ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Investigators are aware of a sixth person who could have potentially lived at the residence…”

omg, maybe, possibly? This kind of feels like an episode of the Keystone Cops. I may bow out of following this case until there is news of a suspect apprehension. And that may be a good long time.

I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up yet...Could not be related at all but I came across this post from the Moscow Daily Activity Log from September 19:

Incident Address: 600 blk TAYLOR AVE
MOSCOW ID 83843
Disposition: ACT
Time Reported: 17:32
Cad Comments:
Complaint of stalking. Suspect diagnosed with bi-polar and drug induced psychosis. Officer responded. Report taken.

This is super close to their house.

IMO, people weren’t necessarily speculating that it was related to the murders but they were shocked at the fact that LE was right across the street within the timeframe of the murders.

It makes the crime even that much more brazen. Shocking somebody would go into a house with SIX people in it, in the middle of a fairly dense college neighborhood, kill four of them without somehow alerting the other two, and all while there is (or at least was) a police response basically right down the street

Imo LE is likely suggesting that it’s really not necessary for him to speak out about the nuts and bolts of the investigation at all. They perhaps mentioned that it’s great to keep this case out there in the public arena but that he might want to concentrate on sharing about who his daughter was and stick to generalities mention tip line etc. I think the father has other plans. Imo His world spun out of his control at a moments notice and he is trying to control what he can.

First time commenting on this case,

first off, I think some people need to cut the police some slack.... I can think of 4 "local" serial killers where it took police a long time to make an arrest. Green River, I5, Clifford Robert Olson, Paul Bernardo.....

in the Green River (Seattle) and I5 cases (Washington/Oregon/North Cali I5 corridor), the perp was doing the same crime over and over again. in Green River case, same area and targeting prostitutes. in I5, doing multiple violent crimes the same day at different stops on I5.

here are comments/questions,

1) do many of us assume the perp must have specific background/knowledge? to leave so few good clues. hunting? (although that's lots of people in Idaho). ex-military? other similar guesses.

2) the dog.... surprised it didn't bark alot and attack perp..... was it bloody when found? did it know the perp? did the perp get there early and lock the dog in another room?

3) stalker... a bit surprised that dad and I think others said she had stalkers but police didn't come up with anything.... must be all kinds of stalkers at colleges..... of course, if you loosen up the definition of stalker, you'd have a third of the male population in Moscow (Idaho)

4) 9/11 call..... shocked so many people seem to think it's so important.. you get up late on Sunday, all you roommates cars are in driveway. no evidence of anyone getting up. (maybe you see dog or wonder why it's locked in another room).. roommates don't get up by a certain time, you get very confused/worried... call the police? OR, will it simply be a nuisance call?........ I just don't see how any of this is highly relevant if police figure out which "innocent roommate" made the call.. and no reason to make the "innocent roommates" lives more stressful than they already are.

5) did KG formerly live in that house? or was she still even paying rent but not living there?... never made completely clear to me.

6) sororities.... probably nothing but I watched Law and Order episode "Pledge" the other night... the perp was obsessed with sorority girls..... specific sorority, specific negative incident from way back, specific sorority sister...... horrible thing to say but I can see certain types of sorority girls rubbing people the wrong way. (of course, huge leap to what happened)

Since this is transcribed from a spoken interview, it's unclear if the father is saying "behavior of the victim's" (singular) or "behavior of the victims/victims'" (plural).
It's clear to me that he can only mean "behaviour of the victims" (plural) because the singular would be "behaviour of the victim." The apostrophe between victim and the 's' denotes possession e.g. "the victim's behaviour" but if you have "of the victim" in the phrase you have possessive so you don't need an apostrophe. It is conceivable that the father tripped over the word but that could be the case with any other words he says too. MOO

BBC is now saying that amateur web sleuths are plaguing this investigation. I don't think web sleuths are hurting this investigation in any degree whatsoever. What's plaguing the investigation is that the killer apparently left without much of a trace. And then beyond that fact everything else related to this case is extremely bizarre.

I think it’s possible that X and E, since we don’t know their timeline for the evening.. brought someone back to the house to sleep in the 6th roommates bed / room as it was available. This explains why there was no forced entry and the killer would have then known the layout of the house before the lights went off and everyone went to sleep. It’s also why they didn’t know about the girls downstairs who were likely already asleep but knew about the two upstairs who returned later.
But that person would have to have had a motive (which I would first think of theft, but that hasn’t been mentioned AFAIK), and a big knife with him. It just doesn’t strike me that it would happen that way, unless drugs were involved (I think there’s been no mention of this either?). MOO

Perhaps the 6th person on the lease is a new roommate that would have been joining them next semester. If so, it was probably someone who was already a trusted friend...or was a friend who already graduated or who dropped out or moved in with her boyfriend or...

I don't think anyone should be reading anything into that possibility yet.
I think if that was the case, K's mom might have known about it.....like K may have brought it up in casual conversation. Or maybe not. I wonder who the primary Lessor is on that lease. I always thought it was Kaylee, but who knows.

I see criticism of amateur sleuthing..... I think what many people do on here is fine. basically, commenting on media reports etc... what I don't like is people going onto friends and family social media and ferreting info that way. I see all kinds of things wrong with that.. and I do think that type of behaviour does interfere with police investigation and ultimately the charged party getting a fair trial (and if they can't get a fair trial, a actual killer may get a mistrial or an acquittal i.e. evidence is tainted, jury is prejudiced against defendant due to crazy info out there)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA