Found Deceased TX - Delano Burkes, 26, missing after night out with friends, went to use the bathroom, seen running, Houston, 13 Nov 2022

NOV 22, 2022
Houston political and local leaders are now joining the calls for answers to the mysterious disappearance of Delano Burkes.

"We want to find Mr. Burkes," said U.S. Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee. "We need everyone from the clubs, to neighbors, to look at your RING video or any kind of video that you have."

[...]

"It’s our hope that we find Mr. Burkes alive," said Houston Police Department Assistance Chief Kevin Deese. "We’ve had drones out. We’ve had dogs out. Equusearch has been brought in. He could be anywhere from there and beyond."

[...]

"In the video you can tell he was tipsy, but it also looks like more was involved," said Karen Jeffley, Delano’s mother. "We feel like he was drugged too. He was with a friend that he hadn’t seen for a while. They left him at the club."

For the last 10 days, several people have been searching across the Heights area for any signs of Delano. So far, they haven’t had any luck.

According to Houston police, Burkes's phone has been off since he disappeared.

[...]

Here's the charging complaint for the arrest, to which he pled guilty.
View attachment 381985

Why he would break in and try to steal something is beyond me, according to his Affidavit of Financial condition he & his wife make good money. I redacted the Complainants name b/c I'm pretty sure I can't post it on this site.
The charging complaint does state that alcohol was believed to be a factor in the burglary. Interesting that this address is located in Montrose. The family did stage a search off of W. Gray last week as well, right around the corner from the address of the burglary. The deferred adjudication was signed on 11/2/22.

Last edited:

Tuesday, November 22, 2022 10:31PM

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- It's been more than a week since a Houston man vanished after leaving a popular Heights bar.

A $5,000 reward is now being offered for information that can lead to answers in the disappearance of 26-year-old Delano Burkes.

Their top priority is finding Burkes.

Friends last saw him around 12:30 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 13, after going to multiple bars in the Houston Heights.

RELATED: Family of missing 26-year-old last seen in the Heights obtains tip on potential sighting in downtown

Newly retrieved video shows Burkes crossing the street shortly after leaving McIntyre's bar near West 19th Street, seemingly in distress.

In a news conference on Tuesday night, Burkes' mother, Karen Jeffley, said his friends that were out with him the night he disappeared didn't look for him and left with his car and headed home.

Burkes' wife, mother, and entire family have been searching everywhere for the 26-year-old. Jeffley told ABC13 the friends he was out with that night didn't help in the search for Burkes until Wednesday.

"Someone saw him. And someone can tell what happened to him," Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee said.

Video shows Burkes leaving McIntyre's in the Heights in the early hours of Nov. 13.

In the video in the above - does it look like he got into that truck at 1:23? I can't tell if its just his head passing by the truck window or a reflection given the relatively poor quality video (although still pretty good quality for security footage) - but it looks like the door to that silver pickup truck opens? Am I seeing things?

Edit: Unless the family knows something we don't (entirely possible) i don't love their continued use of the word "distressed" - he's definitely not sprinting in the videos, or obviously running away from anything. And if someone or something was chasing him, wouldn't it have also been picked up in these videos?

MOO - But the more I think, hear, and see of these videos - the more i think he ingested something either knowingly or unknowingly. He looks lost more than distressed or scared.

Edit 2: Will be off work before it gets dark today so planning to walk my side of the bayou as the water should be receding by later this afternoon.

Last edited:

In the video in the above - does it look like he got into that truck at 1:23? I can't tell if its just his head passing by the truck window or a reflection given the relatively poor quality video (although still pretty good quality for security footage) - but it looks like the door to that silver pickup truck opens? Am I seeing things?
That is a good call out about the truck entry. To me it looks like that is just the footage change as he walks by the side of the truck, just MOO. :)

The charging complaint does state that alcohol was believed to be a factor in the burglary. Interesting that this address is located in Montrose. The family did stage a search off of W. Gray last week as well, right around the corner from the address of the burglary. The deferred adjudication was signed on 11/2/22.
This is an incredibly interesting connection. I think there's some other stuff at play here we don't yet know.

This is an incredibly interesting connection. I think there's some other stuff at play here we don't yet know.
Yes. You just must consider all of the angles and leave no stone unturned. I don't believe his disappearance had anything to do with the burglary...but all the facts are relevant in building the picture of his life at the time of his disappearance. MOO.

I definitely think so too. I live very close to where the trespassing took place. I walk my dog past that house often but I have not seen any flyers or search parties around here..not sure why.

It also seems like the mom and not the wife was first to report him missing. (The mom spoke in a video saying she realized he was missing when he didn’t call her, not that his wife notified her or anything). Wouldn’t the wife have noticed that night/early Sunday morning that he had not come home? I wonder if it was normal for him to disappear because it also seems like family members did not start posting about him missing until around 11/16- 3 days after he was missing. Just all the timing seems a little odd.

I'm still looking for the storage yard with the deuce and a half truck. It wasn't on 19th going west, only a unimog in that direction.
Life Storage is at 1770 E TC Jester. Looking at the aerial you can see on the Bevis side of the facility has the M35 truck inside the fence (1712 Bevis St,). Streetview shows the same vehicle.

I haven’t watched the video yet. It hits a bit too close to home without even seeing it. I had some wild years and one time was left by my friends in a foreign country! They simply didn’t know how to get me in line. I don’t blame his friends. But I am so horribly sad for what seems to be the outcome. JMO

I lost a childhood friend in a similar way to this whole story many years ago.

Weird stuff happens when people drink.

Last edited:
Medicinal marijuana is one thing. Street weed can be spice, laced with PCP or salvia, etc. It's extremely shocking and very messed up but it actually does happen. You just don't hear about it nearly as often as murders etc of course. When I was in highschool, spice was legal to sell at gas stations to minors. My friends bought it and some had seizures, and even brain damage.

I think in this case, since he was drinking alcohol, it's more likely that he drank something, and not smoked something. Just my opinion.
True, but many people smoke and drink. We can gather from his history he liked to party. So who knows? He may have taken something or perhaps someone slipped him something, or gave him something that wasn't what he thought it was. Many possibilities.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back