus , a police officer who shot her "boyfriend's" new wife and "The fact that someone was able to mask the gunshot with a blanket". 8:23 mark of

This reminds me so much of many, many interactions i’ve had at bars with guys who were way too interested in me and I wasn’t feeling it.

Since the girls ubered home, if someone from the bar harmed them, they would have had to follow their uber home.
I'm more concerned about this on campus party that Ethan and Xana were at. I think that's a bit more likely to be connected than anything.

MM, to me, looked like she was intoxicated. She wasn't very steady on her feet, stumbles a few times. And I think the foot truck guy made a statement that they appeared a bit intoxicated. Not that it matters. Certainly nothing unusual about that for a college kid on a weekend night.
Yes the one on the right side of the screen seemed in moo to weave back and forth.

Last edited:
Chief is being coy about who the 911 caller is. Won't say if one of the two surviving roommates made that call.
If the scene was as horrific as those who saw it describe, why would the term unconscious even come up? If a roommate called, surely they would have seen some of that horror? I can't even really put a coherent thought together ha, that really threw me off guard.

Police chief says they worked 'with the university' to determine whether or not there is an ongoing threat?

Why would the university be placed to advise that? Surely they would have a PR agenda on their own behalf that wouldn't make their input into that decision useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KimKat