ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would tend to agree. Except LE calling this “targeted” and saying the population isn’t in danger. Also, calling this “complex”. Has that stance changed?
I've been leery of believing LE about such comments on a case of a family murdered in Virginia.LE kept reporting the same things then an arrest came.A random robbery led to a whole family being wiped out.

A thought about outside blood. I’m sure this will be taken down but I thought I’d throw it out as a theory because I’m not necessarily sleuthing..what if he was already in the house. Like invited there by people who got home earlier than the 4 who were killed. And he cleaned up in the house after he was done. And then just stayed. Remember all the friends showed up the next morning for some reason. It would have been easy to blend in or slip away leaving literally zero outside evidence and no trace of getting to the house. Probably already considered. But we don’t know how many people were in the house overnight. We assume 6. Could have been 7.

I'm still so curious about what evidence LE has that makes them continue to state that they feel the attack was targeted. I know this was asked yesterday by reporters and was answered very indirectly by Fry. In other cases where it's possible that a murder could be random, law enforcement hasn't hesitated to say that the community should be vigilant and protect themselves, but I haven't really heard much concern from LE on that front. I know there are some recent exceptions to this, (Delphi for one where they said the public wasn't in danger yet now we know the accused was in the community the whole time) but the fact that the university is going to continue to conduct classes in a hybrid in-person/remote way vs cancelling in-person classes makes me think that LE has assured school leadership that they don't think the students are in danger. I can't imagine the school taking a risk otherwise. JMO!

Obviously it's statistically more likely to be a personal killing vs random, but I just have to wonder what evidence there is that seems to be making LE confident about that. What do others think could be driving the "targeted" theory?
I was speculating earlier that perhaps the house itself was targeted, not any one or more specific people. Somebody kicked out of a party at the house? Someone who despises sorority/fraternity people in general? Revenge for having their car towed away if parked in house parking area? I'm talking about a deranged narcissist.

Where is the report or source on this dog, I’ve read rumors of small dog, and of border collie, when did it happen and what was the nature of it being killed
It sounds like investigators are sure it was not an animal attack?
Source??

Crime labs do microscopic exams on stab wounds and can often find fragments of the knife's metal. From there they can determine the metal's source and sometimes narrow it down to the manufacturer.

I hope LE was able to examine Buddy the Aussie's remains to look for a match to the knife.

But was it confirmed that the friends came over *because* the friends saw a body? Or could it be, as has been speculated here, that friends came over to meet them for brunch or whatever, and they went upstairs to get other roommates and stumbled across scene...?
Yesterday's press release in written form says the surviving roommates asked others to come over. It was due to thinking E was unconscious.

Yeah those calls are definitely attention-catching… there was speculation here yesterday (I think) that maybe the killer was physically small / weak & so acted when the victims were alseep cuz overpowering them might’ve been out of the question. With that line of thinking… maybe a new mate of the calls’ recipient became insanely jealous to see the “ex” blowing up his phone like that & wanted revenge? Could also suggest a possible reason the calls were unanswered despite coming from someone so close - an attempt to not inflame the jealous person any more.
All just speculation/ JMO
If (as the sister said) she had a habit of calling people repeatedly in the middle of the night (especially if she did it when she was drinking), then the boyfriend likely blew it off and went to sleep. She might have asked the roommate to call thinking he would answer if the call came from another number. However, by then he'd either gone to sleep or just assumed that it was the gf and didn't bother look at the phone.

My college ex who became a completely normal engineer with a wife and some kids once called me 112 times when I refused to talk to him. I mean is that normal? No, but it's routine drunk college sad kid breakup things.

I can't relate to people confused about 10 unanswered calls when the guy's phone was on silent. Girl was drunk and got her mac and cheese and wanted her sometimes boyfriend to come over. Don't see how it's weird or relevant at all.

The murder of four innocent kids is what's abhorrent and unthinkable. Not the normal kid things they did the day before.
Excellent posts! Bam!

I agree, if they don't find good DNA samples at the house, hopefully the dog's grave is dug up and tested forensically due to the close proximity of both incidents. I find it hard to believe someone can kill four people with a knife so effectively without some experience in killing animals first. It would be interesting to know if any other animals locally were found dead in unusual or unnatural circumstances. It also opens the somewhat unlikely possibility that the house was originally targeted due to the dog being present but that the plan changed when the groups arrived home.
I wonder if the police are aware of this skinned dog.

So i have a couple of questions
1 Did they say the late night calls left voice messages? ( we share a dog, come over?) or were they just missed calls?
2 I just saw on fox news that re: 911
that the call was made because they couldn't wake up people in bed room!? Has anyone heard that as well?

Wait! If in #2 you tried to wake up girls or anyone else in bedroom you have to walkto second floor area where i believe you would see crime area and with the police description, just walking to second floor the visual was described as horrific- dont think i would descibe a 911 call as i cant wake up my room mates?! In moo very own opinion but can anyone answer my ?s above thanks

I haven't seen it on any of the case maps yet, but here is the image of the 'Buddy' location from the DM article:

64761643-11450983-image-a-9_1669001179462.jpg

Woman living close to scene of Idaho murders says her dog was FILLETED
Given that location on the outskirts of town, near what look like natural or cultivated fields, I highly suspect Buddy and the rabbit were attacked by coyotes.

I live on the outside edge of a metropolitan area, with some similar area nearby and occasionally see individual coyotes in some of the natural walking trail parks here (especially at dusk). And when I take my own dogs out into my own yard at night, I can sometimes hear packs of coyotes whooping and yelping as they hunt at night down below the plateau I live on. The sounds send my two 60-lb dogs running for the door and I’m right there with them!

Around here, they typically kill small dogs, cats, and rabbits. But, when in packs, they will go after larger animals that are alone.

I believe LE have done this in the past, however lately they've adopted a more closed mouth stance .
Maybe due to the suspect or poi deciding to clam up and get a lawyer ?
Anyone else care to chime in ?
Imo.

I think it happens quite often—naming a PoI before an arrest. After all, if LE arrests someone, there’s no need to call that person a PoI!

But I’m having trouble thinking of a specific case. Aha! Here’s a dramatic one. Cheryl Coker. The police officially declared her husband a suspect, apparently to put pressure on him, and more than three years later—no arrest. (He hasn’t sued for defamation of character, either....)

Not sure if this will help with anything but I mapped the path out on Google Earth. The total distance from the house to the cul-de-sac is 205 meters.

Edit: The average human walking speed is 1.2 to 1.4 meters per second which would mean that route would take around 2.5 minutes to walk assuming the suspect is walking at a normal pace.
This is excellent but can someone clarify for me the data points/locations we are looking at?

I totally get why they are doing this: heartbreak and wanting to get justice as soon as possible. But with due respect, they should let the police forces handle this on their own. Something that is being done to try to help might be counterproductive in the end. It is easy for me to say - the deceased are not my family members - but their families need to step back and have patience and trust in the work the police forces/FBI are carrying. It saddens me deeply to see them handing out leaflets and like I said, I totally get it, but this is not the right approach, especially when we do not even know if this could be a serial killer on the loose and maybe still in town. Just MOO.

Maybe they were all killed and then locked in their bedrooms. Which would indicate the killer knew there were other roommates. And maybe the roommates tried knocking and knocking on the doors to wake them and couldn't so they went onto that balcony and saw through window that the person wasn't moving as they knocked. Hence the 'unconscious' call to 911.

Also, I watched an ID show on a mom who found her daughter murdered in her bed. It was bloody yet the mom ran outside to call 911 and also said her daughter was unconscious. I think it was shock and refusal to believe what she saw. She registered enough to run outside and stay outside in fear (of bad guy being in house) yet her call to 911 more indicated her daughter was just passed out sick. And it also was a bloody scene but she never mentioned that to 911. So I never made too much of the whole surviving roommates bit. Never thought they were involved. <modsnip>
I'm not trying to be contentious but all four were part of Greek life on campus and it's possible one of their "causes" was attending protests and speaking out against misogyny at Christ Church. Also, and I'm not trying to be derogatory, it's also a great photo op for social media if someone wanted to appear relevant and "woke" regardless of how strong their feelings actually were. Would be really interesting to look through photos of past protests or clashes with the townspeople to see if one or more of them attended. They were a head-turning group and might have attracted the wrong person's atttention. JMO
Wonder if there was any social media bullying within the Greek sororities etc?

Given that location on the outskirts of town, near what look like natural or cultivated fields, I highly suspect Buddy and the rabbit were attacked by coyotes.

I live on the outside edge of a metropolitan area, with some similar area nearby and occasionally see individual coyotes in some of the natural walking trail parks here (especially at dusk). And when I take my own dogs out into my own yard at night, I can sometimes hear packs of coyotes whooping and yelping as they hunt at night down below the plateau I live on. The sounds send my two 60-lb dogs running for the door and I’m right there with them!

Around here, they typically kill small dogs, cats, and rabbits. But, when in packs, they will go after larger animals that are alone.
You should read the reports. Seems that Latah County police confirmed that the killer was human (presumably because the little dog was so "neatly" skinned).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Never Ending