ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so sorry for the families and friends.
IMO the call reporting the unconcious person was made by the perp who must have known somehow that the victims had not been discovered.
Had he been watching the house or cruising by randomly to check on LE response and when he saw none, called in an unconcious person?
Or had a helper do it.

Ahhh ok so the 2nd floor from the back is where the sliding doors were . Which makes me think that’s where they entered and then encountered Ethan and after continued up to the other girls room probably totally skipping the downstairs assuming all bedrooms were covered
I think so. It's possible that the person responsible did not realize other people were in the house - most likely downstairs.

Kaylee's Instagram which is already linked confirmed there are 5 roommates in the home. One bedroom was probably just a guest room.
Or a roommate that fell through. Most student housing is based on full occupancy.

So if there were 2 surviving people in the house (called 'roommates' by LE in the presser), and yet the officer speaking stumbled over 'how many?', and said "<stutter> believe 2". I don't think we really know whether it was 2 roommates or one roomate + a romantic partner.

Wasn't there a photo of all of the roommates on social media? I'll have to look back at that photo.
In the meantime I just want to pass along my extreme condolences to the survivors, who will be traumatized for a long time to come.

I am so sorry for the families and friends.
IMO the call reporting the unconcious person was made by the perp who must have known somehow that the victims had not been discovered.
Had he been watching the house or cruising by randomly to check on LE response and when he saw none, called in an unconcious person?
Or had a helper do it.
Why would the perp call in on his own murder ?

The problem is, they began the investigation by telling people that the crime was 'isolated' ie wasn't likely to happen again, based on evidence the victims had been 'targeted'.

In other words, they implied that they were confident they knew the 'motive' for the killing.

Now it turns out, they don't have a suspect.

How can you have a motive without a suspect?

Genuine question btw, not being rhetorical.
Perhaps it was because one or two of the victims were more brutally attacked than the others? Perhaps they could see there was extreme mania with a particular focus?

The real estate listing describes the house as: “Ideal set up for roommates with 2 beds / 1 bath on each level.”

Thanks!

I think so. It's possible that the person responsible did not realize other people were in the house - most likely downstairs.
Yes which makes me think the two girls upstairs were the targets and that makes me think it was someone who saw them that night and followed . They should check to see if any cars on video seem to be following their Uber

The real estate listing describes the house as: “Ideal set up for roommates with 2 beds / 1 bath on each level.”

Housing in college towns is a big income stream. Some have many properties, with varying degrees of upkeep. Will be interesting to see if there were maintenance requests for security.

Also prior renters would know the layout, although usually people graduate and move on.

Moo

I often use CityData to get a feel for a town:

The one thing that strikes me is the high level of people living under the poverty line. Could be a ne'er do well local with a grudge against "rich college kids". Or just a rejected suitor.

Could be anything at this point, moo

When I was in college (eons ago) doors were rarely locked on party nights as people filtered through. Colleges in smaller towns generate a sense of security that is absent in big city universities, although even there, kids party a little too much, leave doors open, keys in the door lock, and so on.

When one is 20, one often feels immortal. The older we get, the more security conscious most of us get.

Moo
in college I often locked my bedroom door (and front door) when gone to protect my electronics and valuables, but rarely locked myself in to my bedroom at night for safety, knowing only my other roommates and their s/o’s had access to the house, and the front door was locked.

some have suggested the surviving roommates had their doors locked and that’s why they weren’t attacked, IMO this wouldn’t be a priority to college students in a small town

as for how the killer got in, one of the patio doors is highly likely.

i hope other students are going home/staying elsewhere for their safety. how awful and scary. this person could still be among them.

all JMO

posted a pic of the house but yeah looks like 3 levels, split into a hillside. check it out on google maps. 1122 king road moscow id
Reposting the zillow link that has a detailed description for the house

Also a picture of the house was posted upthread showing the entrance a few posts ago - The house is built into a hill - two bedrooms per floor on three levels with LR Kitchen on middle aka second floor. The LR Kitchen has a deck and slider to rear grade.

When they say the door was still open I take it to mean literally "open". Not just unlocked but open. There was a keypad we have been told by one of the victim's sisters to gain entry. Very possible, as others have stated, the killer entered behind one of the girls after the dog was walked or somehow the door did not shut completely when they got home. Possiblly the killer was not familar with the layout and thought when they got to the second floor - there was not another floor and that is where the survivors were,upstairs on the third in their rooms asleep.

Wondering if they shared/carpooled the last uber ride to their with anybody - when the girls got out did that person ask to use the bathroom ...etc - So glad the fbi is now involved. So many questions.

Terribly Tragic - brutal loss of life - really beyond comprehension

Just IMO

I have read along, but have been at work so I haven’t caught all posts.

I wonder if the perp fled town and the cops are trying to track them down. Like the case with Devon and Lyric. I know the cops have said they don’t have a suspect, but that could be just their own wording.

Remember in that case, they also told the public there was no danger. Just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard