ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would that even work? I'm seriously trying to put together how an outside person would make a 911 call from one of the surviving roommate's phones 8 hours after the murders happened when the two surviving roommates were in locked bedrooms. There wasn't anyone else in the house that night.
well, since you asked- friend is supposed to meet one of the victims on Sunday- cannot get them via phone- walks up and glances through the slider doors- sees an arm or leg on the floor- looks odd. Goes around to the front door- knows the code and enters or calls one of the first floor survivors... borrows a phone from one of them- or says "quick dial 911" and the friend or the survivor makes a report- maybe the friend because that person observed a person on the floor. (could they have gone through the slider door? could they have run upstairs? who knows) IMO. imagining them panicking from what they see

How would that even work? I'm seriously trying to put together how an outside person would make a 911 call from one of the surviving roommate's phones 8 hours after the murders happened when the two surviving roommates were in locked bedrooms. There wasn't anyone else in the house that night.
I don’t believe it was stated that the phone call was made from one the cell phone of the surviving roommates. The police statement said the call was made from the cell phone of one of the roommates- not necessarily one of the surviving roommates.

On the subject of being seen...

The moon rose at 7:06 pm last Saturday night and set about noon on Sunday. It was directly overhead about 3:36 AM on Sunday and was about 80% full. Based on that I would say it would have been fairly bright out, assuming no cloud cover. Can anyone local comment on the weather conditions that night?
Was foggy it seems.

Why is it creepy?
I presume one of the roommates woke up, and started to go upstairs, saw a victim (and blood), and rushed away to call 911.
How would this be creepy?
I agree, or a friend came by and saw the dead roommates and blood and passed out. The surviving roommates might have found the passed-out friend as they were leaving, first and called 911 not realizing what was inside

I'm not an expert on dogs, but dogs are generally not wired like that. Even if he is generally a calm dog, wouldn't he be in a frenzy or at least go out to see who is coming in the middle of the night if it's an unrecognized smell? Even if it is recognized? As a matter of fact, the dog thing is curious because I have heard nothing about it. Where was the dog anyway? First floor? My dogs used to bark like crazy at known or unknown people and knew me coming in to my apartment from the minute I used the elevator. Obviously not every dog is the same but dogs generally are inquisitive creatures like that - they'll try and alert their owners in some way. It's curious we have heard nothing about the dog (or at least I haven't).
Every dog is different. We really can't generalize what a dog should have done, or would have done. We had a rescue, he was terrorized of strangers and would run and hide in a closet until they were gone.

Our other dog, was such an idiot, he would lick anyone to death and was your best friend for a dog cookie. Not a guard dog!

That house had more visitors than a regular family house has and was use to the comings and goings. Murphy was probably hiding. When the Manson family went on their murdering spree, LE found 2 puppies hiding in fear in an open closet. JMO
Well, I haven't read all that much into detail about the Manson murders, but the Mansons killed everyone in the house, correct? A dog barking at them isn't exactly a problem because they didn't care about alerting anyone in the house. Here it is since the dog apparently made no sound - didn't alert the victims nor the two roommates sleeping below. Why? Was the person already in the house prior to them going to sleep (the victims were apparently having party).
The "first floor" is not visible from the other side of the house. If you live/pass by/ see the girls from THAT side of the home, you may not even know there is a 'first floor' MOO
That's not what the layout of the house would suggest. There's a staircase on the opposite sides - one going up, other going down that the killer should definitely see, especially since the staircase going down is directly on his way to murder Ethan/Xana. He only chose to go up.

Yes, I think the police would have spoken with anyone else there. If there was another boyfriend there, or if someone had passed out in the spare room. I just haven't seen them say that there was no-one else there. If they are protecting the privacy of the two surviving roommates, they might be protecting the privacy of someone(s) else as well.

I am honestly amazed at the amount of information we are getting in this case. The murders only happened 1 week ago and we know the cause of death, the type of weapon, the location of the bodies of the victims, and the location the 911 call was made from. After almost 6 years after the Delphi murders we finally have an arrest but don't know the cause of death, type of weapon or anything about how the bodies are found. I am getting the feeling that the information is being dripped out on purpose by the FBI BAU to put the squeeze on whomever did this. It honestly feels like with every new piece of information, the noose is tightening. MOO

Literally signed up to share this thought:

Madison and Kaylee could also have been sharing a bed. Not uncommon with two BFFs who are like sisters, they had probably shared a bed hundreds of times before. Especially when you're drunk it's something you do all the time.

Let's assume KG was the target. The killer entered through the sliding door on 2nd floor. There would be no need to kill EC/XN. Go past that bedroom up the stairs to KG's room. Maybe both KG and MM were sharing the bed after staying up talking for a little. Kills both girls on third floor. Comes back down stairs but maybe either EC or XN heard something and got up to investigate. Let's say it was EC. Killer attacks and almost kills him. XN is still in bed, possibly still half asleep, calls out to EC and asks what's going on ... killer decides to kill her just in case she has seen him, which is why she has defensive wounds. Killer flees. EC badly wounded tries to crawl to where XN is in bedroom, but dies. Maybe his body can be seen from the front door and his friend who was meant to come in the morning spots him, goes inside the house, can see that EC is in a really bad way, there may be some blood, but not as much as where he was originally stabbed, and he is face down, so the friend can't tell how bad he is but knows he's not responding. Spots phone on the floor, grabs it and calls 911.

There’s nothing unusual about the call going out as an unconscious party and nothing should be read into it. Very likely the caller saw someone down, freaked out, didn’t approach, and called 911 in a panic saying the person “wouldn’t wake up” or somesuch.

I feel like in most cases, LE usually says that certain people have been interviewed and cleared or ruled out. All of the recent updates say "they do not believe the driver was involved", "they do not believe the other roommates were involved", "they do not believe the Grub Truck guy was involved", etc.

If I were any of those people, I would want them to definitively state that I was NOT involved. It all seems wishy washy and unfair to those individuals to not phrase it with more certainty.

After almost 6 years after the Delphi murders we finally have an arrest but don't know the cause of death, type of weapon or anything about how the bodies are found.
We actually do, albeit that was leaked. But the Delphi police were horribly incompetent, imo, and way over their heads. Here, these guys seem more sensible and know their limits. The fact that they have called the FBI already is a good sign.

Not a "conspiracy theorist", but I wonder what the parents of the victims did...could this be tied to some sort of revenge? I think that the threads to follow for this investigation are endless. I hope LEO has some sort of concrete lead to follow.

Sounds like they want footage from that road, it goes south from CDA to Moscow. Anyone going there from Cda has to go that road
If you're in Moscow, wouldn't the US-95 NORTH be the highway in the direction of CDA? I do think CDA has a larger role to play in this than we have already seen. Three victims are from very near to CDA or from CDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels