ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide - Moscow #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

11/16/22

Alivea has been on a mission to do some investigating of her own to try to piece together her sister's final hours. She knows Kaylee and another victim, Maddie, had gone to a popular Moscow bar that evening, grabbed food, and taken an uber. They have also looked at cell phone information to pinpoint who she was in contact with that evening. She says both girls were always cautious with safety in mind.

"I want to add, being vigilant in this case was not enough," she said. "They went out in pairs...they went to trusted places...I know for a fact they locked their doors. There was key pad on their door."

Alivea says the home the victim's shared was a popular hangout, including the night before this tragedy. She said it was likely others did know the code to the door, but it's hard to say who or how many.

[..]

Living together was a dream come true for Kaylee and Maddie who had been best friends since elementary school. Kaylee's family says for as far back as anyone can remember they viewed Maddie as another member too. They shared trips, school events, and major family milestone.

View attachment 380333
Kaylee & Maddie

[..]

Kaylee's family says she was set to graduate in December. She had a job all lined up and was excited for the holidays with her family. She had spent the days before this at their home and was set to move back for a few weeks on Tuesday. Her weekend trip to Moscow was supposed to be brief to show her roommates the vehicle she had just purchased.
That so many people knew the code to the keypad is really troubling. MOO

Chief - So, we still believe it's a targeted attack. But the reality is, is there's still a person out there who committed four horrible, horrible crimes. So, I think we got to go back to that there is a threat out there still, possibly. We don't know. We don't believe it's going to be to anybody else, but we all have to be aware of our surroundings and make sure that we're watching out for each other.
Suicide by the perp...

I wonder if a friend came to check on the students because they hadn't returned texts or something, and they noticed Ethan laying in the kitchen and called 911. I also wonder if that sliding door is the open door that law enforcement referred to. It would make more sense than for the keypad door to be left ajar, imo. From pics, it seems like they used that door a lot. Maybe the 911 caller tried to enter that way and saw the 'unconscious' person. moo

I am new to posting about this case. I have to say that finding out Today that there were 2 more roommates home during the murders has me concerned a bit. How did they not hear anthing? Why didn't they contact LE? It sounds like another person called in the crime scene. Could they possibly be the ones LE think are good for the crime? It would then make sense why LE didn't feel anyone else was in danger because they are already watching who they think did it while searching for evidence to the crime. Again, just speculation but a strange case indeed. I hope they catch the culprits soon.

As someone who worked in the court system for many years, I respectfully disagree with your comments. The individual who called 911 may be privy to critical information necessary for a conviction. Publicly naming that person could put him/her in danger and certainly outweighs the public’s interest in knowing the individual’s identity.
Right to know in civil matters is an entirely different question. Keep in mind that ID law specifically allows all matters pertaining to a criminal investigation to be sealed. Accordingly, law enforcement, the prosecutor certainly do not have to divulge specifics in a case like this. Likewise, the court is free to seal all information that could in anyway jeopardize criminal prosecution, endanger a witness or unnecessarily prejudice any defendant.

Thé ID Législature has the sole authority to amend or delete any laws pertaining to criminal law.

Do you have a anymore detail on this, I'm trying to catch up? So one of the roomates who discovered the bodies later passed out?
I think someone not living at the residence (according to the mother of one of the deceased, in the presser) discovered one of the bodies and called for a welfare check saying they were unconscious ?
There's also the question of why the 911 call came in so late ?
Maybe LE have asked the roommates to come in for questioning ?
If not accused of anything, I think you can refuse ?

Graphic :

Maybe didn't want to get too close, and there might not have been visible blood, but instead pooled under the body ?
If you don't know cpr, it's best not to try to do anything, even with the 911 operator walking you through it, you might do more harm than good.
Imo.

Last edited:
First off thank you for doing this! Amazing!

Secondly-
In regards to the quoted information below. This reporter asked this question as gently as possible. Assuming I know what he was asking, which I think I do. I find it telling that it got the gentle yet thorough response it did. Digital device search warrants, app search warrants and more will hopefully provide the information they need.
——
RSBM
Are you thinking that one of the roommates may have had an OnlyFans account linked to her Instagram?

"My sisters did everything right. They went out in the buddy system, they went out together, they ubered out, they stopped and got food. They ubered home, they let their dog out to go potty and then they locked their house up. They did everything right. And this still happened."

I understand her wanting to defend and her pain however she wasn’t there

I wonder if a friend came to check on the students because they hadn't returned texts or something, and they noticed Ethan laying in the kitchen and called 911. I also wonder if that sliding door is the open door that law enforcement referred to. It would make more sense than for the keypad door to be left ajar, imo. From pics, it seems like they used that door a lot. Maybe the 911 caller tried to enter that way and saw the 'unconscious' person. moo
My interpretation of the police chief's saying that the door was "open" meant that it was "unlocked."

Kaylee Goncalves

Do you have a anymore detail on this, I'm trying to catch up? So one of the roomates who discovered the bodies later passed out?
ICYMI: The unconscious/unresponsive person that police responded to on Sunday was among the four deceased found at the crime scene.
That so many people knew the code to the keypad is really troubling. MOO
I also hope that this isn't supposed to come across as slander to any of the victims. I am also a college student, just 20 min away from UofI, same age as two of the victims. It's been stated that their house was a popular hangout spot among their peers and they were also active members of the Greek community. It's likely that they could've even hosted some events at their home and the keypad has an automatic locking system, it wouldn't be strange at all to share the key code in a group chat to trusted friends and sorority sisters. Hope this doesn't come across the wrong way. I lived in a 6bd apartment where we always kept the door unlocked so that we could come and go as we please, or have guests over without having to go downstairs to unlock/open the door.

Good points to ponder !

Asking this as it was pointed out in the presser that LE are wondering the same.
I'm more interested in what was going on with the surviving roommates ?
How did they not see this for nine hours --- even if asleep for at least 5 or 6 of those hours ???

I mentioned that maybe they'd concealed themselves in fear, but again was there any activity on their phones or did anyone else see them in person before the 911 call ?

People go to the kitchen and get some breakfast or lunch, and if the 911 call came in at noon-ish, didn't they go to the bathroom or kitchen before that -- and notice something amiss ?
When you live in a residence, you become familiar with all of the noises and know when some noises are unusual.
M00.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads