ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caller = Suspect in my opinion.
I mean, it's the only thing that makes sense.

They could just come out and say that the caller is not a suspect; they haven't.

The implication of LE saying that one of their phones made the call, but not that one of them made the call, is that a third person called it in.

Why didn't this person use their own phone?
Why did this person report someone as being unconscious, when there no doubt would have been a lot of blood?

Weird.

Well, I haven't read all that much into detail about the Manson murders, but the Mansons killed everyone in the house, correct? A dog barking at them isn't exactly a problem because they didn't care about alerting anyone in the house. Here it is since the dog apparently made no sound - didn't alert the victims nor the two roommates sleeping below. Why? Was the person already in the house prior to them going to sleep (the victims were apparently having party).

That's not what the layout of the house would suggest. There's a staircase on the opposite sides - one going up, other going down that the killer should definitely see, especially since the staircase going down is directly on his way to murder Ethan/Xana. He only chose to go up.
It hasn’t been said anywhere that the surviving roommates heard no sound.

Let’s say they heard a dog barking that night but maybe the dog barked often, it was a college share house with people in and out and loud at all hours. It wouldn’t be an alert alert, call 911 situation for them. Or maybe they slept with earbuds or white noise for the exact reason that things were often noisy in that house especially late on a Saturday night.

It's also highly likely that a friend who knew the access code (since lots of people apparently knew it) walked in and discovered the scene. It's normal not to be able to contact your friends after a big night at college but since all 6 of them were unreachable at noon definitely set off alarm bells and someone probably went over to check what was going on. There's a ton of reason the roommates could have slept through the murders. Sounds like their downstairs rooms used to be garages and were insulated.

'Unconscious person' is definitely emergency-services-talk for someone who is just that - unconscious but nothing else yet known. It's a term they'd use early during the despatch process to be as accurate and general as possible for emergency services. I think that's how it would be reported even if they saw a lot of blood.

Last edited:
I am honestly amazed at the amount of information we are getting in this case. The murders only happened 1 week ago and we know the cause of death, the type of weapon, the location of the bodies of the victims, and the location the 911 call was made from. After almost 6 years after the Delphi murders we finally have an arrest but don't know the cause of death, type of weapon or anything about how the bodies are found. I am getting the feeling that the information is being dripped out on purpose by the FBI BAU to put the squeeze on whomever did this. It honestly feels like with every new piece of information, the noose is tightening. MOO
It does seem that way. I wonder if the sensitivity in Delphi was because the 13 year old victims were defiled. It may have just been heightened sensitivity because of their age. imo.

Totally could make sense - thank you!

I still wonder though how someone could see any of the victims and say it was an "unconscious person" when there was blood everywhere. Maybe we'll find that was a misquote of some sort but it's very strange how you can mistake a stabbing murder victim to someone who is just unconscious.
MOO, what is the roommate started up the stairs already thinking it was oddly quiet in the house, saw E laying on the floor, it was stated early on that E was found on the second floor landing on the ground, but didn't go far enough up to see blood. I read somewhere that the caller specifically said an unconscious person, not an injured person. Since I don't have the links to these stories handy, let's say this is all what if speculation.

If you're in Moscow, wouldn't the US-95 NORTH be the highway in the direction of CDA? I do think CDA has a larger role to play in this than we have already seen. Three victims are from very near to CDA or from CDA.
US-95 south starts at CDA and goes south to Moscow then keeps going South. That's what I'm saying, they want all footage from the start of 95 south, that's Coeur D'Alene and it's a long road

They could just come out and say that the caller is not a suspect; they haven't.

The implication of LE saying that one of their phones made the call, but not that one of them made the call, is that a third person called it in.

Why did this person report someone as being unconscious, when there no doubt would have been a lot of blood?

Weird.
I'm right where you are @MassGuy.

The two survivors survived by pure luck that he didn't go down to the first floor. The one thing that I still find intriguing is if the murders happened between 3-4 AM and one of the surviving roommates made the call, why did they report it as an "unconscious person"? The crime scene was described as a bloody mess so whoever they saw unconscious would've presumably had blood all over or near them.
Not a transcript. Me speculating.

"911. What's your emergency?"

"My, my, my roommate is passed out and covered in blood"

"Is he breathing?"

"I don't know."

(Operator dispatches EMS and LE for unconcious person while continuing to follow script with caller)

I think we can read a lot into the fact that there is no mention of an ambulance or paramedics being dispatched. Perhaps they were. This would be part of a professional police narrative but absent here. Usually you read "911 received a call of an unconcious person at 11:58 AM and EMS was dispatched along with police. Police arrived at 12:02 PM. Paramedics fro the Latah County Fire Department arrived 2 minutes later at 12:04 PM...."

Not all 911 medical calls are emergencies. Not all unconscious persons are emergencies. But an UNOBSERVED unconsciousness is an emergency.

I'm going to speculate that there was a presumtion of an overdose so I would have expected a quick EMS ressponse yet we have heard nothing about that. I'm wondering if the responding officers had their Narcan with them.

so the suspect made the 911 call from the phone of one of the people he murdered from within the residence at 12:00 noon? and stayed in the house 8 hours after committing the murders?
No, I never said that the suspect stayed in the house for 8 hours. It is possible that the suspect came back to the scene of the crime and made the 911 call. Likely? Maybe not, but not unheard of. There are many instances of a perp showing back up at the crime scene and even interjecting himself into the investigation.

Weird.
Yeah. Trying to look all innocent and uninformed with the 'unconscious' line. imo

If this is true, I wonder why the friend didn’t use their own cell phone.

I wonder why anybody wouldn’t use their own cell phone, unless the call was made by one of the surviving roommat
It's also highly likely that a friend who knew the access code (since lots of people apparently knew it) walked in and discovered the scene. It's normal not to be able to contact your friends after a big night at college but since all 6 of them were unreachable at noon definitely set off alarm bells and someone probably went over to check what was going on. There's a ton of reason the roommates could have slept through the murders. Sounds like their downstairs rooms used to be garages and were insulated. And college students don't just drink. Someone who has smoked marijuana or had an edible will sleep even deeper than just someone who's had a drink, and for even longer. Maybe they were woken up by the emergency services...

'Unconscious person' is definitely emergency-services-talk for someone who is just that - unconscious but nothing else yet known. It's a term they'd use early during the despatch process to be as accurate and general as possible for emergency services.
Right, but why not call 911 with their own phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500