ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in my opinion.

Where can we see the full interview because the clip itself says nothing about the non-responsive female being on the second floor. Only the tweet caption does. Is there a link to the whole interview?

It also says when officers arrived 'they dealt with that issue' and *then* found 2 deceased people on the second floor. I interpret that (my speculation only) as the non-responsive person being dealt with was possibly outside, and then LE proceeded to the second floor to find out why that person had gone into shock/was non-responsive/maybe fainted.

IMO the non-responsive person was not one of the victims. MOO.
Yes, perhaps one of the roommates fainted. Or, possibly a mistake in his wording. And during the call it could have explained why she fainted. However, imo the non responsive person was either X or E.

Last edited:
If 911 Call was about an unresponsive female on the 2nd floor, And It’s the opinion of Some of our sleuths That K And M lived on the 3rd floor, Im guessing she could have staggered out of the bedroom possible into the Hallway Or ? It’s safe to say the perp entered the room would attack E first Then X maybe she was awaken stunned was attacked while trying to exit the room, I know this Is A lot of speculation, But she had to be it’s very least in the Hallway otherwise the 911 call would’ve reported 2 unresponsive roommates, Does this make sense? I’ve been away for a few hrs Maybe this has already been discussed determined and put to rest… This Is just my Opinion

Maybe they tried texting everyone in the house and when no one responded, they had a gut feeling they should just stay put and get some back up so they texted friends. I would imagine the house was eerily quiet.
and father Steve's answer to question two makes me think there has been some confusion about unconscious or unresponsive female.

( that the survivor room mates didn't physically see the unresponsive /unconcious victim but were worried that somebody had passed out because they were unresponsive to calls and texts. )

no idea how a perp locks a room from outside or why the survivors didn't try the door handle

So spontaneous do you mean like a stranger that follows K M back to the house? If there's 4 vehicles parked out front, it's kind of a leap to think that one of them doesn't belong to a male roommate or a boyfriend. We're talking saturday night near college campus. If the killer just sees two females go into the house and just assumes that it's only females that are in there....I don't know about that.
I think you could speculate either way - on a Saturday night in a college town the amount of cars could have zero to do with who is actually home. Most people Uber, take pledge rides, etc. someone could be spending the night with their boyfriend or a guy they met out and not at the house. In my own personal experience, most sorority girls in college lived with only other women. Seeing 2 girls arrive home, if I were to assume, I would assume the roommates were all women. Who knows which way the killer, if random, would think

Been a while since I’ve posted but this case has totally consumed me. Please delete if not allowed. But is it possible this was a professional hit? The police say it was sloppy and made a big mess. IMO this is to irritate the killer(s). I think this is a professional hit on one or more of the 4 victims. I don’t know what led to the hit but a few things that come to mind are drug rings/gambling debt? Cartel/drug rings/gambling bookies etc. are ruthless and they aren’t afraid to take you or your family member out. IMO with the level of LE/FBI/etc. in Idaho working to solve this, 2 weeks later, I sadly feel this won’t be solved because it was a hired hit. I HOPE IM WRONG. IMO The killer(s) are long gone and not on campus, maybe not in ID. IMO No way the boyfriend or a college kid could pull this off. To kill 4 people with a knife in less than an hour and get away without a trace AND not be caught after 2 weeks requires military/professional training - again MOO. Could the personal nature of stabbings be to send a message to friends or family who may know more? Perhaps they are terrified to speak up? I don’t know. I just can’t imagine this crime was committed by anyone without professional military/combat experience. Again- My opinion only.

I pray they find the killer(s)? Soon. Four beautiful lives taken too soon. May they all fly high and RIP. An absolutely heartbreaking story.

Yes, perhaps one of the roommates fainted.
that's what i've been kind of going back to every time i think of a new theory. i'm kind of stuck on it being one of the roommates who fainted. but it begs the question if the other surviving victim called 911 for the faint victim from their phone, why wouldn't they then have mentioned why the victim fainted?

It also says when officers arrived 'they dealt with that issue' and *then* found 2 deceased people on the second floor. I interpret that (my speculation only) as the non-responsive person being dealt with was possibly outside, and then LE proceeded to the second floor to find out why that person had gone into shock/was non-responsive/maybe fainted.
That was my impression as well. But the video is heavily edited, with stops and starts, so it's hard to say for certain.

my theory is that since we all can confirm that X suffered defensive wounds/fought back that it's possible she was trying to escape while E was still in bed. JMO. so roommates walk upstairs into living room area, take a right towards X's room and if X was trying to escape, maybe she could've been laying in the space between the kitchen and living room.

that's entirely my opinion based on that we're kind of gathering that it could've been X that they made the 911 call for

Ok, but wasn't E's jeep outside? They get the friends over, the friends go past the cars. Everybody's like what's wrong with X? Nobody thinks to consider E? His jeep is outside.

Wait a second, the door would have to have been locked. They said, "unresponsive female" on the 2nd floor. That's X. If the door's open, then they would have seen BOTH X and E.

There is no finding anybody. They knocked, she didn't respond. They probably tried to open the door only to find it locked.
Do you have a clip to where the man actually says out loud 'on the second floor'?

ETA: where the man actually says out loud that the *non-responsive female* was on the second floor?

Maybe it is making too much of the Snell video but in addition to the mispeaking about female vs person he also says "two additional people were found" and then corrects to the two per floor statement. Does this mean that the unresponsive female they were called for was found with someone else? ie, X with E?

If there really is no POI, wouldn’t they release some new info to see if they can generate more leads?
Also, just because they say they aren’t withholding a POI doesn’t mean they aren’t still looking at someone or multiple people and just don’t yet have the evidence to back up officially making them a POI.

I’m holding out hope that they are onto something.
Thinking about this some more…

Saying they have no POI could merely be that they are still processing evidence and piecing this together. They are not homing in on a single POI in order to keep an open mind (remain unbiased) and let the evidence do the talking. I am not an expert but I would imagine that to analyze and starting forming a picture of the suspect you’d want as much evidence and data in hand before you do that in order to avoid developing a bias toward any particular story/suspect…barring the discovery of a smoking gun. So technically telling the truth when they say they are not hiding a POI from the public.

When you think about it, it’s four crime scenes within one big scene, so a lot to analyze. Maybe this is a normal amount of time required to do the work.

Is it possible E + X had something in their room or in the house that was of value to the perpetrator(s) AND the perpetrator(s) had an argument with both or one of them earlier in the evening?

OR, E + X (and/or K + M) had very damaging information regarding the perpetrator(s) that was of a nature that would elevate someone to murder given the circumstances (maybe a heated argument earlier that evening)?

One note regarding fraternity parties, in my experience they are almost always comprised of probably half other males not associated with the house, usually a mix of associated members and unassociated friends.

Ok, but wasn't E's jeep outside? They get the friends over, the friends go past the cars. Everybody's like what's wrong with X? Nobody thinks to consider E? His jeep is outside.
those are fair points. you could say that they're like "what's wrong with X" or possibly they had a suspicion after discovering X and attempting to call the others.

This has been my thought as well. the only thing throwing me off is it must have been K and M as the target initially and both E and X as I thought would be related to Sigma Chi. That's my own leaning because I dont think there was a need to go upstairs if the point of entry and target was downstairs, that's just extra noise for people already asleep and too much risk. But definitely seems everyone at the house was familiar with the fraternity so guess it doesn't matter
I was wondering if K, M, X and E may have all been at some kind of gathering or bar in the past where the girls complained to E that some creeper was bothering them. Maybe E had a talk with this person and the killer carried a grudge and acted out on it. (Just a thought)

Maybe it is making too much of the Snell video but in addition to the mispeaking about female vs person he also says "two additional people were found" and then corrects to the two per floor statement. Does this mean that the unresponsive female they were called for was found with someone else? ie, X with E?
Makes it even more likely that the non-responsive person was not one of the two people found on the second floor or the third floor.

At first I was skeptical that the perpetrator would be another student, but after thinking more about it, I think a disgruntled frat member (specifically Sigma Chi) fits the facts pretty well. The following is just a theory, but I think it makes sense.

One of the possibilities discussed on this thread has been whether or not the perpetrator knew the victims personally and/or was familiar with the house (as opposed to a complete stranger). I tend to agree with those who have been saying that the perpetrator wasn't a complete stranger as it would be extremely risky to break into a house without knowing who could be inside, so I believe the perpetrator was at least familiar with one or more of the victims.

The Sigma Chi house has a direct view of the entire front of the victim's house, with many of the frat house bedrooms having a direct view of the house on King Road (see this Daily Mail video - screenshot from the video included below). If a member living in the house wanted to monitor the activities in the victim's house, they could easily surveil them from the comfort of his own bedroom––no need to sneak around in the bushes behind the house and risk getting caught. In the dark, it would be extremely easy to see when the victims went to sleep based on when the lights in each room were switched off.

View attachment 383565

We know that Ethan (a member of Sigma Chi) and Xana were at a party at the Sigma Chi house on the night of the murders (ABC News). If there was a fight or some sort of altercation at the party that night, that could be a possible motive. Additionally, compared to Kaylee and Maddie, we know very little about Ethan and Xana's activities that night beyond their attendance at the Sigma Chi party.

Numerous people Kaylee and Maddie interacted with that night (the guy in the hoodie at the food truck, the person they were calling late at night, and the 'private party' driver who took them home) have been ruled out by LE as suspects, but no one Ethan and Xana interacted with that night have ever been publicly identified or cleared (City of Moscow Police Department press release).

Due to the close proximity of the Sigma Chi house to the victim's home, it would be very easy to walk to the house, commit the murders, and then walk back to the frat house without being detected (no vehicle needed). Additionally, because the frat house is effectively next door to the victims' home, the perpetrator would likely be aware of the habits of neighbors (i.e., whether they frequently have parties) as well as which houses in the neighborhood have security cameras. It also seems that the Sigma Chi house has exterior stairwells (see the photo above), so the perpetrator may have been able to return to his room without coming into contact with fellow members/visitors.
If it was a Sigma Chi, they would have him by now and would know exactly who everyone had a beef with. That is what prevents me from thinking it is a disgruntled frat boy. LE keeps insisting they have no POI let alone suspect. If there was an altercation earlier in the night, there would have been a ton of witnesses that could identify who they were fighting with.

Moo
Its so sad and disheartening the police haven't got any suspects yet . I'm totally gutted for the family and I can't stop thinking about how they must feel.
The more this goes on the more I'm believing that he lived nearby. As other posters have said he was confident to be in the area, confident about walking in that house, in the middle of the night and taking out for innocent souls. His confidence to do that is jaw dropping. I mean, all those cars park outside would be enough to put anyone off! Which makes me think he studied that house on numerous nights. He sat and watched in the darkness, literally stalking his prey. I don't think there was an encounter earlier in the night at all. I think it all played out around that house. I reckon he's had his eye on them for months and for whatever reason, he decided to go for it that night.
The house just seems a prime target for peeping toms. Even the windows are quite big (the kitchen sliding doors, the bedroom doors leading onto the deck) i bet when its lit up ar night, uts visually quite stunning and would naturally draw ones eye. But then throw 6 attractive females in there too, maybe not always closing their blinds? All the noise and comings and goings. Its a peeping toms heaven! Especially with little to no security around it.
I reckon he's not left much of a trail as he lives nearby, so nothing much (if anything) caught on camera/ cctv. He's literally been in and out.
I also believe he will be an animal lover (even though I know killers usually have a history of animal cruelty) but I reckon he didn't kill the dog because he likes them and maybe made a fuss of the dog and so the dog didn't bark. I think this guy just hates women and it was sexually motivated.

Obviously this is all my own opinion, but its just from seeing how they don't have anyone yet and yet surely there must be some leads by now in regards to cctv? Either on the roads, corner club or in town?
I really do think he's physically closer to the house than we think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member