ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and it also means the police were in the area after responding to the call. At or around the 3 am to 4 am killing window they allude to. I wish it said when they got there (does it say that anywhere?)
Yep. If nothing else, their response to this 911 call could have been what ended the attack and spared the lives of the first floor roommates. If they rolled up on the field with a spotlight on or the red and blue flashing lights on, it would have lit up the entire house at 1122 King. At that point, the killer would’ve fled.

I wish everyone would watch the video from Ashleigh Banfield’s show tonight (posted a few pages back). That call happened literally a 30 second walk away from the house. It was SO close!

I mean the house was the target like the Manson case....

DBM for focus.

I don't agree that 10050 Cielo Drive was the "target" for Manson. A person Manson believed to live there (probably record producer Terry Melcher) and his family/guests were the target; Manson just didn't know his target had moved and the Polanskis had rented the house.

In this FOX interview with a forensics expert, the expert explained that the coroner did not see the bodies until much later than the norm. (See link to video below. Another member posted it yesterday) He further explains that the formulas used to determine time of death based on rigor mortis, algor mortis, etc cannot be used effectively.

Any ideas on how LE was able to estimate the time of death? If I am not mistaken LE is currently saying between 3 and 4 am.

N no N
Depending on which room the perp was in at the time, he may have seen the police lights or heard the siren and got spooked. The time of the 911 call fits in the 3 to 4 AM time frame in which LE believes the murders occurred.
For that type of call, the police may have rolled up on the students without sirens &/or flashing lights.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you could interview one person in order to gain information toward this case's solving -- with the exception of LE and the actual perpetrator(s) -- who would you talk to? and why?
The manager of the dealership where she bought her car. To elicit information about the background of the employees, including mechanics and car-washers and janitors; and the previous owner of the car.

I do t think it’s backtracking. I think people are just interchangeably using words like “messy”, “sloppy”, “personal”, “targeted” and others are dissecting every syllable. It’s insane, but I understand people just want to feel safe again.

My opinion of what happened with the surviving roommates and the 911 call that morning:

Roommate(s) (RM) are up Sunday morning and it is strange that X is not awake and up for the day--maybe even had an event or brunch that she was expected up for. So RM knocks on X's door with no response. RM then tries to open X's bedroom door and discovers it locked. So RM then calls X's cell phone and X does not answer--but roommate can hear the phone ringing in X's bedroom (so she knows she is in there not responding). So RM then tries calling E's cell phone to see if he knows what is up with X---and the RM can then hear E's phone ringing in the locked bedroom as well. So then RM starts to get concerned and calls E's brother and frat guys that are essentially right across the street a the Frat House to see if they know anything or can come help. E's brother and frat brothers come to the house and knock on the door and call for E and X through the door with no response. So they decide to call 911 and report an unresponsive person in the bedroom. While on the phone with 911, the dispatcher directs them to try to open the locked door (this is when the phone gets passed around to different people as we know happened on the call). During the commotion on the call with 911, they eventually find a wire hanger to pop open the bedroom door and find the horror scene of their friends/sibling/brother stabbed to death in a grizzly scene. The RM and friends who are there then run out of the house and wait for police to arrive.

This scenario would account for all of the various strange facts we know about the morning and the call that seem off to all of us but seem to make sense to me.

Thoughts?
Wouldn't you check with the other housemates before calling someone's brother who doesn't live there?

It wouldn't be uncommon for a couple to have their door locked but if you went upstairs and you see a empty bedroom and another door locked and couldn't wake them ...that would cause alarm.

N no N

For that type of call, the police may have rolled up on the students without sirens &/or flashing lights.
I have done my share of both college partying and partying on fields. When the cops roll up onto a dark scene like that, they always turn on at least the bright white spotlight mounted on the roof. They need to light up the scene to see what they are approaching, for their own safety.

Ii would take a significantly more amount of commitment and intestinal fortitude to do this with a knife. This was not a physically easy task to see through to completion. It would appear that he had some how gained prior knowledge of the home and occupants, as others have rightly mentioned. Having dealt with uncooperative patients for thirty plus years (a small percentage thank the Lord), whom we were there to aid, I can’t get my mind around the chaos that took place in that home when someone is trying to kill four people. You can have a patient that is moderately sedated (as would be the case with alcohol), and even with the slightest stimulation, their fight or flight system can overcome what you have given them as if it was nothing. Without a doubt, once adrenaline kicked in, these young ladies had the ability to make this difficult, not to mention the young man. If this was a first time kill I would be amazed, because this was a difficult, heinous task. Not one that in my opinion could be accomplished by a first time offender.
I agree w your line of thinking ---
using a knife to kill four people in a home would take
"significantly more amount of commitment and intestinal fortitude" than firing a handgun. Hard to imagine the chaos either way.

Bless you for having patience w uncooperative patients who did not see you as being there to help them.

My post merely pointed out that a perp - if planning to kill - may have seen disadvantages of using gun, e.g., noise and unwanted attention of close by neighbors. Nevertheless may have had one at crime scene to intimidate.
Also whether fed. background check* would have prevented perp from buying handgun thru a firearms dealer. If so, a perp may not have let a pesky technicality like the NICS check get in the way. Maybe beg, borrow, or steal gun, instead of buying legally???? IDK.
--------------------------------------

I do t think it’s backtracking. I think people are just interchangeably using words like “messy”, “sloppy”, “personal”, “targeted” and others are dissecting every syllable. It’s insane, but I understand people just want to feel safe again.
It's insane? It's language. Such things matter. Attention must be paid.

I’ve looked all over the internet until my eyes bled out of my nostril.. Tell me: has it been confirmed that Kaylee had already moved out? It seemed that you could see her bed, the “good vibes” sign & other things thru the window/door after the crime.
How did Amy say it? No, no no!! Still no confirmation of that.

Maybe they blame her a little. If E hadn't been with her, etc. it's not reasonable, but with that amount of grief, people react in different ways to find a way to cope in the short-term.
Absolutely, husband and I lost a coworker and close friend to both of us in a freak flash flood, all these years later he beats himself up that if he had just known and talked to her and tell her to get on her roof. I miss her like crazy but he still reacts with grief after all these years. (I can't fix it, he feels he should have stopped it but how did we know?! If we did we would have been down there in 15 minutes that night!). Either way I know all kinds of grief stories and regrets will coming out soon, hindsight is 20/20 like my husband. I pray some people that saw X&E that night come forward or at some point LEO publishes it. We have limited info at this point, somethings missing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
movalee